Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

decisions wrote: »
    I'm going to school still drunk from the night before.

If I did that and it did bad in one of the subjects and my teacher for that subject was there, they would be subject to alot of abuse. So I think ill go in sober get the results and the. Session on!

Really don't feel like goin :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Really don't feel like goin :/

Hungover or just wrecked?

Or just not in the mood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

My legs hurt :(

Blessing of the graves at 12. Nooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

My legs hurt :(

Why?

Not in the mood and twill be my first trainin this season so I'm kinda dreading it haha

Don't plan on goin drinkin before results.....

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    Why?

Think he said last night he played his first full match in a long time

The speedy ***** that were on me wouldnt keep their position so I ended up sprinting everywhere

The speedy ***** that were on me wouldnt keep their position so I ended up sprinting everywhere

I hate those fèckers, rugby has the advantage of not having to mark a specific man. Don't play any gaa anymore just watch it is all

Ah I still love to play it but we had no subs and they had 10 on the bench

My speed/ build is alot more suited to rugby, used to play full back in the hurling and full forward in football. I'm a skinny and tall prop in rugby (only skinny by prop standards haaha), really not fast enough on the feet for the gaa so I used to get frustrated and just never went back after the first year u16. I'm much more suited to the rugby but its hard to bate the owl gaa

They need to bring out bigger weights to that trainin in future, I know 'twas only u18 but jaysus just having to carry two 15kg weights for 30 secs is child's play. When I training with the firsts last summer we had to carry two 25kg weights for 45secs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I know the feeling Dan, when I play rugby for the local club and I play second row which was grand cause all our team is quite small and thin, until we went to trials and i was the size of the other forwards arms. Was getting flung every which way around the place :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Arent you like not meant to encourage lifting weights and shizz for minors coz your bodys still growing and developing(and all that ****) and its not good for it to be doing really strenuous weight work? Only saying this coz theres a Waterford hurler who was amazeballs underage and theyre saying now he put too much emphasis on that when he was younger and nows hes after forming top heavy and has no pace anymore or something.

This could all be totez irrelevant, like Im just saying stuff now that I think is right

There is a reason friends dont let friends skip leg day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

It's true Deise. We have to school gym at our school and it was available to 3rd years, 5th and 6th years. 3rd were forbidden to lift anything above 15kg on all weight machines. 5th years were restricted to 30kgs max and for 6th years it was free-for-all. The supervisor said it's harmful to young athletes who are still growing and it can affect their posture, agility and stamina.

The difference is between the sports you need pace more in hurling than ya do in rugby, you need upper body strength in rugby alot more than gaa, they had weights there for the smaller lads and I was the same age as some of them last year and I was doin alot heavier stuff than that. But then again I was training with the seniors then

It all does need to be planned out properly by a proper trainer. The fella that was trainin us last year with the firsts, it's his job he's a fitness trainer, trains Stephen hunt pre-season and all. And he's married to my cousin haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

BCbxYQfCUAALl1r.jpg:large

The first score. Cmon the lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got sick at hurling training :(

In order to get to 10000 posts by results night in 10 days, we need to post 250 times per day assuming we want to max it on the day before so we can get OT3 opened by then. Let the games begin lesbians, bondage lovers, farmers, grease-lovers, aeronautic folks and floor lovers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Cavan Cavan Cavan :(

• Advertisement

Got sick at hurling training :(

Where ya hungover ?

Or just do a **** load of running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    and floor lovers :pac:

thanks for the shout out x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Where ya hungover ?

Or just do a **** load of running?

loads of running, haven't been on the beer in ages. Debs is Tuesday however ;)

Why do they let tv3 do coverage for the gaa? :/

peekachoo wrote: »
    thanks for the shout out x

Ani tym hunni ;)

loads of running, haven't been on the beer in ages. Debs is Tuesday however ;)

I only ever got sick at training once, pre season last year with the firsts, had to do alot of running before trainin cos the cows got out with the neighbors cows, then went and literally sprinted for 2 hours and wasn't even out of breath, never did so much running or ran so well in me life then we went and start pushing weights around on sleighs for the last 10mins and just got sick everywhere 'twas feckin horrible

In order to get to 10000 posts by results night in 10 days, we need to post 250 times per day assuming we want to max it on the day before so we can get OT3 opened by then. Let the games begin lesbians, bondage lovers, farmers, grease-lovers, aeronautic folks and floor lovers :pac:

250 posts a day is very do-able especially on a Sunday cos no one really does anything on a sunday

250 posts a day is very do-able especially on a Sunday cos no one really does anything on a sunday

Perhaps we can do 300 today?

Fúck this shít

Why do we insist on kicking when our hand passing is whats doing us justice.

• Advertisement

Perhaps we can do 300 today?

Let's go for it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement