Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre problems

• 15-06-2013 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Got it hooked up just over a week ago. All going fine till the last 2 days. Seems like my download speed has completely went to zero. Cant even take a speed test on a local server either for some reason. I'm supposed to be getting 46/10, according to eircoms speed test i still do get 46 down. But for some reason its still slow as hell. Even with my xbox. Cant even sign into xbox live.

I've tried so many ways to fix it, resetting modem, refreshing ip. re booting everything, leaving everything off. Still not fixed. Can anybody offer a solution? im freaking out here lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

oops you have done most of the usual, has eircom been around at the cabinets?? a surefire way is to do a complete re-install but wired to your main pc. at the same time leave out the telephone lead, so switch off everything, remove leads, reboot pc and modem but wait a few minutes from switching off to reboting. once back on check sync details, that is the max of your line ie it was set by eircom. then go to speedtest and run 3 tests to your nearest server. but i think it may be an eircom issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Wambo

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    oops you have done most of the usual, has eircom been around at the cabinets?? a surefire way is to do a complete re-install but wired to your main pc. at the same time leave out the telephone lead, so switch off everything, remove leads, reboot pc and modem but wait a few minutes from switching off to reboting. once back on check sync details, that is the max of your line ie it was set by eircom. then go to speedtest and run 3 tests to your nearest server. but i think it may be an eircom issue.
    Thanks. The problem seems to have gone away now. Don't want to speak too soon lol. But yea if it ever happens again I'll try your method.

Advertisement