Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Here's a whole load of more stupid Facebookers:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

SecondMan wrote: »
    One infamous Facebook status read: "Bye America, hello New York"

My personal favourite "Ugh can't believe I've to get a visa to visit Argentina, worst United States ever!"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    You know what I hate?

Those "Like this if you..blah blah blah" things. I unfollow most people who like or share one of those. Especially stupid ones like "share dis if yu breath oxijen".

Sometimes they're so retarded I want to kill myself, like one I saw a few days ago "Lik dis unless u want ur parents 2 die of cancer" I mean what the hell..

like for a shift or pass in chat xox

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

peekachoo wrote: »

(y)

• Advertisement

like fr HO's in chat i promis ill do em dis tim

Seriously, why can't people learn to spell properly on the internet? Or at least make an effort

(y)
    pass xx

pass xx

:'(:'(

soz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

It's ok man, heres a Damien Rice album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

With all this talk of theory tests, I've decided to go out and get the CD tomorrow. I was going to get around to it eventually this summer so I may aswell get cracking on it now. Just looked up the available slots in the area, 2 of them I can't do, one is the day before the debs and the other is the last day in August. Depending on the mood tomorrow, I might just be able to convince mam to let me book the one for the day before the debs, 6 weeks is pleeenty of time to get up to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

With all this talk of theory tests, I've decided to go out and get the CD tomorrow. I was going to get around to it eventually this summer so I may aswell get cracking on it now. Just looked up the available slots in the area, 2 of them I can't do, one is the day before the debs and the other is the last day in August. Depending on the mood tomorrow, I might just be able to convince mam to let me book the one for the day before the debs, 6 weeks is pleeenty of time to get up to scratch.

I did it in 2 weeks and even that was plenty!

6 weeks is more than enough time

The whole thing is expensive though :(

The CD is like €22 and the book is €17 or something. Theory test costs €45 too

soz

can we still be friends?? xx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I did it in 2 weeks and even that was plenty!

Yeah it's straightforward enough. As long as you keep safety and caution in mind, you can guess some of the trickier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

andrew369 wrote: »
    It's ok man, heres a Damien Rice album.

That album is beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Rigamortus wrote: »
    That album is beautiful

It is so good probably one of my favourite albums. 9 was great too but not as good and he seems to have disappeared for the past few years which is a huge shame, great artist. :(

Just did on online mock test and got 36/40 \o/

Some of the questions are ridiculously silly though: When involved in an accident and the other driver is unconscious, who should you call first: your family, their family, an ambulance and the Gardaí or your solicitor. I was highly tempted to go with "your solicitor" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

spurious wrote: »
    Yeah it's straightforward enough. As long as you keep safety and caution in mind, you can guess some of the trickier ones.

Well done hunz xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Wait until you hit the alcohol one.

If the driver has consumed alcohol they are more likely to:

a) be more cautious
    b)be more aware
    c)be more perceptive
    d)be more drousy

It is the stupidest test ever and the only questions of any difficulty are the ones asking about stopping distance in different conditions.

• Advertisement

When involved in an accident and the other driver is unconscious, who should you call first: your family, their family, an ambulance and the Gardaí or your solicitor

Trick question :pac:

An ambulance and the Gardaí unless you are in Finglas, Ballymun or Tallaght in Dublin, in which case you might as well just say goodbye to your family

Wait until you hit the alcohol one.

If the driver has consumed alcohol they are more likely to:

a) be more cautious
    b)be more aware
    c)be more perceptive
    d)be more drousy

It is the stupidest test ever and the only questions of any difficulty are the ones asking about stopping distance in different conditions.
    I just got that one. Along with one about where your bags of loose shopping should be placed: in the boot, behind the front seat, under the passenger seat, to the sides of the back passenger seats.

Mock #2. 33/40. This one decided to throw in a load more technical questions about the engine, lights, stopping distances and thread depth....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

After ten or so practice exams it becomes clockwork

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

andrew369 wrote: »
    It is so good probably one of my favourite albums. 9 was great too but not as good and he seems to have disappeared for the past few years which is a huge shame, great artist. :(

Probably one of the best albums of the past 15 years. 9 was still fantastic.. i'd love to hear some new stuff from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Do ye find these practice tests online and if so, where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

So ive finally filled out my CAO and more than likely gonna end up repeating to get but first choice.. but my mom seems to think im taking my second choice which im not too keen about just because its a college that ill still be living at home :confused: Im pretty sure i wont get the points for my first choice and so is my mom :cool:
    Why wont she just let me move away!! :rolleyes:

ray2012 wrote: »
    http://www.ism.ie/advice/theory-test/mock-theory-test

Another 33. The first one must have been a fluke.

ray2012 wrote: »
    This is the one i did :)
    http://mocktheorytest.ism.ie/

Edit: bluejay beet me too it :p

The questions seriously repeat themselves in it though. I've got the one about overtaking a cyclist every times. I'm pretty sure I've been asked it twice in the one test too. :L

38/40 \o/

• Advertisement

The questions seriously repeat themselves in it though. I've got the one about overtaking a cyclist every times. I'm pretty sure I've been asked it twice in the one test too. :L

38/40 \o/

I dont know how accurate the mock one is .. i did it three times getting 34/37/37 but i got the disc today and the questions seem alot harder :eek: Ive only done one which i got 28 in :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement