Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

mewe wrote: »
    Why try and be smart? In fairness ya answered a question ya weren't even asked in the first place.

I'd go along with what NegativeCreep said Irish94 but for me it doesn't really matter how the dog was killed. I'd say when he was lookin at the boy he wasn't so much uneasy but more like he was imagining what he would like to do to him, ie. something deranged no doubt.

It wasn't an attempt to be smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Why did the cult leave the original murder victim women out in the open to find?
    When there was a trail back from her to Ledoux?

If Marty and Rust had not field-liquidated ledoux and his buddie back in 1995
    and pinned the murder on his dead corpse without any actual evidence he actually did the killing they could have should have blown the network open Christ even
    if they had followed up on his acquaintance it should have led to Carcosa

Then in 2002 A suspect in another case offers up the "yellow king" to Rust
    Rust slaps him about and falls to interrogate or protect him probably and the grass subsequently meets mr mayhem before rust gets his act together

So Rust and Marty get their man in 2012 SEVENTEEN years later and DOZENS of victims later

It should be called incompetent Detective

The two of those twats should be done for gross negligence and sent up to the Angola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

^^^^

Jaysus, lad. It's a tv show, chillax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Why did the cult leave the original murder victim women out in the open to find?When there was a trail back from her to Ledoux?

I'm not sure if it's explicitly stated but I think it's the case that the Dora Lange sacrifice/murder and others like it (with spiral symbols/deer antlers etc.) were solely carried out by Errol whereas the abduction/drugging of young children like Marie Fontenot were undertaken by the Ledouxs and Errol on behalf of the cult (the masked men) so that they could have their way with them.The middlemen they use to do their dirty work also provide another shield for them from their heinous activities. In the end, all of the crimes get put on Ledoux and Errol.

Errol wants his sacrifices to be seen (he wants to leave his 'mark') whereas the cult obviously wish to keep their monstrous behaviour private hence the insistence on the need to set up a special taskforce to bury any connection to the Tuttles and whoever else is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Only just hit me there won't be another episode to watch tomorrow :( Ah man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Anyone reckon Marty and the wife reconciled? She had the wedding ring on when they visited him in hospital near the end. Also showed some concern for for him seeking out Rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Eod100 wrote: »
    Only just hit me there won't be another episode to watch tomorrow :( Ah man!

I wish there was an alternative final episode to make up for last weeks disappointing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I wish there was an alternative final episode to make up for last weeks disappointing one.

796.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Brilliant. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Why did the cult leave the original murder victim women out in the open to find?
    When there was a trail back from her to Ledoux?

If Marty and Rust had not field-liquidated ledoux and his buddie back in 1995
    and pinned the murder on his dead corpse without any actual evidence he actually did the killing they could have should have blown the network open Christ even
    if they had followed up on his acquaintance it should have led to Carcosa

Then in 2002 A suspect in another case offers up the "yellow king" to Rust
    Rust slaps him about and falls to interrogate or protect him probably and the grass subsequently meets mr mayhem before rust gets his act together

So Rust and Marty get their man in 2012 SEVENTEEN years later and DOZENS of victims later

The two of those twats should be done for gross negligence and sent up to the Angola

If only you could apply this same reasoning to your critiques of The Walking Dead :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

royster999 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Marty and the wife reconciled? She had the wedding ring on when they visited him in hospital near the end. Also showed some concern for for him seeking out Rust.

Given that he was shown eating microwaved meals alone, and browsing some internet dating site, I'm going to go with no. The wedding ring she was wearing was different to the one in 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

royster999 wrote: »

In the interview with the daughter posted a few pages back, she said Michelle Monaghans character remarried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

jenjenten wrote: »

Love those articles.

"Will Brad Pitt be in Season 2? The Truth Revealed!"

Then you read the article and the 'revealed truth' is 'maybe'.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Love those articles.

"Will Brad Pitt be in Season 2? The Truth Revealed!"

Then you read the article and the 'revealed truth' is 'maybe'.

:rolleyes:

Good work Detective!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

jenjenten wrote: »

Aw man, I would love to see Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman together again, tracking another serial killer!

I guess, realistically, Freeman's too old to do it now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Joaquin Phoenix could be a good choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Joaquin Phoenix could be a good choice

Jake Gylenhall would be an excellent choice too. Prisoners was such a disturbing movie, we often forget how good the performances were.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Overall a decent series. Nothing exceptional. Far too much straining to try and make out the dialogue. Some very poor diction, particularly from Russ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Jake Gylenhall would be an excellent choice too. Prisoners was such a disturbing movie, we often forget how good the performances were.

Yeah,couldn't agree more.He played a great role in that movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Aw man, I would love to see Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman together again, tracking another serial killer!

I guess, realistically, Freeman's too old to do it now, though.

Plus, I can no longer listen to him without thinking of tittie sprinkles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

"S2 will be about hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system"

Hopefully Brad is going to be a train driver and someone more reliable will play the leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

D-FENS wrote: »
    "S2 will be about hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system"

Hopefully Brad is going to be a train driver and someone more reliable will play the leads.

That line kinda suggests there might be two female leads, that's if the series continues with the format of basically having two main characters, with the rest being mostly in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't mind seeing Ed Norton in season 2. He needs something with a bit of meat on to reinvigorate his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I wouldn't mind seeing Ed Norton in season 2. He needs something with a bit of meat on to reinvigorate his career.

Its one of them shows big names would be happy to appear on, plus with it being only 8 episodes and no need for them to appear in more then one season it wont eat into films or other projects much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Rob Schneider and Jackie Chan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Grimebox wrote: »
    Rob Schneider and Jackie Chan

Rob will be busy filming the new series of Downton Abbey so unlikely to be able to commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Just get Jim Carey in from his tenure as the Pet Detective and find out how that dog was murdered in the final episode! I'ts ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Evening Herald is voting for Brad and George Clooney. On a serious level, I think too much star wattage could kill it. I'd rather an animated version with Beavis and Butthead (two of the finest unemployable young actors I know). That'd confuse ye.

Advertisement