Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Am I the only one on here that just knows the very basics of computers. And when I say basics I mean basic uses :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Ye actually might aswell be talking Japanese for the amount I understand of what ye are sayin atm haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I'd make a guess at cpu bottlenecking. Tis an old game so how many cores does it use out of your six? Still that clock speed should handle it.

3 out of 6 show some activity. Nothing in the others. The load is 9% so it wouldn't be that. Memory seems fine too using 2gb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Considering I'm going for Computer Science I'd say I have more than a passing interest.

And have you tried my above suggestion?

Did you try turning it off and turning it on again?? :P :D

• Advertisement

Considering I'm going for Computer Science I'd say I have more than a passing interest.

And have you tried my above suggestion?

It was originally at 4 but I dialed it down to 1. Not any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Did you try turning it off and turning it on again?? :P :D

My mother swears by giving the computer/radio/anything electrical a good smack, seems to cure everything.

But I also suspect it to be the source of many of the problems :P

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It was originally at 4 but I dialed it down to 1. Not any better.

This is going to be of them bitchy little unique problems.

Whats your OS?

Ah well, guess I'll have to stick with the Xbox version. Now to try Cities XL

*cough* Try running in compatibility for XP *cough*

• Advertisement

This is going to be of them bitchy little unique problems.

Whats your OS?

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.

NIm I told you to feck off.

Have you tried XP compatibility mode?

And Cities XL sucks.

NIm I told you to feck off.

Have you tried XP compatibility mode?

And Cities XL sucks.

Yeah and it's not any better. Would've expected to work alright since it's the OS from the time it was released.

I'm only trying it out Corvo. Can't hurt to try things

Have you tried uninstall, do a registry clean with ccleaner and reinstall?

And you should have went with SimCity. This will hurt.

I really have no patience with them. Probably have just as little patience with people haha but I can take all the time in the world when it comes to animals. I have an unbelievable amount of patience when it comes to handling livestock. And being patient with them and not getting frustrated is the whole key to managing cattle properly. Other wise your at nothing

Cities XL is shíte.

I really have no patience with them. Probably have just as little patience with people haha but I can take all the time in the world when it comes to animals. I have an unbelievable amount of patience when it comes to handling livestock. And being patient with them and not getting frustrated is the whole key to managing cattle properly. Other wise your at nothing

Jesus that was the most subtle change from talking about computers to managing cattle I've ever seen :eek:

Tell me something intresting bout farming Dan.

That's clearly what you want to talk about :P

Have you tried uninstall, do a registry clean with ccleaner and reinstall?

And you should have went with SimCity. This will hurt.

Yeah, uninstalled it, cleaned the registry, defragged the hard drive and ccleaner too. Reinstalled it and there is no difference.

I have SimCity 4 Deluxe. Really good but I got bored of having updated mods for it so I moved onto XL. 5 is supposed to be alright but most seem to prefer XL.

I can take all the time in the world when it comes to animals. I have an unbelievable amount of patience when it comes to handling livestock. And being patient with them and not getting frustrated is the whole key to managing cattle properly. Other wise your at nothing

So many jokes about your mom/picking up bad looking chicks/girlfriend with them few lines.

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    Tell me something intresting bout farming Dan.

That's clearly what you want to talk about :P

Farmer born,
    Farmer bred,
    Good on the farm,
    Better in bed! ;)

There was more people killed by being trampled by cows than there has been people killed by sharks, just saw that on fb there now haha
    So many jokes about your mom/picking up bad looking chicks/girlfriend with them few lines.

Gwan give us an owl laugh there :pac:

Babe, you don't need to be telling me how good you are in the sack. I already know ;) luv ya ;);)

Brilliant I can transition easy.

I'm not surprised when you see how some carry on. People think that after a few years on a farm the animals would never touch them. Or people who dont have a farm that get too close to bulls/ newly calved cows.

Course the running of the bulls in spain puts that statistic well up.

Gwan give us an owl laugh there :pac:

Well the easy one is " So thats how you got with *insert girlfriend here*"
    or " its no wonder you and your mam are so close then"
    or "so how patient were ya with yon wan in the club last night"

My attitude to horses, cows and large animals in general is they are bigger than me, so I'm saying well back. I'm not afraid, I just don't know how one is supposed to deal with them and I value my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Jesus that was the most subtle change from talking about computers to managing cattle I've ever seen :eek:
    He's a master at it! ;)

My attitude to horses, cows and large animals in general is they are bigger than me, so I'm saying well back.

Its a good idea. They do get friendly but a bull dosent and some newly calved cows will kill you for looking twice at their young.

We have one that actually bites. Its kinda funny but she'd break yer arm if she got ya.

Babe, you don't need to be telling me how good you are in the sack. I already know ;) luv ya ;);)

Luvz yous 2 bbz xoxo.

Think ill try that little rhyme on the next night out and see if it works ;)

Luvz yous 2 bbz xoxo.

But thats not keeping in line with your "patience" tactic.

• Advertisement

Luvz yous 2 bbz xoxo.

Gud luk hun xoxo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement