Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I dont know how accurate the mock one is .. i did it three times getting 34/37/37 but i got the disc today and the questions seem alot harder :eek: Ive only done one which i got 28 in :o
    I was thinking it was a bit suspect alright at least it's keeping me entertained though. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see for myself I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I never even got the CD. I found a mock one online which had about 800 questions, I just kept doing them for a week recording my mistakes and then went in to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Did the theory back in September, I just read through the book the morning of the test and got 40/40

Just got a date for my actual driving test yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Am I the only one with 0 interest in driving? :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

peekachoo wrote: »

It seems so :P

I actually learned how to drive last summer (outside Ireland, away from things I can run over haha) and now I know most of the rules of the road

I just have to put them both together:cool:..and pass the theory test of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I did the theory test two years ago, and honestly the only reason I did it was so I'd have a provisional license and get served! They don't check the date of birth in a lot of places where I live. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

seeing as i'm asian .. i have no interest for driving .. i also have a fear for it. i don't trust myself behind the wheel of a car

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I needed it as an ID for Patricks Day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I actually LOVE how the majority of responses were using the theory to buy drink!
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I wouldn't say I have an interest in driving exactly, but it's pretty restrictive to not be able to drive.

I have been behind the wheel of a car exactly once. We did a driving day back in TY. 4 of us and instructor in a dual-control car driving around the army barracks. Each got about half an hour driving. He told me I was either under-steering or over-steering the whole time, can't remember which. I also managed to turn on the indicators and wipers by accident and couldn't turn them back off again. To cap it all off I nearly hit a tree near the end. By nearly, I mean as in driving straight for the tree practically, just managed to skirt 'round the right hand side of it in the end.

Road users beware.

• Advertisement

Rigamortus wrote: »
    seeing as i'm asian .. i have no interest for driving .. i also have a fear for it.

Pfft that's just a stereotype. So am I and I'm the opposite

I can drive a tractor so I can drive a car. And while im not overly excited to be able to drive it will be cool to know I can.

And the new priovisional makes it damn hard to see the DOB so most bouncers just glance at and and wave ya on.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Pfft that's just a stereotype. So am I and I'm the opposite

Not even joking i am actually afraid of driving a car because i know i'd be awful at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Wait :eek: So the provisional licence may get you into clubs and bars! :cool:

Got me into every one so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I learned to drive did all the lessons and just don't drive now :pac: the road actually scares me! But Im determined to renew my licence and get back on the road next month. :P

I can drive a tractor so I can drive a car. And while im not overly excited to be able to drive it will be cool to know I can.

And the new priovisional makes it damn hard to see the DOB so most bouncers just glance at and and wave ya on.

Actually a bit of a difference between driving a tractor and a car, but the basics are the same:P

Lads how can ye not be interested in driving :O I take it no one on here watches rally so :(

Trick question :pac:

An ambulance and the Gardaí unless you are in Finglas, Ballymun or Tallaght in Dublin, in which case you might as well just say goodbye to your family

*cough* Guess where I'm from....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It really depends on the place. They've checked the DOB the last couple of nights I've been out but that isn't an issue for me anymore. :cool: I can remember back when I was underage getting served in the pub in our town with it, but I can't imagine anyone ever getting into a proper night club with it.

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Actually a bit of a difference between driving a tractor and a car, but the basics are the same:P

Lads how can ye not be interested in driving :O I take it no one on here watches rally so :(

Ah I can drive a car. And a tractor. The idea is the same apart from a gear shift in a Zettor isnt near as smooth :P

And I am interested its just I know once I get the pink licence the insurance will screw me. And I'm at the cavan stages most years. My cousins on both sides are mad for cars as are my neighbours and me dads a mechanic so I'm far from clueless.

• Advertisement

Trick question :pac:

An ambulance and the Gardaí unless you are in Finglas, Ballymun or Tallaght in Dublin, in which case you might as well just say goodbye to your family

*cough* Guess where I'm from....

The mun now guess where I'm from :cool:
    Daniel7740 wrote: »

I don't watch rallying particularly but I watch motorsports from time to time. Sometimes rallying, sometimes F1 and maybe some touring car races on TV

Ah I can drive a car. And a tractor. The idea is the same apart from a gear shift in a Zettor isnt near as smooth :P

And I am interested its just I know once I get the pink licence the insurance will screw me. And I'm at the cavan stages most years. My cousins on both sides are mad for cars as are my neighbours and me dads a mechanic so I'm far from clueless.

If ya can't find her grind her ;)

I can remember teaching meself how an engine works when I was in fifth class haha

Im dying for a batch of home made brownies!! :pac: .. so what do i decide to do but look up brownie recipes :confused: They look sooo good! :o

Im dying for a batch of home made brownies!! :pac: .. so what do i decide to do but look up brownie recipes :confused: They look sooo good! :o

I've been making these everyday for the past 3 days.. sooo good.. but easy and quick to make

1044283_588984167801855_596154766_n.jpg

Rigamortus wrote: »
    I've been making these everyday for the past 3 days.. sooo good.. but easy and quick to make

1044283_588984167801855_596154766_n.jpg

They look so good ... ill try them tomorrow :P But now i need chocolate!!! :pac:

The mun now guess where I'm from :cool:

I'll have to guess the Mun now cause you didn't give me any hints :P

They look so good ... ill try them tomorrow :P But now i need chocolate!!! :pac:

oh they're lovely..

oh god.. why did i just google brownies.. i'm craving them now.. but i have no idea how to make them . oh gawd

I'll have to guess the Mun now cause you didn't give me any hints :P

Finglas, actually :pac:

Finglas, actually :pac:

Ah no way! Try not to rob me on horseback and I'll leave you with your runners :p

• Advertisement

And now I'm addicted to Game of Thrones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement