Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors open on a Saturday

Options
  • 14-06-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭

Any Doctors open on Saturdays in or around the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Any Doctors open on Saturdays in or around the city?

Do you have a GP here? If so try westdoc they may have someone who can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There is a new Dr service open in Galway all day saturday in Nile Lodge in Lower Salthil, its right down from Harkins Photography place. A white bungalow with a nice drive way,this is it : http://www.nilelodge.ie/index.html (a pic of this bungalow was in the ad).

Unfortunately I can't find any details online but there was an ad in the galway indo paper about it around 2 weeks ago. I'll have a look and see if I can find details. Its a female dr and she doesnt take medical cards I dont think .Maybe you can go and knock on the door if you cant find a number.

Another edit : A trawl through the internet later. I think this is the name and number of the Dr : <snip> (PM poster for this info, as it is not completely conclusive.) Worth giving a ring and seeing if thats correct in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Unfortunately I can't find any details online but there was an ad in the galway indo paper about it around 2 weeks ago. I'll have a look and see if I can find details. Its a female dr and she doesnt take medical cards I dont think .Maybe you can go and knock on the door if you cant find a number.

Right paper, wrong timing and type of content:

There's an article on page 45 of this week's Galway Indo about a new service called Weekend Doc. I can't find the article on-line, but it refers to this website: http://www.weekenddoc.com/

As above, Dr Mary McGarry, 11am - 7pm, Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays. Private patients only (this just means that you cannot "pay" with a medical card - anyone is welcome to go there, so long as they pay).

Looks to be in the same premises as the Lower Salthill Medical Centre, but appears to be operating totally separately (same address, different phone number).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Right paper, wrong timing and type of content:

It was in the previous weeks paper too.It wasn't an article,just a small advert with a pic of the house. What was incorrect about the content ? Not trying to be a smart ass but am interested to know what point I'm mistaken on.

Great that there is finally a weekend service for non emergencies though, its been a long time coming. Its so hard to get to a Dr in this city if youre working.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It was in the previous weeks paper too.It wasn't an article,just a small advert with a pic of the house. What was incorrect about the content ? Not trying to be a smart ass but am interested to know what point I'm mistaken on.

Type of content (ad vs "article") - your facts are all spot on according to the article.

I didn't see the ad the previous week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement