Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

There are no old people in my estate haha :pac:

Mostly people in their 20s or families with kids under 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    There are no old people in my estate haha :pac:

Mostly people in their 20s or families with kids under 15

My estate was full of old people when I was growing up, it's changing a bit now id say the majority are still over 65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I wonder how accurate are all these passing comments that we hear about how we will have done much better in the exams than we think? I think when you know it didn't go good, you just know.
    Right up to the Biology exam I was expecting ~580 points. Now, 535 is what i'm estimating.

When you bombed in an exam, you know. Sometimes you can do better than you expected but generally, for me anyway if I thought I failed then I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

decisions wrote: »
    When you bombed in an exam, you know.

Of course you know!! It would be all over the news and the Gardaí would be looking for you.

And Id say they are pretty accurate depending on your level of work since its a standard marking system based on a bell curve where it does reward hard workers.

• Advertisement

Of course you know!! It would be all over the news and the Gardaí would be looking for you.

Damn you quoting that before I edited it!

My estate was full of old people when I was growing up, it's changing a bit now id say the majority are still over 65.

Yeah I've seen places like that, they're mostly in the inner city though. I used to live on a street that was full of old people. The estate I live in now is fairly new so most of the people bought there are still young.

Every single soul living around my school is either in the cemetery or should be in the cemetery..

God watching Vsauce on youtube is fascinating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

we're kinda the same here but less privileged, its all old people that are dying and then being replaced by druggies.

peekachoo wrote: »
    we're kinda the same here but less privileged, its all old people that are dying and then being replaced by druggies.

I have plenty of druggies around the corner from me, my little estate is like an island of non scumbags, but we're totally surrounded by them.

• Advertisement

Anybody here skimboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Its a sealed government letter is it not? I would assume they arnt allowed tamper with them at all.
    AFAIK, they come in one sealed envelope, but it's up to the school then to sort them individually to give to students. I think there may be an overall record sheet for the school to keep as well. If spurious is around some day, ask her, she explained it before; I've never been involved in that side of things.

God randy are ya good for anything around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nah, I'm nearly as useless as you! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

AFAIK, they come in one sealed envelope, but it's up to the school then to sort them individually to give to students. I think there may be an overall record sheet for the school to keep as well. If spurious is around some day, ask her, she explained it before; I've never been involved in that side of things.

After they got them in the morning , my school put our names on our own envelope to hand them out. One of my teachers asked me what i got, she said oh i only get a sheet which says ex 5 A's , 6 b's ..etc with the exam numbers beside them but she doesn't know our exam number , i think just the principal/who ever is sorting the results will look up exam numbers to match your name :)

Ouch :P

So what your saying is...

... I'm useful enough to be a mod

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

peekachoo wrote: »
    SO I was just walking uptown to collect my heels for the debs. There's this psycho old lady who lives in my estate and she's on the footpath with a pillow and blanket beside the "no ball playing" sign protesting against kids kicking around a ball :pac:

In previous years she has chained herself to the local goalposts to stop soccer being played in the grass :P

The advantages of living in the middle of the country :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Does anyone know if we will see CJ in GTA V? I'd be delighted to know if he is

Unlikely if they keep in line with IV which basically a new universe. However I have no doubt that there will be countless refeences to SA.

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we will see CJ in GTA V? I'd be delighted to know if he is

They might make a brief appearance of one of the previous protagonists or a main character. Like Salvatore Leone was in III, SA and LCS. But the chances of CJ appearing are low.

I have plenty of druggies around the corner from me, my little estate is like an island of non scumbags, but we're totally surrounded by them.

Kind of sounds like my estate to be honest :P
    Except two years ago a drug dealer lived in one of the houses and he got raided by police. Doors smashed down and everything. The housewives were gossiping for weeks :P

Except two years ago a drug dealer lived in one of the houses and he got raided by police. Doors smashed down and everything.

Gotta love the Northside :pac:

Mine is pretty much scumbag free too but lots of them come into my estate cos it's quiet

Unlikely if they keep in line with IV which basically a new universe. However I have no doubt that there will be countless refeences to SA.

Well if you think about, Grove Street is still there as in it will be in V so maybe an appearance but no missions or anything. It's possible right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I see ye really took this place to a whole new level while I disappeared for a day........

I see ye really took this place to a whole new level while I disappeared for a day........

The night is young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Is it me or is this thread staying in the five thousand posts :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The night is young.

So was last night at one stage.

Is it me or is this thread staying in the five thousand posts :confused:

It's at 5729 now. Must be a temporary glitch on your end unless you're on your mobile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It's at 5729 now. Must be a temporary glitch on your end unless you're on your mobile?

Oops I meant is it always seems to be five thousand and something .. Taking forever to move to the 6000 mark :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement