Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Detective [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Haha I meant so that I would be able to watch it as soon as I come home. Normally takes 5 mins! Cutting corners and the likes :pac:

5 mins for a 720p download ?

Anyway, not since Breaking Bad have I seen such a good episode of TV.

Amazing show, can't believe only 3 episodes left ..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode again - the production values are outstanding. I mean how many other shows make a bundle of sticks scary?!

MD5T7kk.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

ixoy wrote: »
    Excellent episode again - the production values are outstanding. I mean how many other shows make a bundle of sticks scary?!

MD5T7kk.png?1

Spolier:
    Probably reading too much into it, but anyone think the men Rust makes out of his beer cans remind them of this? Could be nothing tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Great episode with palpable tension.

Re: Rust and the building he was in at the end. Where was it and what led him there?

I am 90% sure it was the school from episode three, they spoke to a guy driving a lawnmower outside it

Excellent program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Rust also alluded to the special task force being in on a cover-up/conspiracy. Wasnt that set up as the behest of the governor?

There is a reference to Tuttle (the minister guy who Cohle disrespected) in the latest episode. Marty is asked about him and replies in a snarky fashion. I think this implies that Cohle will go onto to pin this on Tuttle.

I'm confused about all the references to time that Rust is making. Its the same thing that Ledoux was talking about before he died

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Great episode with palpable tension.

Re: Rust and the building he was in at the end. Where was it and what led him there?

The school. I think Rust went there simply because he was passing by that same sign about the missing girl and decided to have a look on a hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I assume that Rust had gone undercover again (obviously unofficially) since he left the force? That's got to explain his whereabouts.

Going into the school for the second time he realised that the killer is still out there. Marty could probably be privy to that info too if so.

Just a thought.
    EDIT:
    In case you missed it earlier I posted a story from iO9 discussing the book The King in Yellow. Fascinating considering the stuff in the latest episode.

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-reference-you-must-know-to-appreciate-1523076497

Here's the latest recap.
    http://io9.com/true-detective-takes-us-to-the-void-at-the-center-of-me-1524756707
    Very interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Another great episode. Unfortunate there's only 3 left but at least we know it'll be wrapping things up and won't be dragging things out.

If the suggestion above about Rust being undercover isn't true, I can see him and Marty teaming up later on anyway

Had to laugh when I read on another board (Walking Dead spoiler)
    you know Marty has it bad when Lizzie, the crazy girl from Walking Dead is his GOOD daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

fuuuuuucking hell. this show is too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Noticed one of the interviewers winking at rust during the interview.

Could be nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I downloaded the King in Yellow on my Kindle. Hope I can finish it before the season ends. It was free, I guess because of the age it's public domain. It's a weird little book so far. It's funny reading their predictions for the 1920s, 25 years in the author's future. He may have been a bit off on one or two minor details. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Anachrony wrote: »
    I downloaded the King in Yellow on my Kindle. Hope I can finish it before the season ends. It was free, I guess because of the age it's public domain. It's a weird little book so far. It's funny reading their predictions for the 1920s, 25 years in the author's future. He may have been a bit off on one or two minor details. :p
    I think it's the protagonist in that particular story who is a little off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Have heard excellent things about this. Going to give it a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

delete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ah man. This show is amazing.

On one hand I wish there was more than the 8 episodes, on the other its just perfect to keep you wanting more next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Ah man. This show is amazing.

On one hand I wish there was more than the 8 episodes, on the other its just perfect to keep you wanting more next season.

It will be a different storyline next year with different actors.

Episode 6 preview in case anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZ3dOCH5Vg

Will be interesting to see where the show goes from here.
    Looks like at the moment it could go either way in terms of it being either a crime series or supernatural series or some combination of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    It will be a different storyline next year with different actors.

I realise that but I would stlll look forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Post this just in case people don't know it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

what compelled rust to go back to the school? was it clear?

also..

Untitled.jpg

• Advertisement

Leftist wrote: »
    what compelled rust to go back to the school? was it clear?

also..

Untitled.jpg

Rust also notices a ton of missing person reports were allegedly made in error in the latest episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Grimebox wrote: »
    Rust also notices a ton of missing person reports were allegedly made in error in the latest episode

surely linking these persons to the building...

otherwise i still don't get why he went there.

Boom another thing:
    Ee1Ea43.jpg

:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

That io9 recap, linked above, is indeed interesting. Lots of subtle things that I'm missing out that were intentional, such as this scene when Rust is driving:
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    The yellow crown (of the Yellow King?) is hovering over his head.
    Also note that LeDoux had an almost Ctuhulu-like appearance at the end of episode 3 and yet the tattoo of the black stars was missing from his back in this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Eod100 wrote: »
    Episode 6 preview in case anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZ3dOCH5Vg

Will be interesting to see where the show goes from here.
    Looks like at the moment it could go either way in terms of it being either a crime series or supernatural series or some combination of both.
    Really hope it doesn't turn into a supernatural show in any way.

Though episode 4 was brilliant but 5 has made it look like a mid season plot filler already. If it continues improving like this I'm going to have to go back to imdb to receive rate almost every show I've ever rated so the 9-10/10 I'd give True Dectective actually emphasises how good it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

"Good to see you commit to something" - Brilliant line in that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Really hope it doesn't turn into a supernatural show in any way.

Though episode 4 was brilliant but 5 has made it look like a mid season plot filler already. If it continues improving like this I'm going to have to go back to imdb to receive rate almost every show I've ever rated so the 9-10/10 I'd give True Dectective actually emphasises how good it is.

I'm not sure what i'm going to think when this is over as it has re-set the bar for TV.. God help anyone trying to follow that up...

Just on the whole whodunnit aspect:
    Think it'll turn out to be some network of rich and well-connected people like the Mayor and Reverend who visited the police station. And for some reason think Hart's father in law has some role in it all.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just on the whole whodunnit aspect:
    Think it'll turn out to be some network of rich and well-connected people like the Mayor and Reverend who visited the police station. And for some reason think Hart's father in law has some role in it all.

There has been a few convincing fan theories that lead to
    the father in law being part of the cult. It ties up how messed up Hart's eldest daughter is with regards to her strange drawings and reckless behaviour as a teen. She was abused by him. It also backs up what Hart was saying about the detective's curse, "it was right under his nose the whole time".

I'm not sure if the above is an actual spoiler since it is just speculation. Some people prefer not to read fan theories, I'd usually be one of them but this show has me obsessed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Random I know but has ANYONE seen this hilarious tumblr from True Detective. I’m a massive fan of the show and if ever you need light relief from the episodes ( I find them quite heavy) this does it!!!

http://truedetectiveconversations.tumblr.com

tumblr_n0stetlBGM1ts8u03o1_1280.png
    tumblr_n0stetlBGM1ts8u03o2_1280.png
    tumblr_n0stetlBGM1ts8u03o3_1280.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Actually looking forward to it ending and the subsequent rewatching.

Advertisement