Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I've got 2 free tickets and have done nothing else excluding that, I feel though as a male there's so much less pressure which is great, all the girls are panicking about getting a dress and I'm like I'll get a suit sometime, there's no rush ;)

You have someone to go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

SecondMan wrote: »

Euro I think he's hinting at something there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

SecondMan wrote: »

Yep I asked one of my friends early in the year, I asked someone from school, if you ask someone from outside school you've to mind them all night and make sure they've someone to talk to etc so someone from the school is much less hassle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Euro I think he's hinting at something there.

I can tell my current date to feck off! I'm always up for it with you SecondMan ;)

That would be a good system if I didnt go to an all boys school.

And what about me. I have needs. I can show you all of Dunwall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My grad isn't until November I think so I'm in no rush at all. All I need to do is get a suit and a person to go with me. It could be done in a day. :pac:

I can tell my current date to feck off! I'm always up for it with you SecondMan ;)

Ive a date as well so I'm very sorry Euro :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I got lucky so, I'm bringing a lad from a different town but he knows all the town lads already so I can do what I want :pac:

Date sorted. Can get a good deal and all.
    I'll have to travel to Nam though

Goddamn I love Full Metal Jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I know what colour I have to coordinate with so that's a start!

• Advertisement

Actually, do ye think it is "acceptable" to bring someone to a grad, even though you will be going with her to her grad 2/3 months before? As good friends. :P Would love yer thoughts, as I just realised that I don't know much people who I'd actually bring..

Ye bring people to grad? We walked from the school to the pub and drank until the Gardaí shut us down. How is your grad in November though?

Ye bring people to grad? We walked from the school to the pub and drank until the Gardaí shut us down. How is your grad in November though?

I think by grad he means debs...

I always get confused with this. Up here, the "grad" is also the "debs". The girls usually call it the debs, while the lads would call it the grad. Are you on about the grad mass? That was back around a month ago which was great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Not this whole grad/debs debate again....

We were closed down at like 12:30. Moved out to the parking lot until 3.

But still November? What the hell.

We were closed down at like 12:30. Moved out to the parking lot until 3.

But still November? What the hell.

Yeah, my school always has it late, purposely, just so everyone can come back and see each other while they are in college. Like if it was in summer some people might not see each other in ages, but for us they will in November. :P

GRAD MASS = GRAD AT END OF YEAR/BEFORE EXAMS

GRAD/DEBS = THE DEBS

ray2012 wrote: »
    Yeah, my school always has it late, purposely, just so everyone can come back and see each other while they are in college. Like if it was in summer some people might not see each other in ages, but for us they will in November. :P

Thats no a bad idea. Maybe by then I could have gotten a girl in college :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Thats no a bad idea. Maybe by then I could have gotten a girl in college :/

Is it really that important to be seen to have a girlfriend? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Is it really that important to be seen to have a girlfriend? :p

Yes, but not as important as making sure you show people you are drinking by having a drink in your hand in all photos so it can be seen how cool you are on Facebook later on. ;)

Not a girlfriend. Just a girl to bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Is it weird to be a girl going on her own .. My parents seem to think it is :rolleyes: and keep nagging me about it :(

I was at our debs last year but all I can remember having an outrageous headache the day after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I've never heard of anyone going on their own yet it seems to be perfectly normal on here! Strange the way things are done differently around the country! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Jade. wrote: »
    I've never heard of anyone going on their own yet it seems to be perfectly normal on here! Strange the way things are done differently around the country! :pac:

Loads of people go on their own in my school too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Is it weird to be a girl going on her own .. My parents seem to think it is :rolleyes: and keep nagging me about it :(

a load of girls in my year are going alone!
    I almost did, I just ended up bringing a friend who wanted to go (5th year), if he didn't ask would I bring him I'd be going alone, don't worry about it :D

Its tragic really. I'm a walking sterotype. Along with everyone who dosent have a partner yet.

Our last desperation wont come from shame or desire or regret.

Its from wasting the money on a ticket.

And we've all admited it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

A group of us didn't bring anyone last year, we just went as a big group. We said we'd all bring people this year instead because we'd be going again and there wasn't much point shelling out for 2 tickets 2 years in a row. Then we get to this year and a whole load of is decided we'd just go as a group again because we couldn't afford the extra €70 for a second ticket. But to cut a long story short, a great night was still had the first time 'round and will be had in 6 weeks time.

• Advertisement

Try and get someone. As well as going in a group sounds, getting a date would be much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement