Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ixoy wrote: »
    Great job here with the video - not showing us, but letting us Marty's reaction and letting us infer.
    Same again with the microwave scene (which makes me feel queasy even though I didn't see a thing).
    In fact the episode as a whole had me feeling uneasy a number of times, from the scenes there to the ramblings about Carcosa and the general music / ambience.
    Looking forward to the finale but I've a nasty feeling that, actors intentions aside, there's going to be no way for them to be in a second season.

HBO has yet to officially announce that True Detective that there will be a second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If the creator/writer doesnt feel he can do a second season justice then I hope it is left at this one, but I think there will certainly be a second season. HBO not announcing anything official wouldnt worry me at all. It is well known its an anthology series with different cast/story each season, it is possible they are in talks with cast/writers and waiting for things to be signed off before officially announcing the second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Great job here with the video - not showing us, but letting us Marty's reaction and letting us infer.
    Same again with the microwave scene (which makes me feel queasy even though I didn't see a thing).
    In fact the episode as a whole had me feeling uneasy a number of times, from the scenes there to the ramblings about Carcosa and the general music / ambience.

Got a real "8mm" vibe from the video scene, very disturbing

johndoe99 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30onwXme1ws

at 6:20

he's asked about season 2, McConaughey says thats it, theres no season 2 or if there is, he won't be in it.

He doesn’t say there is no season 2 , just that season 1 is finite and he’s done.
    Eod100 wrote: »
    There's some interesting stuff in this: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/27/true-detective-nic-pizzolatto-season-1/

Ep 8 preview, got goosebumps from watching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORrGrQrFtk#t=1

Googles Satanism,preschool & Louisiana post haste...

Such a brilliant episode, talk about cutting right to the chase in terms of the modern day investigation, almost a full episode of just Rust and Marty, the two of them sitting across a table from each other talking like Alas Smith and Jones would be a show in itself.
    Interesting that the two black cops appear to be legit and not part of the bigger cover up as was suspected…where the interviews of Cohle, Hart and his wife all instigated by Rust’s appearance as one of the modern murder scenes or does someone high up want him frame for the murders to shut him up….also, was Errol’s directions accurate or is he leading them down to a cabin to get butcher by the Wyatt Family or something.
    Strange that there is no appearances by either of Marty white hot honeys Lisa and Beth, either murdered by any chance? Also wondering if Beth, after years of abuse / brainwashing by the cult via the brothel, was sent to seduce him in ’02, maybe they thought it would distract him so they could concentrate on his daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

kryogen wrote: »
    If the creator/writer doesnt feel he can do a second season justice then I hope it is left at this one, but I think there will certainly be a second season. HBO not announcing anything official wouldnt worry me at all. It is well known its an anthology series with different cast/story each season, it is possible they are in talks with cast/writers and waiting for things to be signed off before officially announcing the second season.

The writer is working on Season Two I believe - I'm sure HBO are just waiting for the season to finish to re-order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

D-FENS wrote: »
    Strange that there is no appearances by either of Marty white hot honeys Lisa and Beth, either murdered by any chance? Also wondering if Beth, after years of abuse / brainwashing by the cult via the brothel, was sent to seduce him in ’02, maybe they thought it would distract him so they could concentrate on his daughter

Marty says to Cohle that the relationship with Beth didn't last and shouldn't have ever happened. I really doubt anything happened to them nor will we see them again. They have served their purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

This show is some of the best written television I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would heartedly agree. The best thing I have seen recently. The casting and cinematography is fantastic. Started to warm towards Mcconaughey after seeing killer joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Grimebox wrote: »
    Marty says to Cohle that the relationship with Beth didn't last and shouldn't have ever happened. I really doubt anything happened to them nor will we see them again. They have served their purpose.

Yeah, you’re likely right, certainly for Lisa. Just thought the fact that Beth was from the brothel, that possibly had connections to the cult, was a weird coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

wasn't Rust very aggressive with Maggie when she visited the bar? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hitchens wrote: »
    wasn't Rust very aggressive with Maggie when she visited the bar? :eek:

Yup, it's probably nothing but what did Rust mean by saying “It never sat right with me then, and it doesn’t now, you asking me to lie to you about him'' ? Also how did she track him down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Yup, it's probably nothing but what did Rust mean by saying “It never sat right with me then, and it doesn’t now, you asking me to lie to you about him'' ? Also how did she track him down?

I felt he was referring to when she asked him if Marty was cheating and he lied and said no to her.

But, you can't really rule anything out in this show, every detail is important.

weemcd wrote: »
    I felt he was referring to when she asked him if Marty was cheating and he lied and said no to her.

But, you can't really rule anything out in this show, every detail is important.

Yeah was thinking that. Found this which pretty much says the same and how it ties in with Maggie asking Rust if Marty was going to be okay:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/03/true-detective-review-after-youve-gone-episode-107.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Kinda assume anyone reading is up to date on latest episode.. If people want to go in to the last episode without watching/ seeing speculation on a preview maybe this isn't the best place for them? Have went back and highlighted it but not sure everyone else has been sticking to the spoiler rule but am happy to oblige!
    from the forum charter
    • Just to be completely clear on the use of spoilers:
      - If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.
      - If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
      - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)
      - Links to interviews, show news etc. are OK (people can decide on whether or not to click them).
      - Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK in the TV forum (people can decide whether or not to watch them).
      - Bear in mind that some show-specific forums in the TV category have their own rules about where promo clips can be posted. Please check their charter if you are not sure.

don ramo wrote: »
    from the forum charter

• - Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK in the TV forum (people can decide whether or not to watch them).

That seems to be the only relevant bit but doesn't say anything about spoilers re discussing these clips but like I said happy to put in tags if people want to completely avoid any discussion of previews..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

That seems to be the only relevant bit but doesn't say anything about spoilers re discussing these clips but like I said happy to put in tags if people want to completely avoid any discussion of previews..

johndoe99 wrote: »
    In the youtube video
    he has his rifle aimed at the Sheriff. So i guess he's helping Rust and Marty or he followed them.
    videos are perfectly fine, like it says people have a choice to watch it or not, but im assuming this is the post opr complained about, openly discussing whats in the video is the issue,

the forum is here for everyone to enjoy, and not be spoiler-ed about any upcoming event, ive now read that comment and have been spoiled as to what was in the preview which i am very unhappy about,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I want to completely avoid spoilers, including what's in previews. Put it in spoiler tags that clearly indicate it's a spoiler too - some people put the latest episode in spoiler tags meaning it's difficult to know what's for the most recent episode and genuine spoilers for upcoming.

As don ramo said below, there was one post that actually discussed the content of the video and that just annoyed me as it immediately builds up a scene in my head and how certain events must now play out rather than letting me find out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Ep.6 & 7 were not as explosive as previous episodes but still v.enjoyable. I saw someone somewhere describe ep.7 as laying out the tablecloth for the big finale. While I did really enjoy the last two episodes, they don't compare with ep. 4 and 5, in my opinion. Still intriguing, nonetheless. I tell yeah though, when I watched that trailer for the finale....I think it is going to satisfy my needs and top any episode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

The scars would have healed over time.

If he got them when he was a child and they lasted until adulthood I don't see why they would suddenly start healing at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I also avoid previews and trailers as much as I can, they give far too much away. The last two episodes have moved a lot slower but that doesn't bother me, I'm still on the edge of my seat for most of it. Russ has decided that after they solve this case he's gonna take his own life which makes me think that he will sacrifice himself to save Marty in the final episode.

I am very disappointed with the degree of scaring on that guys face, I was expecting him to be a monster. Also I hope the final episode isn't all about the grounds keeper they better bring down the whole conspiracy or at the very least try to take it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

i don't even know what to say..

such a travesty that there is only one more episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Is it possible that the grounds keeper got plastic surgery of some sort to mask the scars? It would explain why he no longer needed the beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Leftist wrote: »
    i don't even know what to say..

such a travesty that there is only one more episode.

Look on the bright side, it's unlikely one of them will end up being a lumberjack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Is it possible that the grounds keeper got plastic surgery of some sort to mask the scars? It would explain why he no longer needed the beard.
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Effects wrote: »
    No.

Why not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why not ?

Judging by how Reggie Ledoux and Dewall Ledoux liked to live and present themselves, I doubt plastic surgery is on their list of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Judging by how Reggie Ledoux and Dewall Ledoux liked to live and present themselves, I doubt plastic surgery is on their list of priorities.
    its doubtful alright just wondering why the poster ruled it out completely.The caretaker isn't a Ledoux, is he not one of the tuttle's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Well it's been 17 years since the Dora Lange murder, that's quite a while for the scars to heal.

• Advertisement

Probably not but that was in '95. Since then the Tuttles may have fixed that, covering up their tracks.
    Having said that it's more likely it's healed because, as you say, they appear to revel in the chaos.

Advertisement