Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shift rate issue

Options
  • 14-06-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I'm just looking for a little information on the following if anyone can help.

At the moment i work as part of an electro-mechanical maintenance team in a distribution warehouse. The warehouse is in operation 24hrs a day mon-fri, a morning shift sat and sun. My team is the only department rotating shifts weekly between 6-2, 9-5, 2-10, 10-6 and the sat and sun shift. There are 6 of us on the team covering all these shifts and we recieve no shift allowance or overtime, just our salary, which is terrible by the way.

We want to approach our manager about a shift allowance but not sure what we might be entitled to or what the industry standard rate is.

Any info would be very helpfull,.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mechanix1892

Don't know about the industry rate but you are definitely entitled to a shift allowance. I used to work as a machine operator on a 3 shift cycle e.g. 6-2, 2-10 and 10-6. On average a shift worker should be getting around 25% more than a person working on day rate and this should increase if they worker is on four shifts. In relation to overtime on saturday we used to get time and a half between 6-2 and double time on sunday between 6-2. Hope this gives you some idea, best of luck
    p.s. you could try http://www.citizensinformation.ie

Advertisement