Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

misstb wrote: »
    so just looking for some advice thought ye'd know more than I would. Thoughts on the hanly centre in terms of being a volunteer? :/ need a job!!

Is this some way related to what you'd like to do career wise? What would you be required to do while volunteering? One of my sisters is a social worker in Dublin and deals with addiction cases and says the work is very hard going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Anybody here watching Top Gear tonight? Thought it was brilliant especially that Caravaning race to the campsite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Anybody here watching Top Gear tonight? Thought it was brilliant especially that Caravaning race to the campsite

The caravaning was good. They were funny with out trying to hard to be funny which is where they went wrong last series I think

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah ****e, I missed it!

Sounds good..Was Steven Tyler the guest?

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Ah ****e, I missed it!

If he's the singer with Aerosmith then yes

• Advertisement

Ah ****e, I missed it!

Yeah he was but he was terrible. I found him so boring as a guest in general.

Yeah I just watched half of it there, he was boring :pac:

+ He downshifted straight from 4th to 1st and broke the car :eek:

Sesto Elemento :D I was hoping they'd drive that even though it's a limited edition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Why would he downshift 3 gears directly???

3rd was a bollocks of a gear to find when learning how to drive. One time I was driving a friends field car when we were in 2nd year, 'twas a micra completely stripped out,no windows or bootlid, and only half an exhaust so 'twas wicked loud, was goin flat out down there lane in 4th probably about 5000 rpm (must have been 70mph) and was coming to the end so went hard on the brakes, went to put it into 3rd and went into first thought the valves were goin to go flying through the bonnet. Only for rev limiter I'd say the engine would have blown! :rolleyes:

Also a lad I know that used to do hot rod racing tool the rev limiter off the car and said he could get 90mph in second. Don't ask me how the engine survived. 'twas a punto I think

I used to go driving in my mates car. Then he hit the gates of the scrap yard he bought it off. ****ed up the front of the car and took the reinforced gate clean off.

That put an end to that.

• Advertisement

Same lad had a ka for a field car a few years ago. Another lad was driving it and crashed into a fence post and the rad basically fell out of the front of the car, the fence post never broke some how. If it was anyone else they would have went mad at your man for crashing. His reaction was "JAYSUS THAT'S SOME STRONG STEAK!!!" Haha

Yeah he was but he was terrible. I found him so boring as a guest in general.

Imo, Rowan Atkinson and Brian Johnson were the 2 best guests they ever had on the show, that I saw anyway

I have no idea

I mean I can understand trying to go from 4th to 5th and accidentally slotting it into 3rd but 4th to 1st?

I have no idea

I mean I can understand trying to go from 4th to 5th and accidentally slotting it into 3rd but 4th to 1st?

Basically the same thing if he was goin down the gears, as 3rd is between 5th and 1st. Probably slowing down went to go for 3rd and found first instead. Easy happen especially when he wasn't a great driver.

Anyways ill talk ta ye at some stage tomorrow, have the driving test in the morning so I need me sleep!

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Beside my bed at the moment is my sleeping six month old baby..
    Jesus you're hardcore.

Awww dude no :(

Not cool :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

One tree hill has honestly taken over my life! :pac: it's amazing! :P

What did she expect. Thats what the whole convo was about.

What did she expect. Thats what the whole convo was about.

True..

It's gone so off topic

Has it? Thanks to me we're still on the topic of what you use for self defence. I deserve a medal.

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Imo, Rowan Atkinson and Brian Johnson were the 2 best guests they ever had on the show, that I saw anyway

Rowan Atkinson was hilarious but I didn't find Brian quite amusing. Have to rewatch all of Top Gear's episodes.

Best challenges they've done is either cross the Channel with their amphibious cars or the Botswana crossing. Hamster's love for Oliver :p

• Advertisement

Best challenges they've done is either cross the Channel with their amphibious cars or the Botswana crossing. Hamster's love for Oliver :p

I can't really choose :pac: I liked most of them
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    They were funny with out trying to hard to be funny which is where they went wrong last series I think

The two part Africa Special was brilliant :eek:

Ahahaha chatting on another forum this was the advice I got for learning how to manage time when I go to Uni
    Sharpe wrote: »
    Play arrogance and all shall become clear.
    OXBQcPa.gif

I can't really choose :pac: I liked most of them

The two part Africa Special was brilliant :eek:

The one where they find the source of the Nile? I wasn't really impressed with that one to be honest. Same for the India Special. Botswana, South Africa, Mid-East and both American specials are the best there. Eastern Europe in super cars was okayish, nothing exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Anyone ever play Brother in Arms? Most annoying shooter ever :eek:

The one where they find the source of the Nile? I wasn't really impressed with that one to be honest. Same for the India Special. Botswana, South Africa, Mid-East and both American specials are the best there. Eastern Europe in super cars was okayish, nothing exciting.

Yeah the Nile one. I laughed so much when Jeremy ties like the trunk of a tree to the back of his car to stop it from rolling back a hill and it was all going well until it hit off a rock and smashed his rear window :D

I didn't like the India special either, except the bit with those banners :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Anyone ever play Brother in Arms? Most annoying shooter ever :eek:

Which one? I loved Hells Highway

Which one? I loved Hells Highway

the one itself!
    I keep dying at the end of chapter 6 and if I have to replay it once more :|:|:|

the one itself!
    I keep dying at the end of chapter 6 and if I have to replay it once more :|:|:|

Just as thought. Women cant play war games. Go back to My Little Pony.

That mission is feckin sweet. When he gets seperated from the squad. thats the part I hate.

Say it to my face! :P

• Advertisement

Say it to my face! :P

I. DONT. THINK. YOU. ARE. HARDCORE. ENOUGH.

1v1 me. Right now. I'll own u n00b.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement