Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Spots in the City

Options
  • 14-06-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good places?
    Looking for quick enough food on work breaks (I use the brasserie too much :p but along those lines) ... Brunch used to be perfect but not sure if there's anywhere similar in the town anymore ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Poppy's down from the kazbah is still open , nice food , nice staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The Gingerman? Also there used to be a place opposite the Gingerman too, dunno if it's still open.

Kylemore, upstairs in City Square.

Le Blaa maybe.

I would have thought there was a good few places but my mind has gone blank!
    :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The Gingerman? Also there used to be a place opposite the Gingerman too, dunno if it's still open.
    :o:D

Cafe Lucia, very busy little place with lovely food and staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Toastie on Parnell Street is a great place if you want a quick sandwich/toasted roll etc and coffee. Also, the Tea Assembly on Michael Street is a decent lunch option, the only downside being the staff can be quite slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Cafe Lucia, very busy little place with lovely food and staff.

Any estimate on how long food takes there ? Always looks busy in there and I'd be pushed for time but it does look really nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Always looks busy in there and I'd be pushed for time but it does look really nice !

I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to be honest.
    The only problem is the odd time it's so busy you have to wait
    for a table. Sure if that happens you can always pop across to Gingerman,
    nice food there also. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Subway
    Gingerman
    Cafe Lucia (limited menu I feel)

Is the new place opened yet where Brunch was?

Sully wrote: »

Is the new place opened yet where Brunch was?

Not yet. It was due to open on Thursday just gone but I think they have a few setbacks to sort out first. I heard another 3 weeks and they will open.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Pub grub is always good valur in the city =
    Mansion House
    Revolution
    Kazbar
    t&h's
    Gingerman -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Berfranks on the quay is nice too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Revolution, The Gingerman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

I like the Hotel Carvery Lunches.

Was in the Tower Hotel Bar recently.
    Roast of the day was excellent and very good value. Half portion for children and old folk was popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

You will get a pretty generous portion and decent feed in the Granville. Much better value than anywhere in town I believe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had food in the Gingerman yesterday, top notch as usual.

I like the Granville for food, very nice. Often went there for some dinner.

Hmm, the Gingerman, cant say I have ever went there for lunch, so people here would recommend it? Is it your usual sandwiches, soup, panini menu? Thats what I love as long as its done well. I was in the Kazbar for lunch last week and the sandwich size is fairly bad, with only about 3 crisps on the side, poor effort..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

The Brasserie is nice, but I find it just got too expensive. I found it difficult to justify the prices, I love Cafe Lucia but I wish they would expand their menu a bit. If you're not a fan of rabbit food you are going to be disappointed. The Chicken, Bacon and cheese panini + their wedges are unreal.

Hmm, the Gingerman, cant say I have ever went there for lunch, so people here would recommend it? Is it your usual sandwiches, soup, panini menu? Thats what I love as long as its done well. I was in the Kazbar for lunch last week and the sandwich size is fairly bad, with only about 3 crisps on the side, poor effort..

Yup, plus various other lighter options plus bigger meals also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the city centre needs a good place serving out real food ,
    not like the usual places throwing out bits a fancy breads filled with processed meat with a few crisps,greasy wedges or salad leaves to fill up the plate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

b0ardsUser wrote: »
    You will get a pretty generous portion and decent feed in the Granville. Much better value than anywhere in town I believe.

Nice alright, in 1975.

• Advertisement
Advertisement