Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I quiet liked Vince Vaughn in it, Its the storyline that lets it down imo, What are programmes in the genre that are on TV now that people think are better?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Piz whatever his name and Fukanaga whatever his name is need to kiss and make up. 3 will be another 2 unless both are working on it. The best they could do is get 1 dynamite director for the whole season. The multiple directors especially that Fast and Furious guy really let the last season down imo.

Whatever happens I'll still watch but it will always be in the 1st seasons epic shadow.

FWIW I thought Vaughan was pretty good in the last couple of episodes but was awful up to that point. Didn't think much of the others too except for Farrell who went off the boil towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mahershala Ali is in talks to star in the season 3.

Mahershala Ali has now officially signed on to star in season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Well I'll give it a look at least it can't be as badly written and ham acted by all the main cast as season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Finished watching Season 2 yesterday. Bit late to the party but i loved it!!! Cant get all the hate or it on here, but each to their own.
    Writing might have been a bit stilted for VV's character but otherwise i though it was top notch TV. Great performances all round.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Great casting, but way more excited about the fact that Jeremy Saulnier is on board. That's a really smart move...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Carmen Ejogo cast. Variety
    Ejogo will star opposite the previously announced Mahershala Ali in the new installment of the HBO anthology drama. She will play
    Amelia Reardon, an Arkansas schoolteacher with a connection to two missing children in 1980. Ali is set to play Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas. The new season tells the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks, and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods.

• Advertisement

https://tvline.com/2018/01/03/true-detective-season-3-casts-stephen-dorff-hbo-crime-drama/

Stephen Dorff is set to play Roland West, an Arkansas state investigator whose life and career is heavily influenced over three decades by the aforementioned crime.

Dorff joins a cast that already includes Mahershala Ali (as state police detective Wayne Hays) and Carmen Ejogo (as schoolteacher Amelia Reardon)

Ray Fisher, Rhys Wakefield, Michael Greyeyes and Jon Tenney have joined

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ok so I gave this another try earlier in the week. Loved season 1 and when season 2 came out first, I lasted about 3 episodes before I gave up. This time though I think it good. Nowhere near as good as season 1 but still very decent. I just love the long slow highway LA backdrops... 2 episodes left, cant wait to see how it pans out.

Glebee wrote: »
    Ok so I gave this another try earlier in the week. Loved season 1 and when season 2 came out first, I lasted about 3 episodes before I gave up. This time though I think it good. Nowhere near as good as season 1 but still very decent. I just love the long slow highway LA backdrops... 2 episodes left, cant wait to see how it pans out.

Finished it out.
    Franks last walk
    . Brilliant, that scene has been playing in my mind since I watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Looks decent enough from the trailer. Hopeful they've learned from the mistakes of season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I bailed on season two about two episodes in...

Worth going back?

It just wasn't the same without the two boys for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

They might be going for the two timeline approach again.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    I bailed on season two about two episodes in?

Worth going back?

I thought the same at the start. Stuck with it though and really enjoyed it by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Season two was absolutely abysmal.

"Never do anything out of hunger, not even eat."

I mean, jesus...

Hopefully this is a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Worth going back?

"Do you miss it?"

"What?"

"Anything."

Oh, it was a real masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Worth going back?

No, it'll only ruin the memory of the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

xalot wrote: »
    No, it'll only ruin the memory of the first season.

fair enough - that's the way I felt it was going before I bailed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Worth going back?

It gets better but nowhere near as good as the 1st imo. Justin Lin directed the first 2 episodes. That might explain things. :p I thought Farrell carried it for a good few episodes.

Only 2 directors with some good stuff under their belts for season 3. There's one mistake they've attempted to fix. Just a shame Fukanaga and Pizzolatto fell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'll always get excited for True Detective. The second season was disjointed, however it improved episode upon episode for me and still had enough going for it to watch.

This new trailer looks like it could be deadly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Don't care what anyone says season 2 was great imho, super performance from Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell was good too. I thought season 1 went up it's own arse at the end. Looking forward to season 3.

I really liked Season 2 in the end after a slow start. Loved the ending....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Me too i never really got the hate for season 2 other than the fact that it just was not season 1 ha. Season 1 was far better but i think season 2 got a lot of unwarranted criticism. Very decent 7/10 for me. Season 1 hitting 9/10

Advertisement