Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-2013 OT Thread Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Can someone tell me why no trinity degree is there? http://www.kingsinns.ie/website/prospective_students/degree/schedule.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

University of Dublin is Trinity, Trinity is technically just the name of the college but they never got around to expanding it so became just known as Trinity. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

yournerd wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why no trinity degree is there? http://www.kingsinns.ie/website/prospective_students/degree/schedule.htm

University of Dublin is the university. Trinity College is its college. One and only college I think.

Cambridge has many colleges, they're all rather small and together they make up the university. Lucy Cavendish College for example or it's own Trinity College.

omg my heart thank youuu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I had Forestry in WIT down for the lolz but then I felt bad 'cos what if someone who really wanted to do Forestry didn't get it on the first round because of me and had to endure the agonising wait until second round offers? But it seems I can't clear my level 7s completely, once I've started something has to be there so I put in some random science-y course from DIT down which kinda defeated the whole purpose of that exercise. If anyone knows any level 7s that never ever fill up do let me know! :p

• Advertisement

All the level 6/7s I even remotely like are fee paying, and would have to get near full grades to progress on to a University from them. Lot of options if you want to get into science or business though which is pretty good, not so good for arts wasters like moi. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I put down aviation technology as my first choice level 7. I don't even know what it consists of.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

SecondMan wrote: »
    I put down aviation technology as my first choice level 7. I don't even know what it consists of.

TBH I have no idea what my level 6/7 choices are. Applied biology or something? It sounded fancy so I put it down. I have no intention of taking it though. :pac:

The one in DIT?

It looks..extremely boring...and I'm like an aviation nerd :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    The one in DIT?

It looks..extremely boring...and I'm like an aviation nerd :o

Yeah I went to the Engineer's Open Day in the facility beside the airport. Has a fair amount of jet engines available but it didn't interest me at all. Have it as one of my choices for level 7. Aeronautics in UL is my first choice in level 8. If required, I'll repeat to get that course. Luckily there's three other courses I can do in UL and still go on to do Aeronautics in 2nd year :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I screenshoted my CAO list incase they try and screw me over.

The government are out to get me.

Did you post it twice just in case the government tries to delete your posts? :p :pac:

Enda and his boys will be leading a covert operation to change all CAOs to Science and IT courses so we can work as wage slaves for the bourgeois capitalist MNCs which control our economy >_>

andrew369 wrote: »
    Enda and his boys will be leading a covert operation to change all CAOs to Science and IT courses so we can work as wage slaves for the bourgeois capitalist MNCs which control our economy >_>

I for one welcome this move :pac:

Go science and IT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

im all for it if it means jobs for everyone:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I for one welcome this move :pac:

Go science and IT :D

Yay science.
    Boo IT.

woopah92 wrote: »
    Yay science.
    Boo IT.

IT is da shiiit

After Science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

My first 8 choices are of IT or Science origin. Last 2 choices are Arts even though I have no intention of doing Arts.

My first 8 choices are of IT or Science origin. Last 2 choices are Arts even though I have no intention of doing Arts.

I put Law as my #9 simply because my family watched Legally Blonde last night. I think that's alright :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

I have the feeling that i put all the wrong choices on my cao

22.05%2B-%2B21.05%2BFIM%2BDO%2BMUNDO.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Was all for Music in TCD and then just because of a last minute instinct, changed #1 to UCD. It doesn't really matter though because my ultimate first choice isn't part of the CAO. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

22.05%2B-%2B21.05%2BFIM%2BDO%2BMUNDO.png

Hopefully be saying that 14th of August!!

Exams are over. CAO is finished. WHAT DO I DO NOW??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

De-stress and forget about it for the next 6 weeks! :p

Anyone doing the royal irish music orchstra ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone doing the royal irish music orchstra ?

Nope, one of the disadvantages of playing a non-orchestral instrument :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

HPMS wrote: »
    Nope, one of the disadvantages of playing a non-orchestral instrument :(

Nope, one of the disadvantages if not playing any instrument :D
    Ahhhhh the joys of having 0 musical talent/ability

• Advertisement

I'll do it if they accept the triangle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement