Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Prodigious wrote: »
    The iPad is nice in fairness. Better build quality and aesthetics than most androids IMO. Pity about the OS. Android tablets in my experience have not been up to par with the iPad though, in terms of speed, comfortability and accessibility.
    Yes, Android might not be the greatest in the tablets market but when you look at the smartphone market you can see a different picture. However I don't see the big fuss of owning a tablet but maybe thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Lets not have this degenerate into Apple vs. Android.

The tablet market is only now being broken into by android and we already have seen shifts in the smartphone market with Apple thinking of lowering price points to compete with the drastically cheaper androids and android rapidly growing its capabilities to challenge the well established iOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Have most I ye done thd theory test? :) .. And did ye study for it like buy the book or anything :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I know Apple is overpriced and all, but I think it's worth it. :P I love me my Apple products <3

Have most I ye done thd theory test? :) .. And did ye study for it like buy the book or anything :P

The CD-ROM for the computer all the way. Just practice test after practice test. Passed first time with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I bought my iPad in the States for a huge price differences on E370. It's retailed for $499 which roughly converts to E370. Couldn't miss it so I bought it. I love the iPad. Certainly the best on the tablet market I think. I am basically an Apple wainker :p I've iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMac and soon to be, a MacBook Pro. (Not rubbing this in) These products are absolutely fantastic and have found zero faults with any of these items. I've tried Android before and I didn't like as it was very slow, not user friendly for me (I'm deaf so I require speech to text functions, better sound transmission on phone calls) and the apps range wasn't great at all compared to Apple Store.

Managed to get it working on Apple TV too. Will try iPad, iPhone and if I can money on the debit card tomorrow, the Xbox too. Will post results tomorrow :)

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I've iPhone, iPod, iPad, iMac and soon to be, a MacBook Pro. (Not rubbing this in) These products are absolutely fantastic and have found zero faults with any of these items.

Oh the double edged sword of closed source. Wait until you need some obscure piece of software and rage eternally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I had the CD, and it was useful for some more fiddly stuff like complicated signs and stopping distances they can ask. I didn't find the book to be much use as while I was reading the information I didn't feel I was actually absorbing it so I preferred the CD as it was more interactive and made you think! But don't sweat the test, it's incredibly easy, most of it's just plain common sense, the answer is almost always "Show down and avoid hitting the old granny"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Was in UCD and Trinity yesterday and I just can't choose which to put number 1 :(

Flip a coin and see the outcome
    If its not the one you truly want you'll know after the coin toss because you're faced with the choice being made for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

yournerd wrote: »
    Was in UCD and Trinity yesterday and I just can't choose which to put number 1 :(

Put NuiG

I'm going to die of boredom and jealousy. I need to get a job or a free holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Everyone sorted for their Debs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

SecondMan wrote: »

Iv nothing got yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

debs committee - free ticket, free transport. 25 for the room, having the cheapest debs ever :D

Nothing got and dunno who I'm bringing. Tickets and car booked though :)1

Anybody else notice there's a weird smell of the exam papers. Im cleaning away all my school crap and I just noticed they all have this weird, pretty strong smell.

Also i'm ****ed for the debs. I have nothing sorted. At all. No suit, no one to bring. Nada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Ah the joys of only buying one ticket....

And in other news, opened up iTunes for what must have been the first time in a month and realised I could get rid of all of the Irish and French aurals \o/

I wish i'd bought 1 tickets now. I might sell my second and use the money to buy copious amounts of alcohol.

Anybody else notice there's a weird smell of the exam papers. Im cleaning away all my school crap and I just noticed they all have this weird, pretty strong smell.

Also i'm ****ed for the debs. I have nothing sorted. At all. No suit, no one to bring. Nada

Yes I noticed this. I had always though that it was the superintendent's perfume or something. But it's very strange. I reckon its whatever made the paper pink, the pink ink or something!

• Advertisement

I remember it was really strong in the exam center and I thought it was the plastic packet they came in.

Now its in my room and kitchen. :mad:

I've realised how crazy I must seem right now. I'm just going through stuff and anything irrelevant I'm putting in a pile and saying it's going to burn (which it is)

Its not bad but I'd prefer keep that exam centre away from my summer holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

My mother suggested I should burn the unneeded things but I refused.

Im burning some stuff.
    But not anything that I or someone else may need in the future though because I'm Cavan like that.

Michael Reilly was peeling wallpaper off the wall in his home in Ballyjamesduff when Hughie Smith arrived to visit. "Ah Michael, decoratin' again?" "No" says Michael, "I'm movin' out to a new house in Virginia"

Thats made so much better by the fact that I know a Michael Reilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I wish i'd bought 1 tickets now. I might sell my second and use the money to buy copious amounts of alcohol.

That's why I only bought one ticket :D

Thats made so much better by the fact that I know a Michael Reilly.

Did that Michael Reilly move to Virginia???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I've got 2 free tickets and have done nothing else excluding that, I feel though as a male there's so much less pressure which is great, all the girls are panicking about getting a dress and I'm like I'll get a suit sometime, there's no rush ;)

• Advertisement

He didn't but I'll suggest it to him for the lulz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement