Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Style controller

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭

I hate the Dual shock arrangement, could never get along with it, but I don't hate it enough to buy an Xbox One. Curious as if to anyone here uses one of the Xbox style controllers on the PS3 and how they compare in quality/performance to the MS ones.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I hate the Dual shock arrangement, could never get along with it, but I don't hate it enough to buy an Xbox One. Curious as if to anyone here uses one of the Xbox style controllers on the PS3 and how they compare in quality/performance to the MS ones.

There is no comparison - I've tried a few 360 style controllers and they pale in comparison to the MS one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is no comparison - I've tried a few 360 style controllers and they pale in comparison to the MS one.

That's really disappointing. The controller layout is literally the only thing that I've against the playstation 4. There's a market for (I'd imagine the huge number of) switchers like me for a good quality Xbox style pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_cross_battle_adapter_plus.htm
    never used 1 but im sure you can find reviews everywhere, wired or wireless ones available im sure not sure if they will work ps4 but im sure they will be available soon after ps4 release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For me, the problem is the small grip size that force my thumbs to rest on the sticks at the joint. I rather the staggered position too but it's the small size of the Dualshock that makes this even worse. Add to that the sticks are so light and have a huge dead zone compared to the heavier and more precise Xbox sticks.

Thankfully for the DualShock 4, it's bigger and chunkier at the grips so your thumbs fall more naturally over the sticks instead of having to bend them all the time and get cramps like I do. The sticks have more resistance and less of a dead zone now so are much better.

I wish Sony would change the layout. Sega first brought the staggered layout with the Dreamcast, Microsoft used it for the Xbox, Nintendo for the Gamecube, they tried the Sony layout for the classic controller for the Wii and went back to the staggered config for the Pro controller on the WiiU. I'd love if Sony changed too but at least they have finally changed the size and shape of a controller design dating from 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cadete wrote: »
    http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_cross_battle_adapter_plus.htm
    never used 1 but im sure you can find reviews everywhere, wired or wireless ones available im sure not sure if they will work ps4 but im sure they will be available soon after ps4 release

Maybe, but I'd imagine the touch area on the PS4 controllers will mean that hooking up One pads will be a no go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is on display at E3

oSi1MMu.jpg

Love how there are a good few aftermarket 360>PlayStation conversion options and controllers but there are next to no PlayStation>Xbox products. That kind of says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Wait until you try DS4. Everyone who has tried it says it is equally as good as the X1 controller.

Wait until you try DS4. Everyone who has tried it says it is equally as good as the X1 controller.

That's what I have been reading too but some of those who have said that so far say the DS4 is just a comfortable as the DS3, as in they are happy with the DS3.

So long as it's an improvement and actually designed for people who don't have small hands I'll be happy.

I remember when MS released the slightly smaller controller S for Xbox after complaints from the Japanese market over the size of the Xbox controller. I loved the large Xbox controller at the time coming from the Dual Shock 2, I could actually play fps games on a console properly for the first time. I had Timesplitters 2 on the PS2 for weeks and could not get anywhere with it, got it for the Xbox and it was like playing another game. Tried the PS2 again and back to square one, could not hit a bloody thing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Love how there are a good few aftermarket 360>PlayStation conversion options and controllers but there are next to no PlayStation>Xbox products. That kind of says it all really.

dont need em as no1 gonna have an xb1 :cool: in the words of m$ if u dont like ps4 get a 360 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement