Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Safe to say: I'm in! Damn just from a 1 minute teaser too!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Don't care what anyone says season 2 was great imho, super performance from Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell was good too. I thought season 1 went up it's own arse at the end. Looking forward to season 3.

Vaughn was badly miscast. I found it difficult to take him seriously in that role. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't know how you can get excited about that trailer, it tells you absolutely nothing about what Series 3 might be like.

Its just short clips and moody music. It could stink the place out for all we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

el diablo wrote: »
    Vaughn was badly miscast. I found it difficult to take him seriously in that role. :cool:

Disagree. He was amazing. Made the season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 starts Sunday January 13th 2019.

• Advertisement

Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jesus, tell me that's a syrup on your mans head

Second trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

el diablo wrote: »

Vaughn is easily 6'5. Maybe more. He's big and imposing and that's what you want for a character like that. His size coupled with his slightly manic/crazy eyes made him a very believable "heavy".

I watched him in a fairly violent movie recently called Brawl in Cell Block 99 and he beats several people to death with his bare hands. He sells it well and it's believable. I wouldn't want to mess with him tbh.

Season two has a couple of issues but his casting wasn't one of them in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

If the reviews are good I’ll watch but no intention of watching from the start. Looks like they are trying to get a story and location as close as possible to the first series. I think that will make me just want to go back and watch the first series.
    Also the presence of the pound shop Brad Pitt; Stephen Dorff suggests mediocrity.

• Advertisement

Season 3 starts tonight in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Season 3 starts tonight in the States.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be better than season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,510 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JimBurnley wrote: »
    True Detective season 3 starts on Sky Atlantic 2am on Monday 14th January, repeated at 9pm same day.

Strong start, although my expectations weren't too high considering the **** show which was last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

Am I the only one that thought season 2 was good. OK nowhere near as good as season 1 but I really enjoyed it, loved the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lucking forward to seeing the first episode. Same director as Green Room, which I loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Just caught up with the 1st & 2nd episodes of season 3. Good so far I must say

Glebee wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thought season 2 was good. OK nowhere near as good as season 1 but I really enjoyed it, loved the ending.

:pac:

Each to their own. Season 1 is one of my favourite pieces of modern television so it had a lot to live up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'm the exact same i dont understand the hate it gets. Dont get me wrong its several pegs down from season 1 but its still a very decent show IMO 7/10.

It got a lot of hate as it was constantly being compared to the genius of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

God damn that was excellent. It has that slow dark foreboding atmosphere the first season had. It's well directed, cast and paced this time round....they've obviously learned their lesson from S02. Good start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

jones wrote: »
    I'm the exact same i dont understand the hate it gets.
    It got a lot of hate as it was constantly being compared to the genius of season 1.

I think you've just answered yourself there! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

God damn that was excellent. It has that slow dark foreboding atmosphere the first season had. It's well directed, cast and paced this time round....they've obviously learned their lesson from S02. Good start!

I read a review last week which slated these 2 episodes but I thought it got off to a pretty good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I thought the main issue with season 2 was far too many principal characters making it harder to get behind them - too many back story's and plots

It appears season 3 is more towards season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

The main problem with season 2 was that it came after season 1.;)
    The expectations were huge and it just didn't reach the heights of season 1.

Riskymove wrote: »
    I thought the main issue with season 2 was far too many principal characters making it harder to get behind them - too many back story's and plots

What are you talking about?! It was easy to follow

CZz11kn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

After watching the first episode it feels more like the first season alright, to the point where it feels a bit too much like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If I was the police, I'd be checking the local government-run research facility

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Yeah I was delighted when it ended as well.

On the second episode of Season 3 and its already kicking 2's ass.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Strong 2 episodes so far. Saulnier did a great job directing. Solid 9/10 so far

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Riskymove wrote: »

Its a simple story tbh. Theres too many characters for a 8 episode series though

Advertisement