Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

They seem to switched to westerlies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Get yourself some colours fool

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

decisions wrote: »
    You run Linux? If not play around with that for a bit.

Spent ages trying to install Linux on my current laptop

Damn you Windows 8 with your Secure Boot :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm currently running Vista *shudder* Im going to have another stab at Linux next week. I had it running fine for a bit, and then I picked up a load of viruses from something I downloaded. And the only disk I could find afterwards was vista to get it going again.

I got a Raspberry Pi and for the life of me I cant find where I left the power cable :(

• Advertisement

I'm currently running Vista *shudder* Im going to have another stab at Linux next week. I had it running fine for a bit, and then I picked up a load of viruses from something I downloaded. And the only disk I could find afterwards was vista to get it going again.

I wouldn't use Vista again even if my life depended on it..

God that thing pissed me off so much. I had a laptop with the worst set up for it too. 'twas a notebook from 2007 running Vista, had 1GB RAM and the early Intel mobile graphics.

Horrible times they were :( I just ditched it for my XP desktop
    I got a Raspberry Pi and for the life of me I cant find where I left the power cable :(

I'd love a Raspberry Pi :D Looks like so much fun. How much did you get it for?

I got an Android Mini PC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

A what?

My Godfather got it for me for 25£

And its a tiny computer that runs Linux thats going to be used to teach programming in schools. And to me if i can fainf the Fúcking cable :mad:

And we had Vista before we got 7 on the family computer. 1GB of RAM.

I just... nobody warned... WHY WAS IT SO RESOURCE HEAVY

*Breaks down and sobs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Play GTA of course

Preferably San Andreas.

I want it so bad, 4 just isn't the same :(

The one thing I really loved about 4 that they further improved in RDR is the reaction to getting hit by a bullet.

Kneecap a guy in RDR and he cant walk. He'll kneel up and fire til he dies of blood loss. Hit in the shoulder and you can see them get knocked back a bit

• Advertisement

Should I kill him or walk away? The game has given me the choice.

The guy on the roof?

Yeah, the drug dealer you have to go after for officer mcreary. I kneecapped him on both knees then headshot. Then I saw a fast car down on the road and didn't realise how high up I was and jumped and died :rolleyes:

Had to restart the mission but this time I took him out with a rifle with out having to kill anyone else :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    I think corvo must be havin conversations with himself he has such a high post count :pac:
    You saying he's a chaturbator? :cool:
    Here now what exactly does the government cover when it comes to college fees?
    jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    And what are the Tuition Fees that are displayed on the Grants page? I know Student Contribution is registration fees payable by everyone. That can be covered by the grants right?
    Under normal circumstances, students are only liable for the Student Contribution Fee and any Student Levy / similar (the latter is usually quite small, and is a contribution towards sports / recreational facilities, etc.)

If you're on a grant, that will cover the Student Contribution Fee, but not any levy.

Full tuition fees are applicable to non-EU students, to those who have changed course and are repeating First Year, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I never owned GTA :o

I'll play Homer and you play kent brockman

Under normal circumstances, students are only liable for the Student Contribution Fee and any Student Levy / similar (the latter is usually quite small, and is a contribution towards sports / recreational facilities, etc.)

If you're on a grant, that will cover the Student Contribution Fee, but not any levy.

Full tuition fees are applicable to non-EU students, to those who have changed course and are repeating First Year, etc.

Okay, if I were to get mechanical engineering in DIT but I wanted to do it in UL so I changed courses in 2nd year. Would I still have to pay tuition fees even though it's my first time in college?

Full tuition fees are applicable to non-EU students
    :(

Anyone else read carburettor? No? :o

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

If you have received education in the state for the last 4/5 years, you're eligible for the Free Fees Scheme.

Nim how long have you been in Ireland?

Have you citizenship?

Do you speak the english?

• Advertisement

Nim how long have you been in Ireland?

Have you citizenship?

Do you speak the english?

Nah I'm covered, maybe..7 years? I was naturalised but my brother had to wait a year cos he couldn't afford to pay €28k+ over 4 years.

Yes I speak the English :pac:

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Okay, if I were to get mechanical engineering in DIT but I wanted to do it in UL so I changed courses in 2nd year. Would I still have to pay tuition fees even though it's my first time in college?
    Basically, the state will pay for you to do each year once: First Year once, Second Year once, etc., regardless of which college.

If you transfer colleges during your course, and end up repeating a year, you will pay full fees for that year. If you transfer, say, after first year to the same / a similar course in a different college, but continue into second year in the new college / don't have to repeat a year, there won't be a problem.
    It's not just down to where you were born, Nim, I think; if you can figure out this, fair play to you, because it always confuses the hell outta me. Best advice would be to contact the Fees Office in the college you're going to tbh.

Whats it like to have a job in college? Is it hard?

I'm 2 fúcking grand over the bloody grant limit :mad:

Whats it like to have a job in college? Is it hard?
    Any more than with LC, if you are disciplined, you will manage a few part-time hours without too much bother.

These days, getting the job is probably the hardest bit!

How well do farms around Galway City pay :pac:

Um, I think they're more likely to charge you tbh.

Especially the sheep farms! :pac:

How well do farms around Galway City pay :pac:

5 spuds a day :pac:

5 spuds a day :pac:

Thats 5 more than I get now. Sold.

That I'll feed me for a month.

You said it, not me :pac:

:O
    well tbh IV was the first one I owned cos first they wouldn't sell it to me in the shop cos I was too young. Then I finally convinced me mother to get it for me but the shop person talked her out of letting me get it, so I ended up just getting loans of the games off of friends fairly regularly

• Advertisement

I never owned IV

Started playing GTA when I was 10ish, I think Vice City Stories was my first one. Then bought Liberty City Stories, San Andreas, Vice City and III.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement