Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

fruvai wrote: »
    That Russian has a quare Kerry twang :pac:

Yeah, I can only hear a Kerry accent each time he speaks.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Well that was something else, so intense from the first minute to the last.

glasso wrote: »
    . seems a bit predictable tho that the amy adams character will end up falling for Farrell's character in a true way.
    Somehow I don't see that happening :D

well it did! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Much better, but that wouldn't have been hard given what's gone before in this series.

Still, at least it's picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Shame about the dull first three episodes.

Has picked up enormously since then.

Hopefully a good ending next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

seems a bit predictable tho that the amy adams character will end up falling for Farrell's character in a true way.
    Somehow I don't see that happening :D
    well it did! :)

You must get your info from Frank Semyon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That was an absolutely cracking episode,can't wait for the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Finale is 90 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Finale is 90 minutes?

Happy to hear that, very well set up now for the final episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pffft. Tim Riggins will be up and about next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 junglyparty

Who was the black guy who meet the PSTD soldier?

Who was the black guy who meet the PSTD soldier?

Chief Holloway

• Registered Users Posts: 19 junglyparty

seligehgit wrote: »
    Chief Holloway

Who's he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah man.. the last 10 mins or so were just so full of dread. Was gutted to see him picked off at the end.

Delighted to hear the finale is longer and can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah man.. the last 10 mins or so were just so full of dread. Was gutted to see him picked off at the end.

Delighted to hear the finale is longer and can't wait for it.

Yeah didn't want him to die. Who was the guy who killed him?

Lieutenant Burris.
    He alongside Chief Holloway and Dixon organised a diamond heist in 1992 to curry favour with the Mayor and create their own mini fiefdom in Vinci.Unclear as to what Dixon got out of it.

One of the twins left orphaned by the store owners murder is apparently behind the murder of Ben Caspere.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Lieutenant Burris.
    He alongside Chief Holloway and Dixon organised a diamond heist in 1992 to curry favour with the Mayor and create their own mini fiefdom in Vinci.Unclear as to what Dixon got out of it.

One of the twins left orphaned by the store owners murder is apparently behind the murder of Ben Caspere.

Yeah looking like the twins alright killed Ben Caspere think we met the brother on the film set he was the photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Tim Riggins

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Aw man that was upsetting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

That was sensational. The show started low key but improved dramatically after episode 3. Episodes 5 & 7 were right up there with season 1 in my opinion

Before I watched it I was doubting they would be able to reign the show in to a tidy finale. But wow they made a good attempt today. So much to process.

The scenes with Bezzerides and Velcoro at the end and Bezzerides with her father were very well acted indeed. Kitch was soooo close. Vaughan had his best episode yet for me.

Roll on Monday for an hour and a half. If they finish strong they really did their jobs after the slow start.

If this was watched as a box set, instead of watching weekly and really wanting another episode it would stand up much better imo. It requires patience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man i thought this was the finale. Thought it was shyte how much was left unexplained :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yeah looking like the twins alright killed Ben Caspere think we met the brother on the film set he was the photographer.

I'm glad that was cleared up

did anyone involved in this thing ever actually give a **** about a plot? It appears to be entirely incidental at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

could use spoilers you know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

From episode 7 the list of items Frank gives has the same items duplicated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have a feeling that Frank's woman is up to no good. Rooting for Frank he's a decent criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ricero wrote: »
    Have a feeling that Frank's woman is up to no good. Rooting for Frank he's a decent criminal

Always had that feeling, I'll be disappointed if she isn't and I thought Frank had a moment where he suspected it in this episode

All I'm looking forward to now is Frank getting biblical with some of them kerry russians, I mean they make his name sound like "simian" for no reason did they

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

An aerosol means it was absorbed through the lungs so throwing up wouldn't have worked.

It was a spritzer that was used. Just a way to control the dose and administration. It wouldn't be absorbed through the lungs.

Thinking about the twins if it was them the removal of the eyes might signfy the pain they felt watching their parents get murdered. Also remember in season one we met the gardener/villain in an early season episode, if we met the twins on the film set, it will be a bit lazy if they pull the same plot trick for this season. Then again it could be the cop who shot Paul maybe he was the bird man remember Colin Farrell was shot by the birdman with rubber pellets issued to cops.
    Just as a side note I thought Taylor Kitsch did an excellent job as Paul Woodrugh. I will miss his charecter in the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Two things I'll definitely take away from this weeks episode:

The Russian mobster guy should have his own spin-off called Moscow meets Muckross.

Gangster moll boobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

vaughan was doing a bit of a cristopher walken impression in that ep how he said who-ar, and laler bits too

Advertisement