Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with council and renting?

Options
  • 15-06-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

does anyone know why fingal county council allow you to rent your property if you have your mortgage with them but dublin city council don't?
    seems strange,if it was a legal reason then surely fingal co co wouldn't allow it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 unclejoe89

Hey,

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

I am thinking of renting out a property which I have a mortgage with Meath CoCo?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ooter wrote: »
    does anyone know why fingal county council allow you to rent your property if you have your mortgage with them but dublin city council don't?
    seems strange,if it was a legal reason then surely fingal co co wouldn't allow it?:confused:

Dublin City do. I’ve one on a council mortgage and it’s rented to a HAP tenant.

In fact its being rented since it was bought on shared ownership from day 1 and they were happy. Even After it was changed to 100% mortgage they were happy

As I said. I can rent it and pay the mortgage or leave it empty and not pay the mortgage

Advertisement