Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suncreams

Options
  • 15-06-2013 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi going on a 2 week holiday, will be in the water all the time. Can anyone recommend any available suncreams that are genuinely SPF50 and 5 star UVA protective, have maximum water resistance and do not make you look like you painted porridge on yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parasol sun cream is the best, as a fair skin Irish man I swear by the stuff and have used it successfully in many hot countries. It's completely water proof .

P20 is also good but stains cloths and has to be put on 1 hour before sun exposure.

Asfaik they do prevent you getting sun burnt but don't score highly with regards blocking the harmful rays, but I know of no other product which offers the same protection and is waterproof.

SPF is only a measure of UVB protection and not UVA. Also up to recently in Australia you couldn't buy anything higher than 30+ so anything rated 30+ is generally considered to be around 50 so if comparing 2 bear this in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I use P20, it goes up to factor 50 and does a great job. It does stain but it doesn't matt in body hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Thanks guys but both product appear to not have any rating on blocking UVA which menas they probably do not block it or to no signifigance

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parasol offers better rating than p20 which i think is 3 star

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Some sun blocks have to be applied at least 30 minutes before you head into the water, if they run into the eyes, its very very painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

HeadHunter sunscreen is worth checking out, expensive but find it pretty good. Never experienced any probs with pain in the eyes etc:

http://www.headhuntersurf.com/estore/category/3209

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

I burn real easy
    Best and easiest stuff if in boots its soltan invisible! Its a spray can so just spray and wipe once
    Been using this stuff since i was in cali 5 years ago no more creams and rubbing again! 5 star UVA and 50 SPF

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jarv

Waterman 55 great stuff used it for long sessions in Sri lanka and Nica nad never burnt. not cheap though , P20 or P30 once you get a tan put it on in the morn and will last all day in the water new stuff doesent stain cloths and only 15 min till your good to go in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

aloe gator gel spf40 is great and not too pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Would be a fan of P20 hit Egypt every year and always use it. Put it on before breakfast and youre good for the day. Trouble is I forget to use it here when we do have good days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement