Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

360x9n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I might go to Cork for the lulz.

Imaging a Cavan man in UCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    There are plans to build a proper campus at Grangegorman and it will have a Luas link-up too.

I read a post from someone on this website saying that they went to DIT in 1999 and they were talking about Grangegorman back then! I'm not too bothered about the lack of campus really, it's just it makes getting accommodation fairly difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

what about a cavan man in UL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

best of luck :P

• Advertisement

Imagine anyone not from Cork in UCC, probably have a secret police for all non Cork people. Students from Kerry hiding in the dorm attic.

UL is plausible. One or two lads were looking at it.

But I'd never go. I'd be too bitter at the farming land they have down there while in Galway I get to laugh at their land. For the most part

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I read a post from someone on this website saying that they went to DIT in 1999 and they were talking about Grangegorman back then!

True, it's a plan that's been around for some time. It's supposed to cost half a billion and the government cut funding for it too. But their plan was approved by An Born Pleanala 12 months ago and they're still hoping to amalgamate their colleges by 2017.

Imagine anyone at UCC..

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Imagine anyone at UCC..

My English teacher was from Kerry and went to UCC. Every now and then she would sort of space out during class and just sit down for a couple minutes. UCC related flashbacks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 misstb

anyone else jobless with nothing to do? its not even the money, its the fact that im bored...tried everywhere

• Advertisement

andrew369 wrote: »
    My English teacher was from Kerry and went to UCC. Every now and then she would sort of space out during class and just sit down for a couple minutes. UCC related flashbacks...

Probably the crippling loneliness. Or the inability to understand ANYONE.
    misstb wrote: »
    anyone else jobless with nothing to do? its not even the money, its the fact that im bored...tried everywhere

Get a farm. I spent the day putting pistons in a tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I am. I just wasting my time watching movies and tv shows that I haven't caught up on. Considering about doing a project for the summer. Don't know what but I want to do something to keep me busy and occupied

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I am. I just wasting my time watching movies and tv shows that I haven't caught up on. Considering about doing a project for the summer. Don't know what but I want to do something to keep me busy and occupied

I've decided to learn Python if I cant get a job. And to replay RDR and Dishonored while watching GoT.

I've decided to learn Python if I cant get a job. And to replay RDR and Dishonored while watching GoT.

I've thought about programming but I don't want to be sitting at my computer 24/7. Prefer to do something outdoors.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I've thought about programming but I don't want to be sitting at my computer 24/7. Prefer to do something outdoors.

A hobby is ment to be part time. A few hours a day. Its not a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I never considered UCC as of today and NUIG oh god.
    I'm so bored I am going to put up posters about giving violin lessons and hopefully some lonely children will come to me.

A hobby is ment to be part time. A few hours a day. Its not a job.

Well yeah I suppose. I could spend a few hours on it a day maybe.

My summer plans so far are going to Italy, band, reading, writing and might join Amnesty to see if they have any volunteer work.

yournerd wrote: »
    and NUIG oh god.

Hey! NUIG is a good place.

I only went to Trinity and UCD like a hundred times and DCU once and never again.
    What's NUIG like?

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    I only went to Trinity and UCD like a hundred times and DCU once and never again.
    What's NUIG like?

I thought you were downing it there.

And it seems like a really good place. Excellent for engineering or medicine for what I heard and seen.

Now to mention it being a student city with a brilliant atmosphere.

I spend my days lying in bed watching tv shows, I'm after developing a routine of tv shows by day and Xbox by night. Soul crippling stuff :P

peekachoo wrote: »
    Xbox by night. Soul crippling stuff :P

No doubt after seeing your beloved brand attempt suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 misstb

I spend my days lying in bed watching tv shows, I'm after developing a routine of tv shows by day and Xbox by night. Soul crippling stuff :P

same and i really didn't want to waste my summer online!! has anyone done those PR jobs where you give out pamphlets in the city?

I thought you were downing it there.

And it seems like a really good place. Excellent for engineering or medicine for what I heard and seen.

Now to mention it being a student city with a brilliant atmosphere.

I'm interested in neither haha :)
    Anyone interested in Law?

Honestly couldnt say for Law. Trinity is the top for that.

PS4 will be my next upgrade I believe. :P

The only work I lined up is that I'm supposed to be painting a mural in the new rugby club but I'm still waiting to hear about that...since April :pac:
    Job hunting again Monday I guess

PS4 will be my next upgrade I believe. :P

I think that will be 99% of console gamers next upgrade.

Where are people applying for jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Get a farm. I spent the day putting pistons in a tractor.

I spent the evening trying to get a wild b!tch of a cow out from our neighbors cattle....the joys of it lad haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement