Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Lirange wrote: »
    Something I've been wondering about... I love Michelle Monaghan as an actress but why doesn't she have a southern accent? Her lack of one seems to jar with everyone else. Not that I'm complaining much. It's nice to have at least a few clearly spoken lines on this show. :o

Because she's not from the South?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Because she's not from the South?
    Her family in the show are, maybe she's not good at accents. I prefer it like this than having her make a poor attempt at the accent.

Either way it's a minor quibble and hasn't impacted on my enjoyment of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Miprocin wrote: »
    Her family in the show are, maybe she's not good at accents. I prefer it like this than having her make a poor attempt at the accent.

Either way it's a minor quibble and hasn't impacted on my enjoyment of the show.

The director said she spent her teenage years youth hosteling through Europe with Chris Eubank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Miprocin wrote: »

Are you sure your watching True Detective .?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

Despite all my specs I'm more interested in what happens to Rust and Marty than whodunnit or their fckd up motives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Despite all my specs I'm more interested in what happens to Rust and Marty than whodunnit or their fckd up motives.

That is the intention of the show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Same, I get the feeling that they won't be riding off into the sunset either

• Registered Users Posts: 35 medikate

Im thinking Senator Eddie Tuttle, that took out the rev (see pic) from ep1 after cohl found his stash, is the Giant and possibly the Yellow King/the ringleader as such, but it goes bigger than the senator even. The Tuttles being the family that go back generations into the bayou "providing" for "the place where richmen come to devil worship" (carcosa)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

medikate wrote: »
    Im thinking Senator Eddie Tuttle (see pic) from ep1 is the Giant and possibly the Yellow King/the ringleader as such, but it goes bigger than the senator even. The Tuttles being the family that go back generations into the bayou "providing" for "the place where richmen come to devil worship" (carcosa)

Thats not Eddie Tutle, that is Rev. Tutle that rust confronts in 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

also why time is it on at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Raf32 wrote: »
    also why time is it on at?

For us here in Ireland 2am I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The next person to ask about or mention streaming sites will get an infraction. Please read the charter.

For us here in Ireland 2am I think?

They normally go up to download about 3.30 am so that sounds about right to me

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Like everyone here, I'm counting down to the last episode, but am also wondering what acting tour de force could possibly step in for series two? With a bar set so high I'd be thinking levels like Denzel Washington off the top of my head. With it being so successful, season two will have a lot to live up too.

Christian Bale would be perfect for season 2 imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

id like to see bale, whalberg, Sean Penn or downey Jr. I hope they don't go for two female leads. i must say i am more interested in where the setting while be next season. the setting of south Louisiana in this series was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Raf32 wrote: »
    Christian Bale would be perfect for season 2 imo

If they could afford him. They probably could. That would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Do you think there'll be high-profile actors in season 2? Kinda assumed they wouldn't be as well known..

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I'd love to see ed Norton do it, great actor! And if they go for a female, someone like Jessica Chastain!

Can't wait for this last episode! Time went forward here last night, so it is probably on earlier in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Mr E wrote: »
    The next person to ask about or mention streaming sites will get an infraction. Please read the charter.

Hi

• Advertisement

Hi

They won't be lovely forever, Ted? :pac:

ricero wrote: »
    id like to see bale, whalberg, Sean Penn or downey Jr. I hope they don't go for two female leads. i must say i am more interested in where the setting while be next season. the setting of south Louisiana in this series was perfect

NNOOOOOooo. Any Wahlberg - nooooo.

Michael Shannon, now you're talking.

Sean Penn could be amazing actually. Great choice.

Would love to see Gary Oldman get a crack at a season too.

Fassbender?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Sean Penn and Mark Ruffalo would do me nicely.

Finale in two hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Yeah .watched a few episodes of this.started slow.expected it to get going.but it sort of never did.shame considering the actor involved.looked promising but never delivered

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Yeah .watched a few episodes of this.started slow.expected it to get going.but it sort of never did.shame considering the actor involved.looked promising but never delivered

url-17.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Really looking forward to the finale. Have a feeling it could be a 'Seven' type mindblower of an ending given the subject matter until now. Just hope it lives up to the quality thus far.

• Advertisement

I propose a ban on revealing anything about the episode openly until 8pm tomorrow night, when I will finally have watched it after I get out of my work prison :)

Advertisement