Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I wouldn't call mine and Corvos conversation here nonsense.

You will never fully understand how unbelievable it feels to deliver a fine healthy calf, until you have done it. It is the greatest feeling you will ever feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Shït just got interesting. :D
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    You will never fully understand how unbelievable it feels to deliver a fine healthy calf, until you have done it. It is the greatest feeling you will ever feel

I have the actual ability to birth a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Clearly you missed the part where I helped a cow give birth today.

OK, at least you have a life :P

peekachoo wrote: »

Aye but can ya deliver a live, healthy limousine bull calf at 1am on a cold, wet winters night?

Thought not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

And men will never get that :P

Dan will never get that, delivering a calf is as close as he will get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Our method removes the tears and violence. But hi just give us a call and we'll be there with the jack to help along.

Aye but can ya deliver a live, healthy limousine bull calf at 1am on a cold, wet winters night?

Thought not

the only thing I'd want to do at 1AM on a cold, wet winters night is be in bed drinking hot chocolate. :P

yeah, and the iodine ta spray the naval :P

yeah well i dont envy havin to carry someone else around inside me for 9 months haha

Trust me no farmer hops out of bed at 1 in a good mood but its better than a dead animal.

the only thing I'd want to do at 1AM on a cold, wet winters night is be in bed drinking hot chocolate. :P

This :)

• Advertisement

yeah well after ya get the calf sucking, ya can come in, have a shower, nice mug of tea by the fire then off ta bed. it might be hardship but by jaysus is it a good feeling! :)

I literally can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm debating this.

Men :rolleyes:

Some of it isnt so good though.

I literally can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm debating this.

Men :rolleyes:

:pac:

Trust me no farmer hops out of bed at 1 in a good mood but its better than a dead animal.

aye, dont go to bed if its only 1am, sometimes its 3/4/5 and then up at 7 the next morning.

if ya get a live animal its worth it though
    Some of it isnt so good though.

if ya lose an animal. its one of the most depressing things but shur ya gain some, ya lose some. thats just the way it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

if ya lose an animal. its one of the most depressing things but shur ya gain some, ya lose some. thats just the way it goes

I get it, you're a farmer, you probably talk like one. Do you really have to spell like one too?

What got ya there Prodge. The use of shur?

Shur tis only a bit of slang :pac:

i wrote like that in me english exam haha

Slap a set of quotes around it and it would fly but apart from that your playing a risky game there.

probably did put a few quotes on it haha. i hated english so much it was unbeleivable

• Advertisement

probably did put a few quotes on it haha. i hated english so much it was unbeleivable

Unbelaveable so it was, boss.

I liked paper one but the mindless learning off of notes in Paper 2 was awful.

the use of the word boss is only for the 'travelling salesmen' haha
    I liked paper one but the mindless learning off of notes in Paper 2 was awful.

i hated every bit of it.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Unbelaveable so it was, boss.

ye're both wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Sorry I was absent from this for 2 days. Busy yesterday in town getting my suit and shoes sorted. Managed to get the whole lot for £210 or about €250. Includes shirt, tie, shoes, trousers and jacket. Really impressed with what I paid for and the quality of the suit is good!
    Today, I was called down to the yard to help out with the drive shaft of the combine. It snapped last night out in the field and my papa had another 10 acres to draw before the rain tomorrow so we were in a hurry but managed to get it fixed and going by lunch so I just sat in the yard drinking tea before taking the mapro out to tidy up the sheds. Two most productive days I've had all summer and I feel good at the fact that I've done something worth while :P

Yay for productivity\o/

productive enough day today meself, cleared out and swept down the pit for the wholecrop and plastic rolled out, ready now for whenever the contractor comes. probably first thing in the mornin.

hopefully have the pit covered before the hurling starts!

productive enough day today meself, cleared out and swept down the pit for the wholecrop and plastic rolled out, ready now for whenever the contractor comes. probably first thing in the mornin.

hopefully have the pit covered before the hurling starts!

What do the plastic lines in the fields do?

• Advertisement

i knew ya loved the aul farmin talk! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement