Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Jeff Bridges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'd really like to see Ed Norton too. Haven't seen him in anything decent in ages. Or they could go the route of American Horror Story and cast some actor/actress from way back to introduce to a new generation like they did with Jessica Lange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

John Goodman & Laurence Fishburne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

• Advertisement

I dont think he's ever been tested as an actor before, correct me if Im wrong. Barton Fink and The Big Lebowski weren't challenging roles

Paul Dano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Josh Brolin would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I dont think he's ever been tested as an actor before, correct me if Im wrong. Barton Fink and The Big Lebowski weren't challenging roles

He had a small but good good role in the West Wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Good role in Season 1 of Treme too

• Advertisement

Josh Brolin would be good
    hes like a younger American version of Gary Oldman

He's not a method actor but he has serious screen presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

hes like a younger American version of Gary Oldman

Get gary oldman in hes a top man

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I dont think he's ever been tested as an actor before, correct me if Im wrong.
    He got some decent work in the fourth season of 'Damages' that would give me confidence.

I think Edward Norton could also work well in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Paul Dano

Ooooh yeah I'd love to see Dano in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

No way I'd want to see Larry Fishbourne in it, he doesn't play a detective well in Hannibal, and was rubbish in the "investigative" role in CSI too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Is it definitely going to be two blokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

evilivor wrote: »
    Is it definitely going to be two blokes?

I wouldn't put a bet on it tbh,As some else said a few post back.
    "S2 will be about hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system"

Its quite possible it could be two female leads,everything is just speculation atm.I'm sure it'll be revealed during the summer or something.

On a side note, to think i only found out about the show from browsing the boards Television forum.I didnt even watch the trailer,just saw the two names and jumped right in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I wouldn't put a bet on it tbh,As some else said a few post back.

Its quite possible it could be two female leads,everything is just speculation atm.I'm sure it'll be revealed during the summer or something.

On a side note, to think i only found out about the show from browsing the boards Television forum.I didnt even watch the trailer,just saw the two names and jumped right in.

I'd say some legend of a person told you to watch it myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Paul Dano is a great shout, although probably not "hollywood" enough to follow on for McConaughy and Harrelson, would be great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Thought he was brilliant in Treme. He'd be a good choice but I doubt if they'd go for him to be honest.

No way I'd want to see Larry Fishbourne in it, he doesn't play a detective well in Hannibal, and was rubbish in the "investigative" role in CSI too.

He was excellent playing a sleazy southern sheriff in Just Cause

He's not a method actor but he has serious screen presence.
    maybe I havent seen enough of his roles, I find he tends to rely on his presence and shouting alot, have been watching Community season 3 and he's quite mellow in it, comedies arent the best gauge of acting chops tho

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Paul Dano is a great shout, although probably not "hollywood" enough to follow on for McConaughy and Harrelson, would be great though.

thats why Brad Pitt seems like it will happen, but he just seems like Brad Pitt in everything he does. nearly always a handsome charismatic character with charm

it will be interesting to see how he ages and the roles he'll play in 20 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I never really rated Brad Pitt as a great actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I never really rated Brad Pitt as a great actor.

At times he doesn't pick great movies but I think he's a decent actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

At times he doesn't pick great movies but I think he's a decent actor.

"adjective - Decent
    conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behaviour."

"adjective - Great
    of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above average."

YOU ****ING PRICK :pac:

Ps sorry No Payday 2 tonight. Have to get drunk xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pitt has shown me enough over the years that I would call him a great actor, he has had some lemons alright, but the talent is there. He could be a good shout to be involved but I wouldnt bet on it personally

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What's all this talk of big names? We could be suprised and get two perfectly adequate TV actors..

.. Blair Underwood & Terry O'Quinn anyone.. anyone?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Watched the last ep of TD last night, Christ almighty, should've ended it at least 20minutes earlier.
    Apart from that it was fantastic, but that scene with Rust smoking outside the hospital what an utter load of sanctimonious crap.
    I was really surprised by it, usually HBO know how to end a series, but that was just terrible.

Advertisement