Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

peekachoo wrote: »
    perfect for bass!

Anybody can use a Mac as an instrument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    That's about as far as I can stretch too but different keyboards have different spacing between keys I think

You'd have to try on a piano keyboard :p

Mine are just long and skinny, my piano teacher said they were perfect for guitar and keyboard..oh well

tried it on my keyboard, every key included, even the 2 I was touching-8 in total-good or bad?

8 is an octave.

This is why drums are the best. They dont descriminate on hand size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Isn't one octave a quite a long stretch? :eek:

I mean, I haven't played piano in a year or two but I remember I could only stretch maybe an octave plus one key and I have really long fingers. Mind you they were like rigid.
    I wouldn't say it's that long. I would have thought it was pretty standard. Far too many times we've had to rewrite chords and notes because I can't physically hold down all of the keys that I'm supposed to and then there's the double octave scales or whatever they're called which are a total nightmare because I end up mashing half of the other keys in between and can only play them once or twice because I can start to really start to feel the pain from having to stretch so far.

Seeing as we're comparing keyboard spans, I can get from a to l, although my left hand reaches that tiiinny bit further than the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Bass strings are spaced wide apart, no?

there's a lot of stretching, long fingers would be well handy. I have stubby fingers and I barely manage :P

(Shut up Andy! :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

HugsiePie wrote: »
    tried it on my keyboard, every key included, even the 2 I was touching-8 in total-good or bad?

That's one octave, same as blueray. I think I used to able to hit one further but that was when I had flexible hands

Believe it or not there are exercises to make your fingers stretch :) musicians do them a lot

While we're on hand sizes- I have a freakishly short ring finger in comparison to my other fingers, I googled it-I was exposed to HIGH levels of oestrogen in the womb which means I'm probably straight, guys with ring fingers shorter than their index finger tend to be gay (there was a study I cant remember the exact figure but it is linked) so lads-look at your hands if you're confused :D

guys with ring fingers shorter than their index finger tend to be gay

So thats why I'm missing that finger.

So thats why I'm missing that finger.

I knew the sexual harassment was just a cover up for your blatantly obvious sexuality.
    Now that youre out of the closet we can be friends :D

I'm all the sexualities.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say it's that long. I would have thought it was pretty standard. Far too many times we've had to rewrite chords and notes because I can't physically hold down all of the keys that I'm supposed to and then there's the double octave scales or whatever they're called which are a total nightmare because I end up mashing half of the other keys in between and can only play them once or twice because I can start to really start to feel the pain from having to stretch so far.

Seeing as we're comparing keyboard spans, I can get from a to l, although my left hand reaches that tiiinny bit further than the right.

a to l? :eek: Ouch..

Hang on I think I'll find my keyboard(instrument keyboard not this) and check now but I haven't played in so long I'd barely be able to stretch out one octave.. :o
    While we're on hand sizes- I have a freakishly short ring finger in comparison to my other fingers, I googled it-I was exposed to HIGH levels of oestrogen in the womb which means I'm probably straight, guys with ring fingers shorter than their index finger tend to be gay (there was a study I cant remember the exact figure but it is linked) so lads-look at your hands if you're confused :D

Yeah I heard about that, both my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers haha

Lots and lots of testosterone here

*strokes beard*

*strokes beard*

*Also strokes beard* :D:P;):rolleyes:

Woohoo!

I can stretch from C to D
    *Also strokes beard* :D:P;):rolleyes:

Mine scratches my hand :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I think the index finger of my left hand is the smallest bit longer than my left ring finger.. It's the opposite on my right hand though. :eek:

I'm all the sexualities.

I was going to make a joke about being attracted to animals and I went to google what the term was, but then I typed in sexually attracted, and the 4th most popular result was "sexually attracted to my son" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also Corvo youre telling me that you're into all of this:
    < google it for yourselves :p >

I was going to make a joke about being attracted to animals and I went to google what the term was, but then I typed in sexually attracted, and the 4th most popular result was "sexually attracted to my son" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll save you the trouble, it's zoophilia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I keep getting people asking me to go on a date with them on Facebook. The awkwardness of saying no makes me wanna crawl under a rock :eek:

I think I'm just gonna delete FB and stick with here :pac:

39625160.jpg

Jade. wrote: »
    I keep getting people asking me to go on a date with them on Facebook. :

B!tch

:P

I keep getting people asking me to go on a date with them on Facebook. The awkwardness of saying no makes me wanna crawl under a rock :eek:

I think I'm just gonna delete FB and stick with here :pac:

it's such a lost thing in Ireland. Like what kind of dates? This one time a lad asked me to go for a coffee with him and I thought it was a ridiculous request even though in other places it's normal! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

it's such a lost thing in Ireland. Like what kind of dates? This one time a lad asked me to go for a coffee with him and I thought it was a ridiculous request even though in other places it's normal! :pac:

Yeah like since when do people even say date? :pac: When people on shows go on a 'date' where they sit and drink coffee and talk about themselves it just seems like a completely abnormal thing to do! :pac:

Like what kind of dates?

This kind.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoxLwvhTZjhSfqIa7PViEty-0j6_gwk4SM4ga7RhiEfLeXSAs4hQ

Yeah like since when do people even say date? :pac: When people on shows go on a 'date' where they sit and drink coffee and talk about themselves it just seems like a completely abnormal thing to do! :pac:

I'm obviously not doing the whole FB thing right. :P

I said no anyway I couldn't bring myself to go for a coffee :eek:

Andy I will unwillingly trudge to cavan and punch you in the throat. :P

Ah but you see I have character. Its not that hard. I asked a girl I knew from Galway to go to the Ocean Races.

It's a date :pac:

I said no anyway I couldn't bring myself to go for a coffee :eek:

I like you peekachoo, I like this new suggestion-you shall from here on in be refered to as "Peeks" and also, you're my new best friend:D

It's a date :pac:

No its a county.

Does this mean I have friends now...??? :D

• Advertisement

All in an alliance against me I suppose. Cant handle my mad charisma.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement