Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Not by choice... >.> But yeah.:pac:

Hahahaha, we'll call it domestic issues :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

We're all done at last so now we can aaaall be happy :D I have badly missed this whole freedom business <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Slightly asthmatic me should not do 50 minute ling brisk walks.........I can feel the bottom part of my lungs tightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Finally learned how to properly tie a tie. This **** looks tight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

AndyMc wrote: »
    Finally learned how to properly tie a tie. This **** looks tight.

AFTER you finished school? :p

Did you not have to wear a tie in school, no?

• Advertisement

In primary. They were officially taken out of the secondary. Some story.

Bunch of lads were messing and they decided to pull up a lads tie and it began choking him and he couldnt get it down. One lad ran for a teacher and ran into the art teacher Mr Lynch. They arrive on the scene and the guy is still choking.

Mr Lynch pulls out a pen knife and cuts it off. Only teacher in the school with a pen knife. Probably saved that guy. Ties were banned and Mr Lynch carries the penknife in his pocket to this day.

In primary. They were officially taken out of the secondary. Some story.

Bunch of lads were messing and they decided to pull up a lads tie and it began choking him and he couldnt get it down. One lad ran for a teacher and ran into the art teacher Mr Lynch. They arrive on the scene and the guy is still choking.

Mr Lynch pulls out a pen knife and cuts it off. Only teacher in the school with a pen knife. Probably saved that guy. Ties were banned and Mr Lynch carries the penknife in his pocket to this day.

Oh that is some story :eek: If you tie it properly, it's easy to get off :) My school had them from like 1st class onwards to 6th year but after years of complaining, last year they said seniors don't have to wear a tie and they changed the V neck jumper to a round neck.

It's gay, the ties looked much better. I still wear mine though cos I have the V neck jumper from TY.

Yea but the kind of lads that would pull a stunt like that probably dont but on their ties properly. I remember it being a pain in primary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Our school just never had ties! :pac:

Plebeian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Our secondary school didn't have ties, but in national school we had the ties with the elastic and sometimes we'd pull them back and make them hit the person in the face. Good times.

We had elastic for younger years and proper ones for like 4th class up. Then people got sick of tying them and began using their old ones until they were stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Similar story in my school. Mr Murphy, the history teacher, was caught doing the deed with the chemistry teacher in the closet adjacent to the principal's office. He put his tie on the door knob as an indication to his colleagues that he was not to be disturbed. A group of transition years opened the door anyway and there was uproar! Ties have been oddly blamed for encouraging this type of activity and they have been banned since! When Mr. Murphy was caught at it again with a leaving cert, it was widely acknowledged that it was he and not the tie that was the common denominator! Anyway ties haven't been reintroduced since!

We could buy elastic ones in primary but nobody ever bought them, I had one but I never used it

Some people tie it in September and just loosen it a little bit and take it off then keep wearing it like that all year haha

I blame the parents.

I blame the parents.

I blame the recession

Well somebody has to..

Its that new fangled rap music. Turning them all into gangbangers and pimps.

I decided to go against my conscience and get plastered tomorrow night.

where does one watch tv shows online for free without downloading stuff?

Are we allow say?

• Advertisement

Just Googling the show and episode will come up with results where one can watch it. Sometimes even YouTube

I don't suggest you do it cos that would be illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Just WATCH the SERIES on tv .IT is against Sherlocks law to post links.

decisions wrote: »
    Just WATCH the SERIES on tv .IT is against Sherlocks law to post links.

the **** are you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

FINIIIIIIIIIITOOOOOOOOOOOO what have i missed?

LCS is going to do hard time in Mountjoy for watching TV shows online.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

So much time to start watching tv shows that I couldn't start watching all year, first on the list: Homeland!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

the **** are you talking about

-_-

Game of Thrones is my first pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Game of Thrones is my first pick.

I've all 3 series watched of that since I finished exams last Friday, they're online, easy to find but I definitely didn't watch them online because that is bad

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Wow, I know I did poorly and probably will have to repeat, but I barely think about that and am just sooo happy this fecking thing is over!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement