Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive upgrade

• 15-06-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have the orginal xbox 360 with the original 20gb hard drive . Has anyone bought a larger hard drive (120gb) and transferred their stuff across . Amount of updates for games like battlefield and a XBLA game or two fills up the 20gb completely. Anyone done this , if so how much did it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have a never used 250GB HDD for the old style 360 and the transfer kit around here somewhere if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You just need a new hard drive, cost you maybe €40, you'll also need an xbox transfer cable to get all your stuff to the new machine.
    Its the same as a laptop drive, 2.5inch 5400rpm, there €40 on dab.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭James201213

I have a never used 250GB HDD for the old style 360 and the transfer kit around here somewhere if you want it.

Seriously?

Yeah I have no use for it and it will just eventually go in a bin. Think I've had it lying around here for a few years, just need to dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭James201213

Yeah I have no use for it and it will just eventually go in a bin. Think I've had it lying around here for a few years, just need to dig it out.

Wow that would be great , thanks!

• Advertisement

PM me your address and I'll see if I can get it sent on Monday or Tuesday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You just need a new hard drive, cost you maybe €40, you'll also need an xbox transfer cable to get all your stuff to the new machine.
    Its the same as a laptop drive, 2.5inch 5400rpm, there €40 on dab.ie

For an original xbox 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The phat xbox 360 hard drive is a 2.5" 5400rpm SATA hard drive. However it has a proprietary firmware installed on it so any old laptop hard drive will not cut it.

What you need if you want to go down this route is a Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive in a capacity available as an official drive (60GB, 120GB, 250GB) and HDDhackr.

These days it is not worth the hassle as buying an official Microsoft drive is roughly the same price. Back in the day Microsoft had a premium on hard drives that made it much more cost effective to use HDDhacker to modify a non MS drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

You may not even need a new drive, the xbox can store data on usb sticks and external hard drives up to a partition of 32 gb. I think you can have more than one connected at the same time as well. It also means you don't need a transfer kit to move data from one drive to another.

Advertisement