Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

yabadabado wrote: »
    I was hoping they would show every episode at 2am like they did with GoT.

They are showing the new episode at 2 am. The "Today" on the link above is Sunday. If you change it to "Tomorrow" aka Monday morning, you'll see True Detective at 2 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

**** ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Not sure how to feel about that,
    Velcoro was the wild card in the story for me and most interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks like they are getting writing advice from
    GRR Martin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

and with that i am done with this series

Future spoilers beyond episode two:
    Promo shots and images released show Farrell is in a lot more scenes. He probably got shot with rubber bullets. I'm glad he's not dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Future spoilers beyond episode two:
    Promo shots and images released show Farrell is in a lot more scenes. He probably got shot with rubber bullets. I'm glad he's not dead.

True and
    when he was shot for a second time in the stomach (and not the head) at close range with a shotgun, there was no blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is he definitely dead?Any chance he wearing a protective vest and could live?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

While I was probably more invested in his character, I'm not sure having him survive two shots from a shot gun is a good move.
    Even if they were "blanks" that was a shot to the gut at pointblank range. It's gonna do a lot of damage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

LOL it was just a dream sequence💀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

LOL it was just a dream sequence💀

I hope that you just didnt deliberately spoil this show for people like a complete prat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That was a great episode. I was honestly just captivated for the whole thing and what an ending!

This is just making me want to rewatch the first season again too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wow! That was a great episode, slow burner but burst into flames towards the end.
    I really hope Ray isn't dead but hard to imagine he survived it.I think we all guessed once we saw the mirror on the door he opened that someone would sneak up on him. I was praying he was wearing a bulletproof vest but the second shot to the gut could spell the end. I want to believe he isn't gone but it's hard to. I imagine there will be flashbacks with him so he isn't gone completely. The only thing that makes me feel he survived somehow is because of how much they are building his relationship with his family, Vince and the whole corruption thing, but I could be wrong

Also
    Vaughn is starting to show how dangerous he is, I can't wait for the inevitable scene where he loses his ****. Very like Kingpin in my eyes

Cracking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What the absolute fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

There's a spoiler warning in the title lads. No need to spoiler everything.

He's a character that could do a whole lot plot wise, and is easily the most interesting. Hopefully birdman was shooting beanie bags or rock salt or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Ya would be very surprised if that's the end of him prob rock salt or something. Another very good episode Vaughn really stole the show this week with the opening scene being particularly good.

His pillow talk leaves a lot to be desired tho lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭golfball37

Didn't feel the story progressed at all in the second episode. Very slow for me. Ending was a surprise but 100% convinced he will survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Hmmm...if there are going to be spoilers of future episodes then I'm bowing out of the thread. I don't like to know whats coming up in these types of shows.

It's an interesting show but its a bit cluttered at the moment. I think they need to be ok with leaving a character out of an episode so that they leave other characters time to develop.

I'm not sure about the whole, dialogue, highway shots, dialogue, highway shots thing. Its a bit grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

brevity wrote: »
    Hmmm...if there are going to be spoilers of future episodes then I'm bowing out of the thread. I don't like to know whats coming up in these types of shows.

It's an interesting show but its a bit cluttered at the moment. I think they need to be ok with leaving a character out of an episode so that they leave other characters time to develop.

I'm not sure about the whole, dialogue, highway shots, dialogue, highway shots thing. Its a bit grating.

Could'nt agree more :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Future episodes will just fill in the gaps from a flashback perspective surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Anyone else find the chief (wrong title, but the guy always drinking, looking for 10k from VV?) painful to look at. It's as if he's trying to over do every facial expression

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone watching this on sky Atlantic hear the voice over at the end? Seems to be a little spoiler in it me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

delaney001 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the chief (wrong title, but the guy always drinking, looking for 10k from VV?) painful to look at. It's as if he's trying to over do every facial expression

I thought he was trying to do Brando.

It would be great if spoilers for future episodes were not mentioned. I mean, the above user didn't even give a warning about it. Bad form altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hmm, don't like that. If he's not dead, it's a bit stupid as I can't see someone surviving that, and if he is dead, he's probably the best actor and character gone. I can't take Vaughn seriously at all

what house / place was Farrell's character in at the end of the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

glasso wrote: »

Claspers second house where he takes whores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Why were people giving out about Colin Farrell's accent last week?.I think its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

glasso wrote: »
    Frank met the girl at the nightclub - she told him that she met Casper at this address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Such a boring episode only saved by a cliffhanger ending.

Advertisement