Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Springbok Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Teferi wrote: »
    Yes, lower tier nations occasionally get wins against the top 4 teams like Ireland. Two great days for South Africa, a few more wins like that and they might make their way out of Tier 2.

That's why Ireland can't win series in SH and need to poach coaches and players??scotland have beaten Ireland more than Ireland have beaten them??even been beaten by a amateur team twice?and took forever to even win a game against a bad NZ team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bigbok wrote: »
    That's why Ireland can't win series in SH and need to poach coaches and players??scotland have beaten Ireland more than Ireland have beaten them??even been beaten by a amateur team twice?and took forever to even win a game against a bad NZ team

You mean one of the best NZ teams in history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The NZ team on a record 18 wins in a row? Yeah they were ****e alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The idea of "poaching" players is hilarious given the recent comments by Strauss and Pienaar saying they'll never go home because they don't feel safe. Your country is quite literally hemmorhaging players due to the economy/environment they have to live in, no more than why I'm sure you came to Ireland.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

In fairness it was commendable for the Irish u12's to get any wins down in South Africa. Especially when there was only about 20 of them fit by the end.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    In fairness it was commendable for the Irish u12's to get any wins down in South Africa. Especially when there was only about 20 of them fit by the end.

Yet the worst SA team
    In history means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yet the worst SA team
    In history means nothing.

So the worst SA team in history (hyperbole), could narrowly defeat a pretty much second string Irish team and that's an indication that you would beat us in the pool stages of the RWC?

stephen_n wrote: »
    So the worst SA team in history (hyperbole), could narrowly defeat a pretty much second string Irish team and that's an indication that you would beat us in the pool stages of the RWC?

I'd bet my house on beating Ireland in the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'd bet my house on beating in the World Cup.

Is it in South Africa?

We're gonna need something more valuable for the bet, if it is.

Buer wrote: »
    Is it in South Africa?

We're gonna need something more valuable for the bet, if it is.

Nicer than ur caravan on the halting site

• Advertisement

I'd bet my house on beating Ireland in the World Cup.

Did you not already lose it on Erasmus returning to SA this summer? You may have a gambling problem there.

Ah yes resorting to personal attacks is the true classy way of an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

At least buer can afford a caravan. I don't think SARU could.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's actually a HiAce with a mattress in the back but thanks for not judging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Aaaand unfollow.

Delighted with that draw,guess either us or NZ will be knocking Ireland out the quarters again lol maybe 2023 will be their year

Delighted with that draw,guess either us or NZ will be knocking Ireland out the quarters again lol maybe 2023 will be their year

Or else Italy could humiliate you again and you won't leave the group? Seems more likely to me

You have to qualify for the quarter-finals first. That involves beating Italy. Once you've done that we'll see how you get on against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

My money's on Italy. They're rebuilding. South Africa are in freefall.

• Advertisement

You have to qualify for the quarter-finals first. That involves beating Italy. Once you've done that we'll see how you get on against us.

Cocky for a team that 2/3 against us in summer,lost to Scotland and still playing against a team who loves knockout rugby.id be confident on tiling the group.msrk my words u will be playing NZ in quarters

Cocky for a team that 2/3 against us in summer,lost to Scotland and still playing against a team who loves knockout rugby.id be confident on tiling the group.msrk my words u will be playing NZ in quarters

More likely to be playing Italy in the quarters than NZ.

I'm not being cocky about our own chances. I'm just being pessimistic about yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

24e48d5ca61acb4b5bd39413110d899e2067901ba27c03df5643662dd34f889a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

As a kiwi I'm not happy with the draw. We tend to struggle at World Cups when we have easy pools. I would have preferred to have at least one strong team in our pool like in the last two RWCs. Well I guess 4 glorified training runs before the quarters will have to do.

So we'll probably have Italy in the quarters if we top our group, that's not too bad really.

So we'll probably have Italy in the quarters if we top our group, that's not too bad really.

Nah Scotland and Japan will beat u.just make sure the team don't unpack as they won't be there that long

• Advertisement

Nah Scotland and Japan will beat u.just make sure the team don't unpack as they won't be there that long

Possible, sure we'll get a measure Japans level this summer. We already know Italy are well capeable of beating the boks though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

You're on a great run yourselves. Two wins in the last 10 matches and a draw with the BaaBaas. :)

Wales 27-13 SA
    Italy 20-18 SA
    England 37-21 SA
    BaaBaas 31-31 SA :o
    SA 15-57 NZ
    SA 18-10 Aus :cool:
    NZ 41-13 SA
    Aus 23-17 SA
    Arg 26-24 SA
    SA 30-23 Arg :cool:

You're on a great run yourselves. Two wins in the last 10 matches and a draw with the BaaBaas. :)

Wales 27-13 SA
    Italy 20-18 SA
    England 37-21 SA
    BaaBaas 31-31 SA :o
    SA 15-57 NZ
    SA 18-10 Aus :cool:
    NZ 41-13 SA
    Aus 23-17 SA
    Arg 26-24 SA
    SA 30-23 Arg :cool:

South Africa's new team song

https://youtu.be/Bz-222h4KPA

Payne shown up to be just another average player

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Ya, one clip totally proves that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

No way are SA getting out of that group. Average players and very poorly coached.
    Shame to see them in free fall as they were good back in the 90's.
    Will they be any better when they play here in the WC in 2023? Will they even be in the 2nd tier of top teams?

I was watching Videos of James Ryan on youtube and all of a sudden this one popped up. No idea why, wasn't watching anything to do with Italy or South Africa, weird. Totally random.

mfceiling wrote: »
    No way are SA getting out of that group. Average players and very poorly coached.
    Shame to see them in free fall as they were good back in the 90's.
    Will they be any better when they play here in the WC in 2023? Will they even be in the 2nd tier of top teams?

Getting cocky because Ireland are above SA on rankings,it must be hard to adjust been that high considering u belong around 6th or 7th,anyway we will be above Ireland again by the end of the AI and u will be back down the bottom as usual.just remember u apparently playing ur best ever rugby and still can't compete,SA have stumbled but will soon enough be back were they belong

I was watching Videos of James Ryan on youtube and all of a sudden this one popped up. No idea why, wasn't watching anything to do with Italy or South Africa, weird. Totally random.

U want me to show u the videos of a complete amauter team beating Ireland twice???

U want me to show u the videos of a complete amauter team beating Ireland twice???

I'd rather if you showed me videos of amateurs getting teamed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

WRONG. it's this one.

jacothelad wrote: »

Shows ur Irish intelligence talking **** about a team that beat u lol must suck to be Ireland

The way things are going with SA these days they might set a record losing streak, anyone know what most consecutive losses is? That could be something for you to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I'd rather if you showed me videos of amateurs getting teamed :pac:

+1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That was really interesting. I've never heard Klingon rugby commentary before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Getting cocky because Ireland are above SA on rankings,it must be hard to adjust been that high considering u belong around 6th or 7th,anyway we will be above Ireland again by the end of the AI and u will be back down the bottom as usual.just remember u apparently playing ur best ever rugby and still can't compete,SA have stumbled but will soon enough be back were they belong

Grammar and punctuation.

Ireland are not playing their best ever rugby. It's just at this current moment we have a better group of players and are significantly better coached than SA. Our structures are also getting stronger and the game is becoming more popular than ever. That's the nature of professional sport for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Suppose you're Gatland, and an intern has discovered an i wasn't dotted and a t left uncrossed on the Sand River Convention. You may now include South African players in this year's Lions squad. Who would people pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

japan_s_karne_hesketh_dives_over_to_score_the_matc_55fe454a50.JPG

As they say, you're only as good as your last game. Given that Japan beat SA so convincingly in their last encounter and we'll have just faced Japan, I'd say we'll be relieved to be facing SA rather than Italy in the Quarter finals.

Conor O'Shea will have Italy chomping at the bit in 2019 so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Italy get the 2nd spot in their pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Shows ur Irish intelligence talking **** about a team that beat u lol must suck to be Ireland

Go away.

The rest of you stop feeding the trolls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

Rassie and Brendan will be taking full time contracts with the springboks.from a close friend of mine who is involved with springbok rugby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

Nienerbar will be taking high performance role in SA rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Who's the starting No8 if both fit? Duane or Warren?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Stormerswp

damianmcr wrote: »
    Who's the starting No8 if both fit? Duane or Warren?

Would have to be Warren,he has stayed loyal to SA rugby,shows passion for the shirt and is a born leader,Duane can stay in France as he isn't needed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Stormerswp

Stormers starting young Juarno Augustus in Saturday against the sunwolves,U20 World Cup player of the tournament will play at 7

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 June18zellie

So it's good bye to Coetzee, Proudfoot, Smith and Venter. Rassie, together with Neinaber, De Villiers (scrum guru) and Stick to take Boks to 2019. Davids in after World Cup ...

Advertisement