Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Prodigious wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest some good chick flicks please?

3pq2aa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Haven't a notion, any suggestions?

The notebook..not really a chick flick but the womens seem to love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

We watched that in school for some reason. One of the most boring movies I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Show her the cost of borrowing from AIB for a student loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Imma download 5 or 6 then she can pick... Hot Rod should do the job though? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Now we wait for Jade to say that one of them is her sister.

I am highly insulted that you would assiosiate me with those eejits. :eek:

Jade. wrote: »
    I am highly insulted that you would assiosiate me with those eejits. :eek:

Jade! You're a beour! What's your favourite movie?

*sly dig at peekachoo

You're gaaaaaaaargeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

*sly dig at peekachoo

Is this a serious question? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

*sly dig at peekachoo

scuse me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

decisions wrote: »
    Underground wasn't half bad either, but I'm not really a fan of most wanted. It has too much story crap and not enough racing.

Whoa, which Most Wanted are you on about? The 2012 version (which was actually a renamed Burnout game) is the best one ever, in my opinion :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Was about to book my driving test and I saw that it was €85 for it. Fúck it's not cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Was about to book my driving test and I saw that it was €85 for it. Fúck it's not cheap!

How long is the waiting list for the driving test in your area? I should really book mine soon!

Mugatuu wrote: »
    How long is the waiting list for the driving test in your area? I should really book mine soon!

I don't know. I didn't book it as I thought it would be €50 max. My mate booked his in late April, early May and got a date for mid-August.

Jade. wrote: »
    Is this a serious question? :pac:

Yep :P

Looking through the RSA.ie website and the pass rates are shocking :eek: I was expecting it to be in the 70/80s but it's lower than that. Highest pass rate is 69% from Sligo. Worse is 43% in Raheny in Dublin. I'm in the 50/50 zone.

EDIT: Then saying, there's 50% males and 50% females. Chances are, men are good drivers :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Looking through the RSA.ie website and the pass rates are shocking :eek: I was expecting it to be in the 70/80s but it's lower than that. Highest pass rate is 69% from Sligo. Worse is 43% in Raheny in Dublin. I'm in the 50/50 zone.

EDIT: Then saying, there's 50% males and 50% females. Chances are, men are good drivers :cool:

Almost impossible for a young person to pass the driving test in Dublin, they test EVERYTHING. Look at all the Dublin stats, 3 test centres in Dublin has a 43% rate and the other 45%. One of my mam's co workers failed 3 times in Finglas..so she went to Athlone and passed it :rolleyes:

A non Dub trying to drive in Dublin in the funniest thing ever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Almost impossible for a young person to pass the driving test in Dublin, they test EVERYTHING. Look at all the Dublin stats, 3 test centres in Dublin has a 43% rate and the other 45%. One of my mam's co workers failed 3 times in Finglas..so she went to Athlone and passed it :rolleyes:

A non Dub trying to drive in Dublin in the funniest thing ever..

I think I'd end having a meltdown trying to drive in Dublin! Getting caught in the 6pm traffic in Waterford is bad but I wouldn't even like to think what the 6pm Dublin traffic is like

Try Paris lads. It's fúcking mental! Even on the country roads. Them fúckers don't see the road markings at all. They are the most arrogant drivers my dad has ever come across and he's driven in every continent bar China as they don't allow foreigners to drive on their roads. He's done New York (piss-easy he says), London, Madrid, Berlin, Sydney, Perth, Abu Dhabi and Tokyo. I'd imagine India would be the worst place to drive with a 1billion people on the move everyday in that country.

Dublin is nothing compared to my local village where foreigners (I mean people who don't live in my area) are forever driving in the opposite direction on one-way streets. Last week, a lorry came down a slip road which is one way and the engine just failed on him. Clogged up the entire village as it was one of the two exits in that village!

France has 17 lane roundabouts with no markings.

Maybe they are just excellent.

• Advertisement

I booked my test the 15may and sat the test yesterday, might have been quicker if I hadn't put meself down as unavailable during the leaving, or if I had applied for a cancelation.

It's really not cheap. €80 for the test and then after ya pass its €55 for the liscence itself :eek:

Another €55? Jesus, licenses aren't made of gold are they? :eek:

Try Paris lads. It's fúcking mental! Even on the country roads. Them fúckers don't see the road markings at all. They are the most arrogant drivers my dad has ever come across and he's driven in every continent bar China as they don't allow foreigners to drive on their roads. He's done New York (piss-easy he says), London, Madrid, Berlin, Sydney, Perth, Abu Dhabi and Tokyo. I'd imagine India would be the worst place to drive with a 1billion people on the move everyday in that country.

Dublin is nothing compared to my local village where foreigners (I mean people who don't live in my area) are forever driving in the opposite direction on one-way streets. Last week, a lorry came down a slip road which is one way and the engine just failed on him. Clogged up the entire village as it was one of the two exits in that village!

Drivers in Paris seem to think road markings are street art. I've even seen videos of motorcyclists just casually driving on the sidewalk :confused:

Oh imagine if we actually let lorries into Dublin :D The whole ****ing East coast won't move.. 5 axles + are not allowed in the city from 7:00 to 19:00, they can go in and out of the port through the Port Tunnel though. And when they are allowed in they have to go through designated main roads. ****ing hell or else Dublin would be a long term car park.

Another €55? Jesus, licenses aren't made of gold are they? :eek:

There the new credit card style ones.

I was reading a poster about them when waiting for me test yesterday an I think it said something about a microchip in them?

Drivers in Paris seem to think road markings are street art. I've even seen videos of motorcyclists just casually driving on the sidewalk :confused:

Oh imagine if we actually let lorries into Dublin :D The whole ****ing East coast won't move.. 5 axles + are not allowed in the city from 7:00 to 19:00, they can go in and out of the port through the Port Tunnel though. And when they are allowed in they have to go through designated main roads. ****ing hell or else Dublin would be a long term car park.

I knew that was it. Was in Dublin a few weeks ago and I noticed a massive lack of lorries in the city centre. I remember seeing a photo somewhere in China of a traffic jam that lasted over 3 days on I think it was 20km of motorway into Beijing. Could be wrong on the length of it but it was mental looking at it!

Honestly, what is the need for lorries to go through the city centre when the port tunnel is there for you. What's the connection like between North Wicklow and the Port? I assume they can go through Dun Laoghaire?

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    There the new credit card style ones.

I was reading a poster about them when waiting for me test yesterday an I think it said something about a microchip in them?

Yeah I have one for my learner's permit. Very sleek alright but quite a lot of time goes into it to produce one. I waited 9 weeks for my leaner's permit to come. A friend of mine waited for 12 weeks for his!

The microchip is supposedly to be used to log any penalty points, accidents and incidents regarding the driver on a database. A garda can just take the card, slot it through those card machines and enter the info. Suppose it does reduce the time spent on reports and reduces the paper wastage.

I knew that was it. Was in Dublin a few weeks ago and I noticed a massive lack of lorries in the city centre. I remember seeing a photo somewhere in China of a traffic jam that lasted over 3 days on I think it was 20km of motorway into Beijing. Could be wrong on the length of it but it was mental looking at it!

Honestly, what is the need for lorries to go through the city centre when the port tunnel is there for you. What's the connection like between North Wicklow and the Port? I assume they can go through Dun Laoghaire?
    I don't know about that one but the one in 2010 lasted 10 days and stretched out over 100km.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_National_Highway_110_traffic_jam

trafficjam.jpg

Well there's no tunnel on the Southside and they're not allowed on the inner city roads during the day so I think they'd have to go North through the tunnel, get on the M50 at Santry and then go South around Dublin, twice the normal distance.

ebc88b35ad18319258b9f1d459edd107.png

That's the traffic jam I was on about. Couldn't remember the info about it.

Ouch that's a bit of driving to do for them!

I'm guessing you live in Kindlestown Upper ? :pac:

I'm guessing you live in Kindlestown Upper ? :pac:

Hell no :eek:

That's just North Wicklow
    What's the connection like between North Wicklow and the Port?

• Advertisement

Hell no :eek:

That's just North Wicklow

Sure Nimmy :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement