Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Article on iO9 about decoding the mind of Rust.
    http://io9.com/decoding-the-mind-of-true-detectives-rust-cohle-1533685968

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

That scene in Ep.4 where Rust is carrying Ginger throughout all the shootings and carnage was unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

kryogen wrote: »
    Not comparable at all right now, if only for the fact that its in its infancy.
    exactly, i remember when homeland hit our screens the hype was unbelievable, saying itll be the best show ever, and blah blah blah, now im still enjoying it, season 3 was decent enough, just not anywhere near as good as season 1,

the best thing this show has going for it is thats each season is self contained, so as long as the 2 boys dont sign up for a second season, this season will be locked in as a one of the greats of all time, that is if they finish it right, i remember last year when dexter and breaking bad finished within a week of each other, and it really showed what way you'll remember the show by how good or badly you end it,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Stop reading this thread

At the risk of sounding like a dummy, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

don ramo wrote: »
    exactly, i remember when homeland hit our screens the hype was unbelievable, saying itll be the best show ever, and blah blah blah, now im still enjoying it, season 3 was decent enough, just not anywhere near as good as season 1,

off topic but if Homeland had ended at one season it would have been an incredible show with the ending they could have used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Spoilers! This thread assumes you are up to date

yabadabado wrote: »
    off topic but if Homeland had ended at one season it would have been an incredible show with the ending they could have used.

I felt exactly the same way. It was such a cop out. Season two was a complete mess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Because you might find out about the pink buttock th.....oh God, now I've gone and spoiled it for you.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Grimebox wrote: »
    I felt exactly the same way. It was such a cop out. Season two was a complete mess
    the first half of 2 was excellent, but it fell to pieces after that, season 3 was a bit better, a lot more spy related stuff, which i didnt mind, hopefully 4 will be an improvement,

but back on topic, i was reading that the showrunner is hopeful the two boys will come back for another go, he said that they will send them the script and if they like it there more than welcome to return, it will be interesting to see how the show goes over the next few years,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

don ramo wrote: »

the best thing this show has going for it is thats each season is self contained, so as long as the 2 boys dont sign up for a second season, this season will be locked in as a one of the greats of all time, that is if they finish it right, i remember last year when dexter and breaking bad finished within a week of each other, and it really showed what way you'll remember the show by how good or badly you end it,

Ah Homeland, if there was ever an advert for should have stuck with the original idea and just did one season! it was Homeland, watched it to the end alright, but it would have been fantastic if they ended it after 1 season instead of dragging it out and ruining it a little. (I think I had feelings of hatred for the show and certain characters/plot lines/holes by the end in fact, I just had to see it out at that stage)

If they had done one season, ended it "the other way" it would go down as classic tv for all time imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Watched 5 episodes so far. Great stuff. Rewatching the earlier episodes on Sky Atlantic. Its fantastic to pick up little things that seemed irrelevant and passed me by, as well as getting to hear Cohle's quotes again(I love the one at the end of ep 2, when Cohle talks about his hallucinations, and he closes the episode by saying "Other times, I felt like I was mainlining the secret truth of the universe")

Also, did anyone else pick up Marty's father in laws comment that seemed pretty harmless, when he was walking around the garden with Marty? He was chatting with Marty about the new generations behaviour.
    He said something along the lines of, "Kids these days go around dressed all in black, with their faces covered. Everything is sex."

Quite relevant, when looking back after what
    Marty's daughter got up to later in the series.

IanOBo wrote: »
    Watched 5 episodes so far. Great stuff. Rewatching the earlier episodes on Sky Atlantic. Its fantastic to pick up little things that seemed irrelevant and passed me by, as well as getting to hear Cohle's quotes again(I love the one at the end of ep 2, when Cohle talks about his hallucinations, and he closes the episode by saying "Other times, I felt like I was mainlining the secret truth of the universe")

Also, did anyone else pick up Marty's father in laws comment that seemed pretty harmless, when he was walking around the garden with Marty? He was chatting with Marty about the new generations behaviour.
    He said something along the lines of, "Kids these days go around dressed all in black, with their faces covered. Everything is sex."

Quite relevant, when looking back after what
    Marty's daughter got up to later in the series.

Marty echoes him even further when he tries to talk to her about it over dinner. Marty openly admits he doesn't understand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

does anybody know where I can watch the first episode of this? I missed it when it aired on sky atlantic and im raging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

sonic85 wrote: »
    does anybody know where I can watch the first episode of this? I missed it when it aired on sky atlantic and im raging

Kickass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Any place I could watch live stream tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the latest episode. Harrelson got a good role. First Alexandra Daddario and now Lili Simmons. Lili certainly isn't shy anyway, with this and Banshee.

And what a b!tch Marty's wife is. She could've just said she slept with a stranger but nope! Then lies to the modern detectives about something that may have helped him and made the cops les suspicious about his reason for quitting.

Looks like Eli wasn't involved after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

The video was very disturbing, reminded me of the Blair Witch project. This article does a good job of filling in the blanks from previous episodes. http://www.pajiba.com/true_detective/true-detective-recap-theories-and-answers-after-episode-7-after-youve-gone.php

With 1 episode to go, it's set up very nicely for a great conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

is that our boy in the closing scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wow that was incredible - really enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    is that our boy in the closing scene?

The guy with the scars, yeah it could be but he was the caretaker at the school in the first few episodes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just finished episode 5 and I'll watch 6 & 7 later.
    Episode 4 for me was the beat thing I have ever watched and 5 wasn't too shabby either.
    They have all been excellent.
    Worried about it coming to the end,big time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Excellent episode.
    Some good lines in it
    Rust-Hope the old lady was wrong
    may not be exact words.
    Later on
    Marty- Yeah get the jump leads

I love the return of the creepy music when Marty and Cohle are in the storage unit. Same music that played when Cohle was grilling Tuttle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

now that's how you do a penultimate episode. it was fantastic from start to finish. have an awful feeling that both Marty and Rust are not going to live happily ever after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

ricero wrote: »
    now that's how you do a penultimate episode. it was fantastic from start to finish. have an awful feeling that both Marty and Rust are not going to live happily ever after

Nope..me neither, I was getting the Twin Peaks feeling all through this one. The conspiracy is deep and we man are but an empty bottle of beer upon an ocean of missed directions (sorry for putting words in our Oscar winners mouth).
    Nice to see law enforcement interrogation techniques moving on from pliers and a blowtorch. Progress there. Moving with the current as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

This show is sooo good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mc Love wrote: »
    The guy with the scars, yeah it could be but he was the caretaker at the school in the first few episodes!
    Was his face covered when we saw him first? Don't remember him having scars.

Some fantastic music on the show...here's a list of all the songs in each episode if anyone's interested http://www.tunefind.com/show/true-detective/season-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Was his face covered when we saw him first? Don't remember him having scars.

Some fantastic music on the show...here's a list of all the songs in each episode if anyone's interested http://www.tunefind.com/show/true-detective/season-1
    Had a beard

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Had a beard

Ah ok I need to rewatch it I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Had a beard

And now has a cemetery somewhere in the middle of nowhere to mow. If I were a serial killer and I wanted to plant my dead. Well....where else ?

Advertisement