Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to manage an employee out the door....

Options
  • 15-06-2013 10:49am
    Site Banned Posts: 9

I have been ordered by senior management to manage a difficult employee out the door. I want to do this without tarnishing my reputation. The worker is a know malingerer and lazy girl with a desperate attendance record. She is also the office bike so it will be best for all if she just goes. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Its a horrible thing to have to do but sometimes there really is no other option.

Put her on a personal improvement plan with weekly goals. Make her aware (with HR present) that if she doesnt achieve the goals by X date then shes out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Dick Stack wrote: »
    I have been ordered by senior management to manage a difficult employee out the door. I want to do this without tarnishing my reputation. The worker is a know malingerer and lazy girl with a desperate attendance record. She is also the office bike so it will be best for all if she just goes. Any ideas ?

Is this seriously something that has the slightest relevance to her effectiveness as a member of staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is this seriously something that has the slightest relevance to her effectiveness as a member of staff?

Missed that part. You'd want to be really careful with that kind of thinking if youre managing people OP.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Dick Stack

It does in fact. The amount of time flirting. Jealously amongst the other male staff. Coming in dressed in the same clothes as the previous day not smelling great. So yes it is relevant in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

You need to be careful if you choose to go that route, you could be open to legal proceedings for forced resignation if the goals are hard to reach! Talk with your HR dept, if she has a bad attendance record put her on disciplinary that if she's misses any days, certified or not she can be released from her contract! Be careful she doesn't become or feel as though she is being bullied in the workplace, we all know how that ends!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 9 Dick Stack

gumbo1 wrote: »
    You need to be careful if you choose to go that route, you could be open to legal proceedings for forced resignation if the goals are hard to reach! Talk with your HR dept, if she has a bad attendance record put her on disciplinary that if she's misses any days, certified or not she can be released from her contract! Be careful she doesn't become or feel as though she is being bullied in the workplace, we all know how that ends!!

We don't really have a HR dept as we are a smallish company

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

/trolling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement