Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

budhabob wrote: »
    Watched the first episode of this off sky on demand. Can't find the next episodes anywhere, when and where is this being showed?

I seen the first four episodes and it's truly a masterpiece of a series so far.
    Going to be on sky atlantic on Saturday 22 February.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Episode 4 is incredible. That 7 minute continuous shot at the end was amazing, one of the pieces of TV i have ever seen. This is definitely the best show on TV at the moment and we could potentially be looking at another masterpiece to rival the wire and breaking bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Fantastic show, especially that last episode (4) , unbelievable final 10 minutes.

Even the "slow" episodes still have me hooked, Matthew McConnaghey is a fine actor and I will not just think of him as "the shirtless one" from now on :P

Great show, has a lot of potential.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Although the last ten minutes of last week had me enthralled, for the other 50 of it I was mostly thinking: "what in the name of jaysus is going on?"

Anyone fancy summarising it in 50 words or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Although the last ten minutes of last week had me enthralled, for the other 50 of it I was mostly thinking: "what in the name of jaysus is going on?"

They found out Reggie only cooks for a biker gang from Texas that Rust has previous with. Rust decides to go "undercover" as a druggy biker to meet the gang and find out about Reggie. Crazy sh1t ensues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The bikers told Rust that they would introduce him to Ladoux if he does this one job for them at the stash house in the projects. They take a **** ton of drugs in prep and then the job goes tits up, ensuing gunfight.

Also,
    Marty's mistress opens a can of worms for him by telling his wife everything about their affair, and she has now taken their children and left him.

On the subject of Marty,
    what did people think of Rust telling him that he thought his wife was softening and that she'd get back with him within a couple of months? I didn't really get the impression she was softening at all when she met with him. Is he just saying that to get Marty to shut the hell up about it and get his head into the investigation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

IvaBigWun wrote: »

Reggie Ledoux shared a cell with the deceased ex-husband, Charlie. Charlie told them about Ledoux's involvement with a cult that murders people in elaborate ways, exactly what they are looking for. Rust made a connection with a previous death that was ruled as suicide. Marty follows this lead by tracking Tyrone Weems and gets a source on Ledoux's whereabouts from him. Ledoux cooks meth exclusively for a biker gang that Rust used to be affiliated with in his narc days. Rust had to do that job with them to convince them he was a criminal like old times.

I'm not sure how they knew to look for Tyrone Weems (guy in the club). He must have had something to do with the previous death, but it isn't explained :confused:

The bikers told Rust that they would introduce him to Ladoux if he does this one job for them at the stash house in the projects. They take a **** ton of drugs in prep and then the job goes tits up, ensuing gunfight.

Also,
    Marty's mistress opens a can of worms for him by telling his wife everything about their affair, and she has now taken their children and left him.

On the subject of Marty,
    what did people think of Rust telling him that he thought his wife was softening and that she'd get back with him within a couple of months? I didn't really get the impression she was softening at all when she met with him. Is he just saying that to get Marty to shut the hell up about it and get his head into the investigation?
    Yeah he just needed Marty to quit it. He was risking "a bullet in the head ". Needed Marty in the game and not crying about Maggie.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Tyrone Weems
    Was just a known accomplice/ friend of Reggie Ledoux

On the subject of Marty,

That's been a bone of contention across the internet. It could be interpreted as legit or a lie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

OW MY!!! this show just keeps giving.cant believe there is only 3 more in this season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

massy086 wrote: »
    OW MY!!! this show just keeps giving.cant believe there is only 3 more in this season

Have to admit the music in this show gets you right on the edge of your seat, or literally stuck to the back of it with interest!

Best episode yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cant wait till work ends and I can tuck in to last nights episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

kryogen wrote: »
    Cant wait till work ends and I can tuck in to last nights episode!

Same here, counting down the hours until I can get home and watch it! Must actually start downloading it in the morning, so that it's ready for when I get home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Well...that was a an episode. Explains a lot. And as usual - leaves you hanging for the next one. This pair need a Garda Ombudsman of their own to have a wee look into their truth telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

This is a new level of Television... Astonishing. :eek::eek::eek:

Nerve tingling tension, nothing obvious about what happened or is about to happen..

Id have loved this just to come out on Blu Ray all in one go, it would be a Cinema Experience beyond compare so far.

Now i'm just off to watch a few mins of one of the parties on Wolf of Wall Street to level out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Same here, counting down the hours until I can get home and watch it! Must actually start downloading it in the morning, so that it's ready for when I get home :pac:

:eek: What sort of an internet connection have you. Usually takes less than a minute to download for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

zarquon wrote: »
    :eek: What sort of an internet connection have you. Usually takes less than a minute to download for me!

Haha I meant so that I would be able to watch it as soon as I come home. Normally takes 5 mins! Cutting corners and the likes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Another fantastic episode. The pacing is just perfect. They're building up tension so well.

So much to digest in that last one. I had a feeling Marty was going to end up doing something rash, he has problems controlling his emotions, for sure. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get to hear more from Reggie Ladoux, or find out a bit more about him during his scene. The way he was raving away when they arrested him and had him kneeling on the ground, what was that all about? What was he saying? I'm assuming we'll be filled in on a little more detail surrounding him. I'd like to know a little more about what he was up to. That whole scene at the compound or whatever with the voice over telling one story and the visuals telling an entirely different one was perfection.

Weird scene with the lad that shot the two people in the pharmacy and this Yellow King character (Robert Chambers?). It's looking like those up on high have something to hide and Rust is getting too close for comfort.

A lot of unanswered questions surrounding Rust and Marty's personal lives - the reasons surrounding their falling out came up again, but was left open-ended (for a minute during the scene where Marty arrives back at his house after picking up his daughter, I thought it was going to have something to do with her), what happened with Rust and his girlfriend.

If the series is going in the direction of HP Lovecraft/Robert Chambers, we're in for some weird sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this show is perfection. its sensational and it keeps you guessing and on edge throughout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fantastic again, the wait is horrible each week. I'd say the last week before the season finale is going to be painful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Meant to watch this from the very start and forgot about it. Heard nothing but good about it so gonna start watching it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Raf32 wrote: »
    Meant to watch this from the very start and forgot about it. Heard nothing but good about it so gonna start watching it tomorrow

It'll keep pre bayern nerves at bay ;) Excellent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

HazDanz wrote: »
    It'll keep pre bayern nerves at bay ;) Excellent show.

Need something to keep me calm and occupied until then so hopefully this will do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

I'm guessing this show is going to get even darker quite fast. Wouldn't surprise me if Hart's oldest daughter, Audrey, has been part of the cult and has met The Yellow King. That would explain her acting out, the drawings, and her peculiar way of playing with dolls. The cult seems to be led by "big people", so rich powerful men. Perhaps Hart's father in law is a member or a leader of the cult?

Speaking of black stars, this is from inside the school:

http://i.imgur.com/CoOVKZ5.jpg

Marty really has a thing about mowing his lawn

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

That was one hell of an episode. The music and filming really creates tension even in the most boring of shots. The fact that the show continues to show the up and down nature of the realsionships Rust and Marty have within their private lives as the story moves is very welcome and creates a far more complex and dimensional characters.

I thought the most interesting part was
    Guy character who has been arrested on the double homicide. He states that "big people" are involved? which would tie in with the thought that this was not a lone deranged killer but of a cult like organisation. Wasn't there a few lines about the prostitute camp in the woods was also frequented by "big people" or "powerful people"? if I remember correctly.

Who knows where this story will lead? Rust getting done for it? Rust cracking the case and nailing the real killer? somehow I feel those this will not happily and the end could leave more questions than it answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Rust also alluded to the special task force being in on a cover-up/conspiracy. Wasnt that set up as the behest of the governor?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Great episode with palpable tension.

Re: Rust and the building he was in at the end. Where was it and what led him there?

Advertisement