Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Sooooooo. Anybody on here want a free ticket to a debs? Charming boards member and bus fare included.*

*Bus fare only covers least expensive route available. T&C apply. Corvo Attano accepts no liability for lost or damage incurred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I don't think we even got a choice of buying one ticket it was two or nothing. :P
    A group of us didn't bring anyone last year, we just went as a big group. We said we'd all bring people this year instead because we'd be going again and there wasn't much point shelling out for 2 tickets 2 years in a row. Then we get to this year and a whole load of is decided we'd just go as a group again because we couldn't afford the extra €70 for a second ticket. But to cut a long story short, a great night was still had the first time 'round and will be had in 6 weeks time.

How did you go aswell last year? :confused:

We wernt told we could get one. It was after it was too late that I realise I could have.

A lot of schools allow 5th years to go. Two or nothing!? :pac:

Really? That's so strange. I've never heard of that.

Yeah buy two tickets or else buy none! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Jade. wrote: »

How did you go aswell last year? :confused:

Did TY so any of us that did TY/repeated 5th year got to go last year with what was our original year from 1st-3rd year and would have been our actual debs if we hadn't done the extra year. Then this year due to actually being in LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ya im taking someone who is doing the leaving next year

Did TY so any of us that did TY/repeated 5th year got to go last year with what was our original year from 1st-3rd year and would have been our actual debs if we hadn't done the extra year. Then this year due to actually being in LC.

Oh right I see. Around here it's for 6th years only that are currently attending the school. Obviously who you bring can be any year/school :P

Smaller schools tend to let younger years go In my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Our school have nothing to do with ours, someone got sick on a teacher TWICE, and that was the end of their involvement.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Smaller schools tend to let younger years go In my experience

Yup

My school is pretty small and the 6th years always end up inviting a few 5th years to go to their debs

Edit: I didn't mean as their guests but actually buy a ticket and bring someone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My school is very small (70 in the year roughly). It's supposed to be that only 5th years who did TY can buy a ticket but they always sell their second ticket (supposedly for their dates) to the fifth years who didn't do TY. So in the end all 5th years can go.

My year only has 40 something :pac: We consider that big :P but everyone will have a date so it will be like 90 on the night

Our year has about 120....so if everyone brought dates there'd be bedlam. Then there's 30ish TYs too so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Not going to debs and saving money for freshers week instead....nothing at all to do with not having anyone to go with in a boys school where everyone is fueled by cheap cider and E >_>

It sounds like a disco with ty's? :pac: how do they control drinking if loads are underage? :P

Jade. wrote: »
    It sounds like a disco with ty's? :pac: how do they control drinking if loads are underage? :P

The debs is student organised so there's never any teachers and the club we were in last year really didn't seem to care what age anyone was, I don't remember a single person being asked for ID. The worst for checking were actually the bus drivers who searched practically every lad for drink on their way onto the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

In my experience they give wristbands to over18s and after midnight they only serve drink to those with wristbands and they're only allowed buy one drink at a time!

The debs is student organised so there's never any teachers and the club we were in last year really didn't seem to care what age anyone was, I don't remember a single person being asked for ID. The worst for checking were actually the bus drivers who searched practically every lad for drink on their way onto the bus.

Oh it's in a club! This is totally different to ours. I love how fascinated I am by all this :P

Seriously crazy day at Wimbledon. 7 withdrawals due to injury, 9 seeded players out and Federer 2 sets to 1 and a break down!

Well the club was like attached to the hotel. We arrived into the club, must have spend about an hour there because there was some massive delay with the dinner, headed up an unreal amount of stairs into the hotel for dinner which lasted about 2 hours! Nobody was impressed and the food was fairly awful. After that, back into the club for the rest of the night. The club also has an unnecessry amount of stairs because it was on two levels, most people stayed in the one area for the whole night because it was just a pain to get around in heels. About half 2/3 we were herded into the upstairs bit, given breakfast rolls and orange juice and either had to eat standing up/sitting on the ground in full formal wear due to lack of seating for 200 people obviously...Then onto the bus and home. I'm pretty sure I was at home in bed by half 5.

I'm soooo excited for Despicable Me 2 :pac:

• Advertisement

I still need to get round to GoT.

Red Dead has captured me again.

Our debs is in Swords as far as I know. The place looks class.

Swords really must be the place to go so. Ours is there too are 3 other schools in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I finally find a course I like in Sligo and my parents are against it thinking its a bad idea :( I love pretty close to UL so they want me to go there :(

I still need to get round to GoT.

Red Dead has captured me again.

Our debs is in Swords as far as I know. The place looks class.

GoT is great, just finished it!
    But red dead...
    Scarred me for life :(

God I hate Jack and his whingey voice. He has a hell of an epilogue mission though

God I hate Jack and his whingey voice. He has a hell of an epilogue mission though

I bawled

I burned Ross' wife in a fire and threw him in the river

I hogtied the wife, then hogtied ross, brought him back to the house and made the wife watch as I tortured him and then put the house on fire and walked away like a boss :cool:

I'll never be able to be nice to anyone named Ross. That bastard

• Advertisement

Luckily I don't know anyone called Ross :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement