Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

There was an incidence in my local village where a group of fellas played a massive hoax on everyone by leaving a pile of clothes, shoes and a suicide note on the pier where everyone was jumping off in the sun. Someone found it and prompted every boat in the lough looking for the body with the Coast Guard helicopter rerouted from its training mission and was running low of fuel. Lifeboats from Kilkeel in the north and Drogheda were called in. Guards called over and interviewed every single person that was on the pier. Nevertheless the ones who called the prank will be held accountable and I hope they will learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

At least they were caught.

Most knackers seem to forget the perquisite of a joke is that its funny.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

decisions wrote: »
    They often seem to do it so they can then hurl abuse at them.

http://www.nationalsecurity.ie/index.php/emergency-services-came-under-attack/

That was a genuine call too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

What abuse can you hurl at a member of the emergency services?

I dunno, but I've seen it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

decisions wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people would point lasers at planes :confused:
    And the same can be said for prank calls to the emergency services. Why? Whats so funny?
    Or why some young pri ... prat would post a virus-infected link on this forum!

Unfortunately, some people seem to grow up with no realisation of, nor indeed care about, the effect their actions have upon others.

It's often the way they're brought up imho. Sometimes because they get SFA care or love at all in the process, and no sense of right vs. wrong is instilled; sometimes it's the exact opposite, and there's an over-abundance of love and attention, and they're spoilt rotten, and sub-consciously believe that the world / other people are just there for their convenience, and there's equally no sense of responsibility or conscience or right vs. wrong, because at base they believe that whatever suits them at any given moment IS right, and they have no responsibility or care for anyone else! :(

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

Yeh I heard about that. There was a story from a while ago about some scum starting a fire to get the fire brigade out so they could throw stone and bottles at them :mad::mad:

The virus was bad but its not going to cost a life.

Force then to sit in an ambulance for a night and let them see what they are risking.

My God they attacked the people trying to save their friend? Maybe his death will show them.

Force then to sit in an ambulance for a night and let them see what they are risking.

My God they attacked the people trying to save their friend? Maybe his death will show them.

It probably won't tbh, I wouldn't be too surprised if they blame them for the death.

Oh, I know, Corvo. I was simply saying that I don't understand the mentality of people who do things like that, or what the hell they get out of it. For example, while I obviously don't condone theft, one can at least see what the offender gets out of it.

As I say, I think a lot of young people these days are brought up without a sense of right or wrong, or a sense of how their actions affect others ... and it's not always youngsters from the notorious areas!

I see the other side of the virus. Those things take work. That one was small time and you get no visible results apart from a bit of panic but the bigger ones are fascinating to see how they can autonomously infect other systems to give you control over a massive network.

Of course I'd only use my power for good if I could do that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Dragon Ball movie on rte :D

Its not the cartoon though. That **** was the bomb.

And yea would it not have been even better to post in the 5th year OT

Any news on what happened Randy, they said the guards would be involved which personally I feel was BS.
    Not yet, but I hope they did; a good fright now might save him from a hell of a lot worse later in life.

And believe me, they do take stuff like that very seriously on this site; far more so than on most sites. Even with simple things ... you have no idea of the effort put in to keep this site spam free, coz most of it is caught and hammered before users even notice.

The site founders had very strong philosophies on certain things, especially that kinda stuff, and those philosophies to a great extent still survive.

I'd imagine his parents would be notified of it and they could put in measures to prevent it happening in future.

Depends on the nature of the virus as well. If it was collecting private info like credit card info then he's in trouble but I doubt it was that.

I think the shock of guards knocking on his door should be enough to scare him out of repeating it. Some people do not understand that actions have consequences.

Depends on the nature of the virus as well. If it was collecting private info like credit card info then he's in trouble but I doubt it was that.
    Does anyone know what it was?

Probably some malignant trojan that trys to destroy your system. And done a poor job.

HA he can really be scared b the Gardaí then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Do they teach you intercourse in Intercourse, Pennsylvania? :rolleyes:

How is it over in the States now?

Ahhhh yes those Amish and Mennonites had their wicked way with me ;)

As for the states it was warmer than Ireland but less sunny up until now today was cold. :(

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »

As for the states it was warmer than Ireland but less sunny up until now today was cold. :(

Ohh kinky m'lady :p

Are you just in Pennsylvania or are you travelling around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

It wasn't a virus, it was a trojan. He had control of people's boards account so I'd imagine he could have had access to card details as well. He probably could have looked at people through their webcam.

Would I know if any of that happened to my account/laptop? :confused: I tried downloading except I have norton and it warned me except i went ahead with it :( .. till i realised i didnt need it anymore cause i think it was like a guide to studying

943451_o.gif

Thats... Thats eh... certainly a way to make a come back to the thread.

Certainly no innuendo there.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Ohh kinky m'lady :p

Are you just in Pennsylvania or are you travelling around?

I'm in NY but I spent a few days in Amish country :D back on Tuesday me thinks

943451_o.gif

Thats... Thats eh... certainly a way to make a come back to the thread.

Certainly no innuendo there.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em :D:D:D

I'm fairly sure beatin' them is the same as joining them.

Oh yes. Right back on form.
    177-64.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm fairly sure beatin' them is the same as joining them.

I had a think about running with that line..

It was too vague

I have to get back on form. Its been too long/

I'm fairly sure beatin' them is the same as joining

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RAEJlZMvOzU

• Advertisement

Excellent philosophy! ;)

This discussion has been closed.