Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I love how you start off by saying you loose things like student cards and end up at basically saying they wont get an education.

Otherwise, it would sound too stark :eek:

Did I get that Irish thing right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Ease into the fact that its either pay or GTFO

Yes you did Nim. Have a pint of Guinness on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I love how you start off by saying you loose things like student cards and end up at basically saying they wont get an education.
    Well, I basically listed the ramifications in terms of the chronological order in which someone would experience them depending on how long the issue goes on. :p

They all derive from the basic problem that someone won't be fully registered with fees outstanding, all the rest stem from this and are inter-connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Anyone know how much money a student can earn and still be able to apply to Susi for the grant? I can't seem to find anything about it, only limits for parents incomes. A link would be appreciated too if possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Anyone know how much money a student can earn and still be able to apply to Susi for the grant? I can't seem to find anything about it, only limits for parents incomes. A link would be appreciated too if possible!

well my sister works full time for the summer and every Saturday and Sundays around Christmas and she gets it, if that helps!

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »

Its somewhere around 3000 euro if im not mostaken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Do all documents etc have to be sent before the first aswell or is it just the application? :confused: why is it so hard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Sister just told me its 3 weeks and one day till results.( that's only 22 days :eek: )

It's strange the way me sister seems to be counting down the days, yet I havnt even thought about it once haha

Its almost been a week since my debs :eek:

Time is flying.

Tis almost a week till my debs :D and less than a week till my driving test aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Debs this day 2 weeks

God was mine the first in the country or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

God was mine the first in the country or something.

And mines the last in the country on 22nd of August

Someone has their in November if I recall correctly

Someone has their in November if I recall correctly

Oh well then my school's normal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

lol my debs is tomorrow. I'm excited.

You should be. Its so much craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    And mines the last in the country on 22nd of August

That's the earliest any of the schools around here are having there's! :pac: most are the first two weeks of September! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Anyone else around here chosen not to go to the debs? :L I know it's probably unheard of, but me and a few others in my year honestly aren't that bothered about it :P

Still looking forward to getting the results though, definitely gonna do something that night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

curly135 wrote: »
    Anyone else around here chosen not to go to the debs? :L I know it's probably unheard of, but me and a few others in my year honestly aren't that bothered about it :P

Still looking forward to getting the results though, definitely gonna do something that night :)
    I think you have already decided not to go but i would really advise you not to miss the debs! Its an amazing night to mark finishing secondary school , you might think you are not bothered but you will miss out and you could easily regret not going when you look back. I know it can be expensive but do it on the cheap and just go , i don't see why you wouldn't :)

• Advertisement

You really should go to it. It's probably the last time you will every see your friends or classmates unless you have a reunion planned but either way, you're missing out on a massive night of fun, craic and nostalgia

I'm just home from my driving lesson which went very well but the highlight of it was when my instructor asked me to stop at the shop, he got out, bought two 99's and said to me, "mate, in the essence of our society and as farmers, it is our duty to learn how to drive whilst eating a 99 without any problems." Note taken, so I took the 99 he bought for me and we went off.

Man, I love him :pac:

Its over 10 hours of non stop craic. Not even results night will beat that.
    Might I ask why yer not bothered?

**** yes football training has finally started back up.

I wasn't goin to bother either, but the amount of people that told me that the debs was the best session that they ever went to made me change my mind. Any way i know I would be wondering always what it was like if I didn't go so. You regret the things you don't do more than the things you do. :P

I wasnt going to go but I'm for Cavan and wasting the ticket that cost that much is heresy

I wasnt going to go but I'm for Cavan and wasting the ticket that cost that much is heresy

Did you go on your own or bring a partner?

http://www.joe.ie/motors/motors-news/pic-aussie-bloke-arrested-for-driving-a-car-with-no-steering-wheel/

Haha brilliant :pac:

My own but it really dosent mater once ya get there.

And hahahaha he was driving with a pair on vice grips. What a legend.
    4837696-3x2-700x467.jpg

My own but it really dosent mater once ya get there.

And hahahaha he was driving with a pair on vice grips. What a legend.
    4837696-3x2-700x467.jpg

Goin on me own meself.

Vice grips are one of the best inventions of all time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just bought San Andreas on the Xbox Arcade. Night sorted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm so close to pulling out of the debs at this stage, organising it has completely ruined it for me, I'm getting abusive phone calls and everything over the prices (65??) and our choice of leaving town for the afterparty...i just don't even wanna go anymore :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement