Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This guy has put together some good montages before. Here's one for this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

Rob Kazinsky and Rami Malek would be my first choice to star in the next series. If not them, then Kyle Chandler and Jon Bernthal would make a good duo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

No way I'd want to see Larry Fishbourne in it, he doesn't play a detective well in Hannibal

Possibly because he’s not a detective, he’s an FBI Special Agent-in-Charge / Head of Behavioral Sciences
    I’m not a big fan of his and don't want to see him in TD either, but he’s pretty decent in Hannibal

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Dermighty wrote: »
    At the end of episode 3 (I think) when they show the cook walking through the field with the gas mask and machete I was genuinely filled with a sense of dread I haven't felt in a long time.
    Great show!

1239425_656319574410053_1643867432_n.jpg

This scared the bejesus out of me as well and it begs the question, who is the viewer? We don't see that same shot in episode 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I think Walton Goggins would be epic in season two!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Wouldn't mind seeing a guy girl combo for the leads in the next one maybe a bit of sexual chemistry that really was lacking between Woody and Matty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wouldn't mind seeing a guy girl combo for the leads in the next one maybe a bit of sexual chemistry that really was lacking between Woody and Matty.

You didn't pick up on the homo-erotic undertones to the car scenes and that sauna scene?

No?

Was that just me?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

maybe a bit of sexual chemistry that really was lacking between Woody and Matty.
    I really really hope not. I'm sick of "will they / won't they" rubbish that must always happen in US shows where a man and woman work together closely. It's clichéd as hell and "True Detective" should be better than that.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You didn't pick up on the homo-erotic undertones to the car scenes and that sauna scene?

No?

Was that just me?

Agh ya how could I forget that "sauna scene" thank god woody didnt drop his water bottle thats all I can say.

ixoy wrote: »
    I really really hope not. I'm sick of "will they / won't they" rubbish that must always happen in US shows where a man and woman work together closely. It's clichéd as hell and "True Detective" should be better than that.

I wouldn't have to be a will they won't they scenario the opening scene could be an awkward morning after or the like.

The bridge managed to pull it off very well although that was fairly platonic really.

edit: meant the tunnel not the bridge as I haven't seen it, I know they are basically the same tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

what's the sauna scene? i forget

weemcd wrote: »
    what's the sauna scene? i forget

its a product of anonoboys over active imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

its a product of anonoboys over active imagination.

Under mature recollection I might have fantasised imagined that scene.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

ixoy wrote: »

I agree. I think The X-Files is a good example of a show that went downhill once they decided to make Mulder and Scully a couple. The early seasons when their relationship is more platonic and they played off each other as opposites were much better. The plot was much more focused on the things that made the show great - conspiracies, paranoia, tension between the unwavering belief of Mulder and the sceptical nature of Scully, monsters, UFOs, etc. Once they introduced the romantic element, the show kind of lost its way, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus no way should they have a romantic element. If anything it needs more of the likes of Marty's locker room banter like getting the finger stuck up his arse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

That was grand, last ep was delightfully random to a point.
    I would like to see some ebony/ivory action in season 2 maybe Brad Pitt and Will Smith that kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Don Cheadle & Emma Thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd love to see Russell Crowe in series 2, (yes I know it won't happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I'd love to see Russell Crowe in series 2, (yes I know it won't happen).

With Guy Pearce? That would be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Don Cheadle & Emma Thompson

Now you're talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

groovie wrote: »
    With Guy Pearce? That would be something.

Yeah they were great in LA Confidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Don Cheadle will be busy, he's *still* doing house of lies for at least another season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Good read:

http://litreactor.com/columns/footnotes-true-detective

Footnotes: The Weird, Horrific Birthplace of 'True Detective'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Also: Kate Mara and Ellen Page rumored to be the stars of the next season.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/596179-true-detective-season-2-rumors-speculate-that-kate-mara-ellen-page-in-it/

miralize wrote: »
    Don Cheadle will be busy, he's *still* doing house of lies for at least another season.
    I didnt know he was in that, cool I have something new to watch!

Amazingfun wrote: »
    dated april 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

There are very few actors I absolutely detest, Ellen Page is one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I didnt know he was in that, cool I have something new to watch!

Just FYI incase, House of Lies , not Cards! :P

Advertisement