Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

peekachoo wrote: »
    he's my favourite, reminds me of Samwise Gamgee :')

Gamgee was far more useful. That little **** Frodo wouldnt have made it out of the Shire without Sam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Gamgee was far more useful. That little **** Frodo wouldnt have made it out of the Shire without Sam.

dat bromance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Have 3 courses on my CAO... am I mad?

Having a similar dilemma all the courses on my cao are above 500 and i have no level sevens, am i crazy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Having a similar dilemma all the courses on my cao are above 500 and i have no level sevens, am i crazy ?

I'd put down two lvl 7s just for a safe cause. You may never get the points but at least you'll have something to fall back on

peekachoo wrote: »
    dat bromance though.

I hope to have a love half as pure as was between Mister Frodo and Sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

BOFstXsCIAEiE_-.jpg

Thought I was famous for a sec.

That is dangerous. No sugar coating that. That is almost insanity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=p2jCUAU4jVQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dp2jCUAU4jVQ

0:35

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Tbf if I dont get either of my 1st two I dunno what I do.. Although My 2nd is considerably higher points than my first. Should be grand though once I passed maths!
    Even though failing maths isnt an option anymore coz my mam has already thrown out my uniform and schoolbooks etc.

Lol, please life be good to me <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Anything outside my top 2 is just there for the sake of keeping the parents quiet: #1 is 535 points and #2 is 370, I've given myself quite the range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I can't even find 10 level 8 courses that I would actually do as I don't have an interest in science/business/engineering (which make up the bulk of the courses in every college) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I only have medicine down because that's all I want to do. I'll probably be repeating though anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Well if I were you, I'd find a course that is similar to it in first year like for mine, I want to do Aeronautical Engineering in UL but if I don't get the points and I go for lvl 7, I have mechanical engineering in DKIT where I can do first year and then transfer into second in UL as the course is practically the same, same modules, just different examples and equipment.

If you really don't want to do lvl 7's, find a course that has a lower points range at a different college and then you can transfer into second year provided you've done really good in your exams and modules.

Best of luck!

I have 6 level 8's and 4 level 7's

And yet I'd repeat to get my top.

That is dangerous. No sugar coating that. That is almost insanity.

I know I am terrified, but I know iIwouldnt be happy doing any of the level sevens , I honestly think I would repeat first. But you have scared me enough to put down one of two!

I know I am terrified, but I know iIwouldnt be happy doing any of the level sevens , I honestly think I would repeat first. But you have scared me enough to put down one of two!

Its always better to have a fall back and choose to repeat that to be forced to.

Its always better to have a fall back and choose to repeat that to be forced to.

Good point, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Oh my god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Forgot my password for the CAO log-in, sent "Forgot password" memo to e-mail address, forgot my e-mail password as well, sent "Forgot password" of my primary email to my secondary email, and just as I was about to try to log in to my secondary email my laptop died. Is this God telling me that filling in my CAO is a waste of time? :(

SecondMan wrote: »
    Forgot my password for the CAO log-in, sent "Forgot password" memo to e-mail address, forgot my e-mail password as well, sent "Forgot password" of my primary email to my secondary email, and just as I was about to try to log in to my secondary email my laptop died. Is this God telling me that filling in my CAO is a waste of time? :(
    No he's telling you to record your passwords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What do youse think youll go up from the mocks?

Hopefully about a hundred points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

No he's telling you to record your passwords.

Just remembered it :D

Write it down ya fool >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I dont know if I should put down level 7/6 courses or not? :confused:

Why wouldnt you? It literally does no harm to you to have a few down.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I dont know if I should put down level 7/6 courses or not? :confused:

I've none down, only put them down if your going to take them if you get offered them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jaysus, I'm scared I'll go down from the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

yournerd wrote: »
    What do youse think youll go up from the mocks?

At least 70 hopefully (pass maths)

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »
    I've none down, only put them down if your going to take them if you get offered them

Why? I have four down and no intention of taking any of them but it means that on August 19th I have two offers that I can accept or refuse. It dosent cost to have one or two down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement