Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snail speed broadband with Smart Telecom since yesterday.

• 15-06-2013 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Has anyone been having snail speed broadband with Smart Telecom since yesterday morning? I am near Cork City.

It is worse than dial up.

:confused:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

Ironically, the upload is actually slightly better than normal. The download is woeful though.

258347.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

It turns out my broadband was throttled due to breaking the cap. I thought the cap was from the 1st to end of each month but it must be a rolling 30 day thing. All fine again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

didn't think capped internet still exists. You learn something "old" everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Ah yes, data caps.... thank goodness for Sky broadband ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Smart used to be uncapped and really good until Digiweb got their hands on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

I joined smart because of no cap then left smart because of their cap and told them so. I went for magnet, luckily both were available to me.

Advertisement