Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage issue - please help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

bucky08 wrote: »
    do you think that their will be an issue doing this...

Having the contracts amended to joint names is no issue whatsoever. You'll have a better idea than me whether the bank will have an issue amending the mortgage to joint names.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

not sure if bank would have issue this what issues could arise ??

not sure if bank would have issue this what issues could arise ??

The bank will only have an issue if your partner has a poor credit history, is heavily indebted or has insufficient income and as a result they need to factor in that part of your income will be used to support another adult dependent. If they are working & have a clean credit history you'll have no problems, as you said it was a small mortgage amount so I presume you qualified easily enough on your own.

can't see problem their so thanks very much for taking time to reply with good advice killers... so ill talk with solicitor about this so ...

can't see problem their so thanks very much for taking time to reply with good advice killers... so ill talk with solicitor about this so ...

No probs, best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thats all well and good until ye break up 5+ years down the line and she makes a claim on half of the house as a common law partner.

and i wouldn't mind that as partner is contributing to the mortgage

Advertisement