Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

You smoke a pipe? Me too! What kind you got? I have a briar...smoking some nice cherry infused tobacco at the moment

Ah awesome!! I have a really nice Peterson briar, sort of half bent military mount except it has one of those P-Lip mouthpieces so it is a little hard to hold in the mouth but smokes very well. Then I have a couple cheap Dr Grabow briars I got from America, only about 20 euro each and a corncob. My favourite tobacco at the moment is probably this chocolate/coffee flavoured blend I ordered in from the states off this website called 4noggins. Check it out makes the selection we have here look like crap. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Haha I love the way they get a 5th year to be the tea bitch, whenever our one comes in everyone looks up and starts laughing at him

in the boys school in our town, last year one of the guys fell flat on his face and sent the tea flying everywhere in the hall :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

peekachoo wrote: »
    in the boys school in our town, last year one of the guys fell flat on his face and sent the tea flying everywhere in the hall :pac:

Poor bastard... Can imagine this in the hall:

c9X6n.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

andrew369 wrote: »
    Ah awesome!! I have a really nice Peterson briar, sort of half bent military mount except it has one of those P-Lip mouthpieces so it is a little hard to hold in the mouth but smokes very well. Then I have a couple cheap Dr Grabow briars I got from America, only about 20 euro each and a corncob. My favourite tobacco at the moment is probably this chocolate/coffee flavoured blend I ordered in from the states off this website called 4noggins. Check it out makes the selection we have here look like crap. :D

Nice one, how long you been smoking pipe? Been goin about 2 years myself...Yeah the pipe tobacco here is seriously expensive - I was over in Spain last year and you could buy a big pouch of the stuff for 1.50€!

Prodigious wrote: »
    Poor bastard... Can imagine this in the hall:

just the guy in the middle I think :D

• Advertisement

just the guy in the middle I think :D

:D

And the examiner:

f6due.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Haha I love the way they get a 5th year to be the tea bitch, whenever our one comes in everyone looks up and starts laughing at him

Ive had that job, you shouldnt be laughing, the money they get for the amount of work they do is AMAZEBALLS!

Nice one, how long you been smoking pipe? Been goin about 2 years myself...Yeah the pipe tobacco here is seriously expensive - I was over in Spain last year and you could buy a big pouch of the stuff for 1.50€!

I started around last August when I turned 18 so nearly a year now. I just think they are really cool regardless of the some of the odd looks :P lot of the writers I admire smoked pipes so trying to channel some power lol. Yeah tobacco is taxed insanely here, it is a fair bit cheaper of the site I am using but they are changing regulations in the US so will be going up in price by next year. Probably still cheaper than here though. Bloody hell 1.50? Was it good, can't imagine pipe tobacco that cheap being very high quality :eek:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Ive had that job, you shouldnt be laughing, the money they get for the amount of work they do is AMAZEBALLS! very good.

I was gonna thank your post but you said that word... :P

I did it last year too and myself and my friend were stationed beside each other, so we brought in our laptops, hooked them up and played Minecraft and Ghost sniper via LAN, and also some skyrim :cool: Those were the days :')

I was gonna thank your post but you said that word... :P

I did it last year too and myself and my friend were stationed beside each other, so we brought in our laptops, hooked them up and played Minecraft and Ghost sniper via LAN, and also some skyrim :cool: Those were the days :')

Whats wrong with........that word?

• Advertisement

Whats wrong with........that word?

*shudder* ... Everything :P

Yeah they're nice if you need to go out and ponder the mysteries of the universe, I haven't smoked mine in a while - might fire that baby up on Thursday when I'm finished! And yeah 1.50 - haha you're right not the best tobacco but you're not gonna argue at those prices!

Prodge you gonna get Elderscrolls online?

Yeah they're nice if you need to go out and ponder the mysteries of the universe, I haven't smoked mine in a while - might fire that baby up on Thursday when I'm finished! And yeah 1.50 - haha you're right not the best tobacco but you're not gonna argue at those prices!

Lol yeah as long as it tastes good. And we don't inhale a pipe so don't need to worry about the extra carcinogens cigarette smokers would get from bad quality tobacco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

The tea is brought in and since im right next to the door the supervisor brings it across my desk.

I have shat myself every single exam when the tea comes.

Lol yeah as long as it tastes good. And we don't inhale a pipe so don't need to worry about the extra carcinogens cigarette smokers would get from bad quality tobacco.

lol yeah...except for the mouth and jaw cancer of course :D

lol yeah...except for the mouth and jaw cancer of course :D

Shhh they don't exist, would need to be puffing all day for that much, only the odd pipe is fine. :D

Shhh they don't exist, would need to be puffing all day for that much, only the odd pipe is fine. :D

Too true, great conversation piece on a night out too, and it smells great and repels insects if you're outside - just the all purpose smoking apparatus:P

Prodge you gonna get Elderscrolls online?

Definitely :cool: Gonna be unreal!

Definitely :cool: Gonna be unreal!

Yeah can't wait, although I'm a bit disappointed you can only play in 3rd person, see I'm primarily a console player and only use computer for RTS games so I'd prefer if they could make it just like Oblivion or Skyrim but online :P

• Advertisement

Too true, great conversation piece on a night out too, and it smells great and repels insects if you're outside - just the all purpose smoking apparatus:P

Guys smoking cigarettes is obviously better for the environment, how else n re the birds going to keep parasites away from their nests! :rolleyes:

Anybody know the specs required for ESO?

Yeah can't wait, although I'm a bit disappointed you can only play in 3rd person, see I'm primarily a console player and only use computer for RTS games so I'd prefer if they could make it just like Oblivion or Skyrim but online :P

Me too.. Pity but sure we can't have it all :P

Guys smoking cigarettes is obviously better for the environment, how else n re the birds going to keep parasites away from their nests! :rolleyes:

tumblr_ma7m4vesnz1rdiecno1_400.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

AndyMc wrote: »
    Anybody know the specs required for ESO?

Unconfirmed as of yet I think

But you should be able to play on all relatively new computers and even some older ones(past 5 years). Obviously on a lower graphic setting for older ones.

What are your specs?

Its pretty rough. I have a GTX 460 and an AMD dual core processor at I think 2.3GHz

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

AndyMc wrote: »
    Its pretty rough. I have a GTX 460 and an AMD dual core processor at I think 2.3GHz

You should be okay. When is that from 2011/2012?

They really want the game to appeal to as many players as possible so the minimum specs required should be fairly modest, while still having better graphics for more powerful PCs.

Some day i'll duplicate TotalBiscuts rig. And I'll play all the games without fear.

The computer is from about 07/08 but I slapped a card in it last year so I could actually play something.

Any of ye get The Last of Us?
    Dem grafix. :cool:

• Advertisement

Any of ye get The Last of Us?
    Dem grafix. :cool:

Yeah I'll deffo be getting me somma that! You play xbox don't you? What'd you think of their whole E3 failure? (Wooo Playstation :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement