Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

This obsession with sheep again, LastsAWayOverSecondMan? :P

Thanks man

I've never understood how so many people don't understand the system :P
    "Oh I'll never get the points for X so I took it off before change of mind ended"
    They don't understand it's order of preference not order of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Is the grant given out alphabetically?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

DEBS + CAO = Stress,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know if subway take on people under 18? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone know if subway take on people under 18? :)

Yeah they do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »
    Is the grant given out alphabetically?

Order of those who applied. First in first served.

Is this the SUSI grant?

yournerd wrote: »
    Yeah they do :)

Do you know if you give your principle as a referee do you have to get their permission first and who else could i give :confused: Ive never actually worked before :o

SecondMan wrote: »
    Is this the SUSI grant?

Ya
    Do you know if you give your principle as a referee do you have to get their permission first and who else could i give :confused: Ive never actually worked before :o

I've this problem too. My cv looks like a babies. :P

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    Order of those who applied. First in first served.

Really? I applied the day the opened. I was just thinking because I have an O surname so I'd probably be waiting until 2015 to get it! Aw this is great. :D

Ya

I've this problem too. My cv looks like a babies. :P

Haha its really annoying cause i literately have never worked except for work experience for LCVP :p Can you give like a family member that you help alot or babysit :confused:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Really? I applied the day the opened. I was just thinking because I have an O surname so I'd probably be waiting until 2015 to get it! Aw this is great. :D

You should be dealt with so first! I applied the first day too for it but my surname is C anyway so I wouldn't have been too bad either way! :P But I got declined one :( haha
    Haha its really annoying cause i literately have never worked except for work experience for LCVP :p Can you give like a family member that you help alot or babysit :confused:

Ya 4th and 5th year work experience are the only times I've ever worked but they were both primary school/preschool so I don't even consider them. I've also down when I ran the AIB school bank as experience but I've no proper referees on my cv :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

You should be dealt with so first! I applied the first day too for it but my surname is C anyway so I wouldn't have been too bad either way! :P But I got declined one :( haha

Ya 4th and 5th year work experience are the only times I've ever worked but they were both primary school/preschool so I don't even consider them. I've also down when I ran the AIB school bank as experience but I've no proper referees on my cv :pac:

did they already decline you :eek:

did they already decline you :eek:

Ya I got a letter back a week after it opened saying no :( :P

Lads my sister was getting loads of crap on ask.fm .. its actually horrible how people can say most of it, theyre telling her to die and kill herself! :eek: When i was in first year i cant remember people being anywhere near as mean as that! :confused:
    I had to tell my parents tho cause it was getting so bad and now shes really angry with me over it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Lads my sister was getting loads of crap on ask.fm .. its actually horrible how people can say most of it, theyre telling her to die and kill herself! :eek: When i was in first year i cant remember people being anywhere near as mean as that! :confused:
    I had to tell my parents tho cause it was getting so bad and now shes really angry with me over it :(

Its the anonymity. People can say whatever they want with no repercussions. People were always this mean but couldnt say anything because it would damage their social image. If I were to tell someone to kill themselves in a public area like school then I would be turned on by most of my peers.

People also don't understand the severity of what they say. They dont take saying something like "Just kill yourself seriously" because they dont think the result of it will ever be that the person kills themselves. They never see the possibility that this person will actually kill themselves and how that will impact everything around them.

Finally it's because people dont know how deep words can cut. They dont see the persons true reaction to this and just how much damage it really does. Its usually the "popular" people who are the bullies because they have never felt the other side of the constant insults. They just dont know how much their words hurt.

I've seen Ask.fm and while I dont think that fault lies with the owners by any means I dont think people are responsible enough for that sort of power.

I take it from:
    When i was in first year
    That your sister is in first year and as a result dosent know how to deal with this. Nobody does that young. This could have been very damaging. You done the right thing.

Its the anonymity. People can say whatever they want with no repercussions. People were always this mean but couldnt say anything because it would damage their social image. If I were to tell someone to kill themselves in a public area like school then I would be turned on by most of my peers.

People also don't understand the severity of what they say. They dont take saying something like "Just kill yourself seriously" because they dont think the result of it will ever be that the person kills themselves. They never see the possibility that this person will actually kill themselves and how that will impact everything around them.

Finally it's because people dont know how deep words can cut. They dont see the persons true reaction to this and just how much damage it really does. Its usually the "popular" people who are the bullies because they have never felt the other side of the constant insults. They just dont know how much their words hurt.

I've seen Ask.fm and while I dont think that fault lies with the owners by any means I dont think people are responsible enough for that sort of power.

I take it from: That your sister is in first year and as a result dosent know how to deal with this. Nobody does that young. This could have been very damaging. You done the right thing.

Ya shes in first year but like i dont know why she felt the need to have an ask.fm account in the first place as its just asking for trouble. Anyways her page is gone now .. my brothers going mad over and if he found out who was writing it i think he would actually seriously hurt them like!! :pac:

Im so glad to be finished with school and as much as i enjoyed it and all that i would hate to have to go through it all again :p

She should disable her account. I don't see why people get so much pleasure from having an account in the first place. Ask.fm is a haven for abuse and everybody knows this. Even the more popular people get abuse on it. Some sadistic people just thrive on making people feel down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Why anybody uses ask.fm is beyond me :confused:

A website where people can say whatever they want to me without me ever knowing to it is, that's like asking for trouble

Gotta say something? Say it to my face

..I'd still be upset but at least I'll know your name after my world domination :pac:

• Advertisement

Ya shes in first year but like i dont know why she felt the need to have an ask.fm account in the first place as its just asking for trouble. Anyways her page is gone now .. my brothers going mad over and if he found out who was writing it i think he would actually seriously hurt them like!! :pac:

Im so glad to be finished with school and as much as i enjoyed it and all that i would hate to have to go through it all again :p

Ask.fm is the newest thing to have and its a hateful thing. I've seen the abuse people get and it's just awful. I told my sister not to get one.

I am so glad to be finished school its not believable.

The other side of ask.fm is the bleeding hearts that faun over anybody who gets the slightest bit of abuse. While obviously no where near as bad it makes them look sad and pathetic.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Why anybody uses ask.fm is beyond me :confused:

A website where people can say whatever they want to me without me ever knowing to it is, that's like asking for trouble

Gotta say something? Say it to my face

..I'd still be upset but at least I'll know your name after my world domination :pac:

When i asked her this her reply was that you get to learn stuff about yourself that you didnt even know :pac:
    TBH I think its such an attention thing though cause after a few negative comments then theres always people there saying how 'perfect' you are! :rolleyes: I certainly wont be setting up an account on it :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

When i asked her this her reply was that you get to learn stuff about yourself that you didnt even know :pac:
    TBH I think its such an attention thing though cause after a few negative comments then theres always people there saying how 'perfect' you are! :rolleyes: I certainly wont be setting up an account on it :p

Yeah I guess they do it for positive comments

Someone I know set up an account hoping for some romantic secret-admirer-to-perfect-boyfriend fairytale crap

Bleeding Hearts the lot of 'em.

I admit I find some aspects of it highly amusing :P
    For example on my Facebook I will see a girl post her ask.fm saying 'bored ask me stuff!!'
    Then a few minutes later it comes up on my homepage that she answered a question, "you're a b*tch" or whatever

Queue angry status about getting sh*t on ask.fm! Like they literally asked for it :pac:

Ah Facebooks not bad once you dont fall into the trap of adding everybody you know ever then you tend not to see the stuff that destroys your faith in humanity.

If I actually had the patience to unlike all those stupid pages I liked when I was 12 and unfriend the people I don't know my Facebook would be grand :pac:

They made it alot easier. If a pages posts are annoying ya ya just click hite and it give you the option to unlike.

One infamous Facebook status read: "Bye America, hello New York"

• Advertisement

Ladies and Gentelmen. Laugh your tits off

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/failbook

As a taster of the fine lols:
    hB29155BC

h745B9A35

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement