Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I have my plan all done out for when I get my results!
    First Im going to scan the grades and see that there isnt an E/F/NG(And if not I will cry and scream a bit) then Im going to have a little calculator to add up my points(And if Im happy Ill cry and scream some more!) then finally Ill actually look at what I got in each individual subject :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I will probably be too afraid to look at the results

And if its like the JC we're given ours by a role so we have to sit in a big hall and walk up to get them. The wait will be awful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

decisions wrote: »
    Theoretical physics & Maths NUIM, it was 505 ( + H B1 in Maths) last year, I'd take Science at 415 last year but I'm not sure I even got that.

That's pretty much what I want next year :pac: Except in Trinity or UCD

I might look into Physics with Astronomy too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I thought the number of points you got was on the bottom no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I thought the number of points you got was on the bottom no?

Nope, just grades and you have to calculate the points you got yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I've heard of schools putting post it notes with your points on it in the envelopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Waiting for your name to be called will be complete torture :eek: wonder if many teachers show up

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Wait do your teachers see your grades before you?? O:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Lads ye have it easy! In our school the you wait to go into either the principals or vice-principals office, there they make a bot of small talk, ask you want you want to do, thank you for going to the school etc and then they give you your results, while they know them already!

Its a sealed government letter is it not? I would assume they arnt allowed tamper with them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

And I got a laugh out of my oral examiner.

Was that a good laugh or a "your terrible at Irish" laugh :pac:

Mine started talking to me about milking cows and I hadn't a clue what he was saying, so he started pretending to milk an imaginary cow by hand :cool:

That a bit much, in our school you walk into reception and there are 3 tables. Two with the results, given out by principal and vice and another table with tea, biscuits and Kleenex maned by the guidance teachers. You just turn up whenever and que for a few min.

Our envelopes also have our references in them.

I'm actually so nervous about my results..
    At the end of the day, once I get my course I'll be happy. At the start of 5th year I was aiming for at least 580 but due to circumstances that happened during the exams themselves I wasn't in the right headspace so I will settle with my course :P

I don't care what I get once I get the course I want

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Was that a good laugh or a "your terrible at Irish" laugh :pac:

Mine started talking to me about milking cows and I hadn't a clue what he was saying, so he started pretending to milk an imaginary cow by hand :cool:
    Nah I cracked a proper joke. She asked what position I play and I say usually the sideline. Ba Dum Tiss.

In the mock I was asked does my dad be up early these mornings to check the cattle since it calving season. Hadnt a notion what calving was in Irish.

In the real thing I was asked why do I use facebook if I already see my friends in school and why would I play rugby since its such a dangerous sport and do I find it dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Lads ye have it easy! In our school the you wait to go into either the principals or vice-principals office, there they make a bot of small talk, ask you want you want to do, thank you for going to the school etc and then they give you your results, while they know them already!

That's the way it is in my school too as far as I know. Well it used to be that way with the old principal anyway.

Declan kidney was just after being sacked as Irish coach so I got asked something on that which I think I actually answered and it was like the day before the Munster clermont Heineken cup
    Semi final so he asked me had Munster a chance.

The first time I saw the straith pictuir that I got was in the exam. I had never even seen it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I brought up golf so we had a bit of a chat on the US open and the world rankings :pac:

I saw what i got btw :P

Jade. wrote: »
    That's the way it is in my school too as far as I know. Well it used to be that way with the old principal anyway.

We have a new principal and vice principal since Xmas. I don't know what way it's goin to be done or even what way they used to do it.

Either way there's goin to be one hell of a session :D

My principal is leaving with us this year

• Advertisement

My principal is leaving with us this year

The one that we had till Xmas was on some news slot on that rte 2 children's news. Think he was the longest serving secondary school principal in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

SO I was just walking uptown to collect my heels for the debs. There's this psycho old lady who lives in my estate and she's on the footpath with a pillow and blanket beside the "no ball playing" sign protesting against kids kicking around a ball :pac:

In previous years she has chained herself to the local goalposts to stop soccer being played in the grass :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Sounds like eh.... A lovely place to live :P

peekachoo wrote: »
    SO I was just walking uptown to collect my heels for the debs. There's this psycho old lady who lives in my estate and she's on the footpath with a pillow and blanket beside the "no ball playing" sign protesting against kids kicking around a ball :pac:

In previous years she has chained herself to the local goalposts to stop soccer being played in the grass :P
    That is one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

Ask her to supply you with whatever shes taking and have a real party at the debs

Its times like this that remind me I'm moving away in a month and I feel sick with excitement. :P

Does she have a reason to hate sport?

Does she have a reason to hate sport?
    nope I'm pretty sure she just thinks those hooligan kids are gonna break a window or something :cool:

There was this aul one on my road and she used to hate us climbing the trees infront of her house. So one day she got her son to put some fake birds in the tree to scare us off :confused: who is afraid of plastic birds? When we saw them some of the older crowd decided to take them all down and line them up along her window ledge facing into her living room :P (I think I have a pic of it somewhere)

She never gave out to us after that :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah well. Here we have a town drunk and an old man that cycles everywhere. And I'm talking miles. Everyday. He must be in his 80.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement