Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can We Talk About Cancer for a few Moments

• 15-06-2013 12:03am

i feel so :( and :mad: all at the same time

we got some bad news today and my family dont really take much but im worried about my dad

cancer is both side of ourt familes and sadly its taken alot of member because of it

i never seen my dad so low today for the first time in years he just didnt give a **** about anything

he has lost 2 brothers and 2 sisters in the space of 3 years to cancer and today his other sister found out she has cancer in both kidneys

my dad lost his mother and father to cancer also

everyone in out family get tested once a year for it

my dad did have cancer and survived it that was when i was a baby

and when my dad other sister had it she also survived it

my dad other two brother lucky never had cancer (heres hoping)

i just wish that someday soon they find a cure because im getting a little suck of losing family members to it and were a close group so we all bare the pain and struggles

TL,DR i hate cancer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thats so sad god love your dad and your aunt all you can do is stay strong for your dad it must be so hard for you all dont forget fathers day on sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

a positive attitude is contagious, cancer isn't, so my suggestion is you talk to your family member. there are times when not being a talky family is ok. sounds like this is probably not one of those times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Enjoy each and every day. Spend time together. Let each other know you love and care for them. Laugh often and appreciate each other. Be strong. It's hard to do but worth the memories. Give your dad a big hug,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Sorry to hear your troubles OP,must be very hard on all the family but as has been said staying positive is very important,understandable that your dad will have his down days but so will you,so talk.
    As a cancer patient getting treated myself at the moment i to have my down days but having a strong/positive attitude & family to help you through times like this,well it's priceless
    Stay strong

thanks for all the replies reading them are making me smile

fun fact i never met my dad mother and my aunt that has cancer in both kidneys looks alot like her so when i was small my dad showed me pics of his mam and when we went to visit my aunt as i said he the image of her i called her nana even though shes my aunt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sorry to hear it tajd, it's a pretty ****ty situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

ipobc.png

258343.png

I Bought the t-shirt:mad:

Advertisement