Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You know nothing Jon Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

She seemed "ahem" pleased with his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

peekachoo wrote: »
    Jon Snow is a pussy. He's so pretty though :pac:

Leave Jon alone he is amazing! and have you heard the rumour about him
    people say he is really the son of lyanna stark and reagar tygarayn (excuse the spellings) and we know when lyanna died she made ned stark promise something on her deathbed and people believe it to be look after jon, Martin has never confirmed this but its a very popular theory to who his mother is

Theres like 6 books. How is there still a rumour about who he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

She seemed "ahem" pleased with his performance.

where did you learn to kiss a lady down there?
    Are you embarrassed Jon Snow? :pac:

Jon a Targaryan? (I cannot spell anything to do with this show!!) say it ain't so :eek:

• Advertisement

Martin has never fully developed who jons mother is and if you google it there is loads of theories, plus he is still writing books, i think he expects there to be like two more at least

Spoilers there peek.

my bad! I forget :O

I don't think Jon is in the 4th one

The 4th one and the 5th one are like 2 massive books that both happen at the same time. Half the characters stories in one and the rest in the other one.

The Jon's mother thing is only a theory. Ned Stark told Robert that his mother was some 'low born' woman..but he could have been lying.

I bet Jon is like half dragon, half white walker and will unite the 7 kingdoms by wooing all the women.

• Advertisement

And them him and Sam will rule the kingdom forever more and have 14 wives and 34 bastard children.

I really want jon to sit on the throne, him or arya, sansa is a bit too whiny for my liking

Real spoilers for Season 4 that doesn't involve half dragons and homosexuality within the Night's Watch are available here :cool:

But he'll eventually loose it all becuse like always

Jon Snow knows nothing.

And feck off Nim. I assume youve read them.

I really want jon to sit on the throne, him or arya, sansa is a bit too whiny for my liking

what about
    arya's friend the smith lad who I cant remember his name? Isn't he technically the heir? I'd love if he did and Arya was queen aww

what about
    arya's friend the smith lad who I cant remember his name? Isn't he technically the heir? I'd love if he did and Arya was queen aww

Gendry
    Technically, Robert's older brother should be King since Gendry isn't a rightful heir. But then again it Robert never inherited it, he won the crown through a revolution so his brother was never even royal until Robert crowned himself

what about

Totally forgot about him, but that would be so cute! except he's a lot older and i cant imagine arya ever wearing a dress to be queen :P

Gendry was robbed by that Fire Priestess. #JusticeforGendry

Fire bitch ain't nothin but a heur!

I ship Arya and Gendry forever <3

Yea but she got dat ass tho'.

I still want Stannis Baratheon to be king because Baratheon is an awesome house name.

• Advertisement

Yea but she got dat ass tho'.

Tut tut tut

Is that all you think about Andy? :pac:

Pimp always gotta have his mind on the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Can you get an age card a few days before your actually 18 or do you have to be 18? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yeah the costs associated with incarcerating is high and I think the prisons are full already but...

It's not a valid excuse like :confused: It's true but you can't say 'Oh I didn't jail the rapist because it would cost too much'. Many rapists have walked away or be asked to 'pay a fine of €15,000 to the victim'.
    I'm not a great believer in the ability of our current prison system to rehabilitate anyone tbh, but some people just deserve to be locked up for the good of society.

And yes, that "financial compensation" crap for rape / sexual assault is just obscene tbh.
    Is anybody else horrified when they hear FF are most popular.

How short are our citizens memories?
    Yes, and quite short, though I think the polls at the moment will often reflect a higher support for FF than an actual election would, simply as a way of telling the govt. that it needs to do better.

The Anglo tapes in the Indo will have genuinely helped FF somewhat though as it's pretty obvious that Anglo lied through their teeth to the Central Bank and to Lenihan, something many of us strongly suspected, but now there's proof. FF made many more feck-ups though that can't be explained by that.

Though in all honesty I'm not all that sure that the present lot would have been that much better if they had been in power. They weren't though, so they get off the hook to an extent.

We really have a poor choice, as Nim pointed out.
    decisions wrote: »
    Nope, but SF being 2nd largest party really worries me.
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    If it comes to it..I'd vote for FG or Labour before voting for FF or the Shinners. None of that tiny left wing no-hopers.

And I'm not really happy with the two I'm left with either.
    Kinda with you both there.

Though I'd love to see a decent left-ish but not extremist party with actual integrity emerge. Labour should be holding that ground, but they're not really.

Sorry to drag the convo back .... GoT speculation re-commence! :p

(thank you all for remembering to use spoilers ;) )

Though I'd love to see a decent left-ish but not extremist party with actual integrity emerge. Labour should be holding that ground, but they're not really.

I'd love to see that as well but I'd be very surprised if any new leaders come out of this saga, except maybe Declan Ganley but god help us all if it's him :eek:

Yeah I love the idea of social democracy..Feck it, it's brilliant(free accessible services, welfare state, capitalism minus it's lurid side and no completely free market) but it's not something that can be implemented over a couple of years but more importantly not something that can be implemented when we're broke as hell.

Labour should be a centre left party and I do think they can be centre left but going into government in 2011 didn't do them any favours. But without a majority government, FG can't lead a government effectively during probably the most desperate stage in the State's history since the Emergency. So someone had to go into a coalition..and like junior coalition partners always do, they will pay dearly for that next year and in 2016.

Sorry to drag it up..again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Free train wifi really is the business, I don't think our internet is this fast at home.

The busses arnt really up to scratch though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The busses arnt really up to scratch though.

It's a start.

Aye tis better than nothing.

• Advertisement

Can you get an age card a few days before your actually 18 or do you have to be 18? :confused:

nope! I'm 18 on Wednesday and I wanted to apply earlier to have it for the debs in 2 weeks but you have to be 18 :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement