Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Rigamortus wrote: »
    dafuq

He heard prophecies in the White album by the Beatles too, thought the Helter Skelter was going to be a mass social cleansing.....At least he had good music taste though. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

That is a tough question.. but the Perks soundtrack is definitely up there .. Garden state soundtrack is amazing though . one of them two

I've so much respect for Zach Braff after Garden State,also,that's how I found out about the Shins.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I thought she did a very good job :D

There's this new movie called Bling Ring coiming out. It is essentially a chick flick as far as I can see but her accent is even better in it.

The main lad did fantastic though.. don't wanna spoil anything lol

Totally delivered in the scene when he rang his sister

andrew369 wrote: »
    He heard prophecies in the White album by the Beatles too, thought the Helter Skelter was going to be a mass social cleansing.....At least he had good music taste though. :P

At least that mass murderer loved good music haha

I've so much respect for Zach Braff after Garden State,also,that's how I found out about the Shins.

Zach braff seems like one of the most genuine people ever.. would love to play a game of chess with him some day..

The Shins <3

are you supporting his new film?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The main lad did fantastic though.. don't wanna spoil anything lol

Totally delivered in the scene when he rang his sister

Yeah he did really well too. Actually he's done a lot of movies before.
    At least that mass murderer loved good music haha

Counts for something :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

What're you reading ATM?
    About a third of the way through "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I read The Kite Runner a few months ago and loved it (although some of it was......disturbing to put it into words) but this just isn't grabbing me in the same way. I'm sick of reading about some war or another set in Afghanistan.

Yeah he did really well too. Actually he's done a lot of movies before.

i've never heard of him.. but goddamn he did a fantastic performance. that final speech he had at the end gave me goosebumps

Anyone else get bombarded with messages from universities last couple days? Maynooth university day and UCD virtual open day coming up now, hope they help since I don't know which of the 2 to go for. lol

Anyone else get bombarded with messages from universities last couple days? Maynooth university day and UCD virtual open day coming up now, hope they help since I don't know which of the 2 to go for. lol

****ing UCD ads keep playing on spotify.. really pissing me off

• Advertisement

About a third of the way through "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I read The Kite Runner a few months ago and loved it (although some of it was......disturbing to put it into words) but this just isn't grabbing me in the same way. I'm sick of reading about some war or another set in Afghanistan.

I usually don't have the patience to read novels and the idea of spending hours reading a story when I know it's just a story is somewhat confusing for me :P Like now I'm reading a science book called "A Brief History of Time" by Hawking. But I have really gotten into some novels though.

I spend most of my time reading about things online, be it current events or encyclopaedias.

I think I got something like 4 emails from Maynooth in the space of about 3 hours. I also got stuff in the post from Carlow IT (even though I don't remember applying there for anything, but seemingly I did), UCD and NUIM.

I still need to actually have a proper going over of my CAO before the deadline. When I originally filled it out I had decided on NUIM but now I think I've converted to TCD. I do not handle decisions well, in any way, shape or form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I keep getting 'Dear valued NUI Maynooth applicant' on different email addresses to the one I registered for the cao with :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Maynooth and UCD choice here as well. Comp Science/Comp Thinking by any chance? :pac:

Since we're talking about school related emails,do any of you guys get bombarded with emails from mocks.ie?

I think I got something like 4 emails from Maynooth in the space of about 3 hours. I also got stuff in the post from Carlow IT (even though I don't remember applying there for anything, but seemingly I did), UCD and NUIM.

I still need to actually have a proper going over of my CAO before the deadline. When I originally filled it out I had decided on NUIM but now I think I've converted to TCD. I do not handle decisions well, in any way, shape or form.

Same for me I keep flipping between NUIM and UCD, have TCD down as well but I got no where near enough points for it probably. :/

And if you guys are looking for something different to read could try some of Albert Camus' novels, amazing writer.

Since we're talking about school related emails,do any of you guys get bombarded with emails from mocks.ie?

YES

MAKE IT GO AWAY

I usually don't have the patience to read novels and the idea of spending hours reading a story when I know it's just a story is somewhat confusing for me :P Like now I'm reading a science book called "A Brief History of Time" by Hawking. But I have really gotten into some novels though.

I spend most of my time reading about things online, be it current events or encyclopaedias.
    It depends on the novel really. Like with some of them you just get so drawn into the whole plot and the characters and just the whole "experience" of it. Others then, not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Maynooth and UCD choice here as well. Comp Science/Comp Thinking by any chance? :pac:

Comp Thinking looks brilliant, but I'm probably not going to get the points. Realistically I'm probably looking at Science.

I have TCD and DCU down too, but I'd prefer NUIM.

All that's in my CAO is Computer science.. in nuig, dcu, dit , maynooth and limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

decisions wrote: »
    Comp Thinking looks brilliant, but I'm probably not going to get the points. Realistically I'm probably looking at Science.

I have TCD and DCU down too, but I'd prefer NUIM.
    I like the course, but not the University. It just feels about as sophisticated as a primary school. Also, they seem to just be experimenting on students with Comp. Thinking. I don't like the idea of being part of a course with no current graduates and no proven track record. Course content and the exclusivity are attractive though. If either of TCD/UCD offered it, I'd probably jump at it. It doesn't help that I'll be away for the CAO deadline probably.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

YES

MAKE IT GO AWAY

MAKE IT STAHP

Third level related existential crises <3

All that's in my CAO is Computer science.. in nuig, dcu, dit , maynooth and limerick

I like DCU the most for computer science (Computer Applications there). But I've only really gone to DCU, TCD and UCD open days

MAKE IT STAHP

I think I did actually

I've been trying to ignore my crisis for the past 2 weeks. Knowing me it'll be about 3 hours before the deadline when I actually decide to face up to the fact that I am being forced into planning my future.

I like DCU the most for computer science (Computer Applications there). But I've only really gone to DCU, TCD and UCD open days

Nuig has a very good course i hear.. DCU is kinda meh for me.. i took off tcd and ucd cuz i really don't wanna go to those colleges

I've been trying to ignore my crisis for the past 2 weeks. Knowing me it'll be about 3 hours before the deadline when I actually decide to face up to the fact that I am being forced into planning my future.

Best way to solve a crisis is in a café in Paris, drinking wine in a room full of smoke and jazz music while in hiding from the Stasi. Pity the Cold War is over and plane tickets to Paris are ****ing ridiculously priced though.

Goodnight guys, I shall see you in four days when I will either stay being an atheist or they will have won me over and I will turn into a fully devoted Catholic....

Who am I kidding, Baby Jesus himself can come down from heavens and into my sitting room and I'd still call bull**** :rolleyes:

Don't leave it that long but at the same time take the time you have.

Best way to solve a crisis is in a café in Paris, drinking wine in a room full of smoke and jazz music while in hiding from the Stasi. Pity the Cold War is over and plane tickets to Paris are ****ing ridiculously priced though.
    I'll....eh....keep that in mind.

• Advertisement

Pity the Cold War is over and plane tickets to Paris are ****ing ridiculously priced though.

Back in the days before Ryanair and other low cost airlines, legacy carriers like Aer Lingus and BA used to charge an arm and leg for flights to anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement