Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

"I'm a savage for bacon and cabbage"
    "No better buchaill"

I'd nearly buy the whole lot if I had the money haha

I reckon they would pull some women on a night out ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

:(

I still haven't got through my 14 pairs of shorts yet!

Woo Ulster final! Don't know what's up with Donegal here at all!

I wish I had 14 pairs :( Havnt worn pants in like 3 weeks and I have like no shorts and im a super sweaty person and omg life is hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

deise_girl wrote: »
    I wish I had 14 pairs :( Havnt worn pants in like 3 weeks and I have like no shorts and im a super sweaty person and omg life is hard

I'm not looking forward to having to wear full length trousers again. It's been about 2 and a half weeks since I wore anything that was longer than midway to my knee and it's always a really weird feeling to wear anything longer than that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

It's not even that warm!

Was 30 degrees here Friday and Saturday. You can't not call that 'warm'

• Advertisement

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Was 30 degrees here Friday and Saturday. You can't not call that 'warm'

Im just back from holidays and it was at least 35' every day, that was warm but even then it was manageable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

decisions wrote: »
    It's not even that warm!

In fairness, it's just after cooling down today and Dublin was relatively less hotter than the midlands and the West.

Highest recorded temperature was something like 32° C on Friday somewhere. The humidity was 70-85% for the past 2 weeks :eek: It's not the heat that's bad, it's the humidity.

Still..hot, but not that hot tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I love cold weather and the beaming sun but it's the inbetween-y weather I hate.

If you compare it to our typical Irish summers its like we're living on the sun! Haha

But yeah, it's the humidity that kills me. But Friday and Saturday it was just hot.

It is hot by Irish standards, it's a heat wave and now technically it's drought conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

For a people that have adapted to rain an wind where 15 is warm and a good day 30 is positivly lethal. We arnt built for this.

• Advertisement

So I assume this is bad for farmers? Do they need some rain?

And +1 on that bluejay

Donegal :pac:

What the hell happened to them?

As far as farming goes it pratically hasnt stopped raining for a year and a half so this is wonderful for growth. In the hour it was mist needed too

decisions wrote: »
    So I assume this is bad for farmers? Do they need some rain?

It's not bad for farmers yet, the sunshine is good for them now but if there's no water then they're screwed. Water levels everywhere were getting low, water restrictions will start this week if it doesn't rain.

But it's predicted to rain tonight, tomorrow and most of next week so it should be alright.

+1 on the rainy, cloudy and depressing ****e in between good summers and winters

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to adapt to the water falling out of the sky thing again. It's going to get fierce depressing.

Donegal 4 scores and 10 wides :eek:

Some farmers are struggling, grass is burning, no growth, already having to start feeding bales that were made earlier in the year which could lead to another fodder crisis in the winter also some are feeding meal which is driving up costs. Other farmers are needing this big time and is suiting there land. We have fields that are fairly high up and there seems to be a heavy due or something so there is good grass cover up there, and our low lyeing fields are being burnt from the sun and little or no growth. Other places with heavy ground needed this weather badly and id say tillage farmers couldnt be happier with the weather atm. but I think every one agrees its a hell of alot better than last year.

Its good for the north but bad for the south I suppose. Our fields hold more water than a sponge. And we get lower temperatures. Our highest was 28-29 but rarely 30

And Donegal are playing awfully bad. Cavan and Monaghan came down to a late point by Monaghan. .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ahh lads one of the single most annoying things Ive heard these weeks is "You shouldnt be complaining about the weather" Ehhh excuse me but why not? Why should I have to listen to everyone else whinge and moan about it bring freezing when its clearly not unbearably cold out but when I say im too hot be attacked? I dont get this whole its too cold business either. A couple of games I went to in March this year I wore 6 layers and 2 pairs of gloves, not ideal but then I wasnt cold and neither should anyone else have been if they followed suit. Now if im uncomfortably hot in my shorts and vest top wheres the opportinities to peel my skin off in attempt to cool down?
    Sorry for the rant but urghhhh this is really pissing me off the last few days, like it was already said 16 degrees is plenty hot for me and I havnt much interest on it being hotter than that

5ba9de6c3fba3cf50f6535fa5d90cac1.png

Poor bastard, not even a single post on him before he got banned :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm not complaining about the heat at all, nor do I complain about the cold, what annoys me is when the weather doesn't match the seasons. Like this year it was the middle of April and there was snow falling. I like the weather to match the seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Ah shure be grand. Just put it all back with a bitta gaffa tape and superglue, he'll be fine :cool:

"Insert dick weeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" probably the best line I've heard in a long time :pac:

deise_girl wrote: »
    Now if im uncomfortably hot in my shorts and vest top wheres the opportinities

I still count a layer.

But seriously I dont complain about the cold and the heat unless I have reason.
    The cold dosent bother me really since its colder up here and the heat is too rare to complain about.

I don't get what is there to complain about the weather. Yeah it rains alot in Ireland but you should be used to it if you're born here. Foreigners don't apply to this. Hot weather is something everyone should enjoy. Every summer, people cry for a nice holiday in the sun in Spain, France or Italy where the temperatures are 30-plus everyday except in Northern France. Those countries are hotter than Ireland and people pay money to go over there for a bit of sun. Be glad, you've saved a nice bundle of cash.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Foreigners don't apply to this.

Cheers :cool:

Feckin hate it when it rains all day. I mean I won't mind if it rains tomorrow cos it's been lovely for all of July but them ****ty months when it's just slowly raining all day for weeks. And when it's not raining, it's just gloomy..hate muddy grass and wet pavements and clouds, fecking hate them too :mad:

And so on..

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I love rain. :o I love being inside my room when it's pouring outside.

i can understand not liking the heat, but how can you love rain :pac: it can make going places a hassle and its so gloomy :P

Its not so great when its prolonged and you need to go out in it

I do however like the sound of heavy rain.

I don't get what is there to complain about the weather. Yeah it rains alot in Ireland but you should be used to it if you're born here. Foreigners don't apply to this. Hot weather is something everyone should enjoy. Every summer, people cry for a nice holiday in the sun in Spain, France or Italy where the temperatures are 30-plus everyday except in Northern France. Those countries are hotter than Ireland and people pay money to go over there for a bit of sun. Be glad, you've saved a nice bundle of cash.

Farmers have every right to complain bout the weather because their lively
    Hood depends on it

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Farmers have every right to complain bout the weather because their lively
    Hood depends on it

I understand that but at least cheer up! Sun is certainly better than rain all year!

• Advertisement

I understand that but at least cheer up! Sun is certainly better than rain all year!

Too right! I'm not complaining about the heat! And I think everyone will agree that this summer is alot better than last summers weather

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement